How badly does your mirror face mog your phone front facing camera face?

Deleted member 9890

Deleted member 9890

Chairman of the sunken eye & dark circle society
I'd say my mirror face mogs by about 1 PSL

The mirror face looks better for the following reasons:

- smoother skin texture
- more radiant looking skin
- acne / red hyperpigmentation is much more visible in the phone
- acne scarring is less visible than phone
- dark circles are less visible than phone
- lighter eye coloring in the mirror (I have darkish green eyes, but that isn't picked up on phone)
- squarer jaw
- wider face

Anybody else have similar experience?

Lifefuel is that your mirror is your true appearance tbh. Yes- it's a mirrored version, but just like you've got used to your mirrored self, others are used to your unmirrored self and prefer that. There can be no difference in attractiveness between a face and it's mirror image- they have the same degree of symmetry and everything else identical.

The mirror is how you are viewed irl, since it's formed by light photons bouncing off the mirror- unlike the phone which is a digital reconstruction

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ColeMoney, Deleted member 15827, Deleted member 5180 and 8 others
im a fucking truecel on the phone but i look pretty good in the mirror
i go from pct to nct when i use the camera
idk if my camera is just shit or what but i cant really take pictures and look normal in them

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Tallooksmaxxer, yeeyeeslayer and 6 others
im a fucking truecel on the phone but i look pretty good in the mirror
i go from pct to nct when i use the camera
idk if my camera is just shit or what but i cant really take pictures and look normal in them
saaame with the pct. I'm pretty much neutral but phone gives me nct

• +1
Reactions: bwrauycnee and Deleted member 13787

- smoother skin texture
- lighter eye coloring in the mirror (I have darkish green eyes, but that isn't picked up on phone)
- squarer jaw
- wider face

Lifefuel is that your mirror is your true appearance tbh. Yes- it's a mirrored version, but just like you've got used to your mirrored self, others are used to your unmirrored self and prefer that. There can be no difference in attractiveness between a face and it's mirror image- they have the same degree of symmetry and everything else identical.

The mirror is how you are viewed irl, since it's formed by light photons bouncing off the mirror- unlike the phone which is a digital reconstruction
put two mirrors in a 90 degree position to get a true mirror and look at yourself there its legit the same shit as the mirror youll just notice some imbalances but nothing to kill yourself to

true mirror shows how you look to others (left is right and right is left)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9890
put two mirrors in a 90 degree position to get a true mirror and look at yourself there its legit the same shit as the mirror youll just notice some imbalances but nothing to kill yourself to

true mirror shows how you look to others (left is right and right is left)
there is no point in seeing it tbh. your mirrored version has exactly the same degree of attractiveness as unmirrored

in fact- psychologically- seeing your mirrored version is similar to others seeing your unmirrored version due to familarity

• +1
Reactions: cardiologist, Deleted member 6423 and Effortless
there is no point in seeing it tbh. your mirrored version has exactly the same degree of attractiveness as unmirrored

in fact- psychologically- seeing your mirrored version is similar to others seeing your unmirrored version due to familarity
its the same shit at the end of the day dont worry about it lol

• +1
Reactions: Effortless and Deleted member 9890
I look better in the mirror for sure. My nose looks more proportional to the rest of my face and my jaw and chin looks wider.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, .👽., Effortless and 1 other person
Basically, the selfie camera does two negative things:

- narrows and distorts your proportions
- makes skin imperfections much more visible

• +1
Reactions: ColeMoney and Effortless
My snap pics mog. I look like bloated frog in the mirror jfl. Long and wide maxilla:feelswhy::chad:

My snap pics mog. I look like bloated frog in the mirror jfl. Long and wide maxilla:feelswhy::chad:
well thats interesting

people who have a round face, or perhaps a more broad face in general may look better on the phone as it narrows them

people who already have a narrow head and a poor fwhr are destroyed by the selfie cam lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Edgar
"Mirror is how people see you but flipped basically, so people will see you the same but you will see yourself as different and most likely 'worse' because you're not used to the asymmetry of the non flipped version of you."

I've said this before and someone said I'm coping because they lack comprehension aka autism

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Hector, 5'8manlet, Deleted member 6531 and 5 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8608
Yeah the cam messes up my skin texture and radiance and also seems to give me more UEE and makes my lower third look narrower and my head look bigger

• +1
glad to hear other users have same experience

im gonna put the rope back in my cabinet

• JFL
Reactions: Booker, .👽. and Deleted member 6273
Looks exactly the same

My mirror face mog my camera face . So i belive face in mirror is a hard cope

it depends on the camera and what your face looks like, what are you flaws etc
Not only that, but selfies with my cellphone shitty camera make my face so narrow and my nose so big that i stand around 1.55-1.60 fwhr
In other hand when i take photos from 1.5 - 2meters away stand position and looking foward my fwhr raises up to 1.75 - 1.80 and my nose looks totally normal

Id like to know if there is a proper way to measure fwhr without photos/distortion

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Effortless, justadude and Deleted member 9890
I actually look better in my front facing camera, my imperfections are easily revealed in the mirror

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Edgar
I actually look better in my front facing camera, my imperfections are easily revealed in the mirror
interesting.

obviously depends on the lighting, as someone who has had acne I'm very conscious of this

elevator lighting is some of the worse

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: metagross and .👽.
interesting.

obviously depends on the lighting, as someone who has had acne I'm very conscious of this

elevator lighting is some of the worse
My skin is good but there's still imperfections. My texture is more easily seen in the mirror.

i look the same in mirror as in candids. but when taking a selfie i usually have to move my head to some kind of angle to look good

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
Kill yourself loser
mirin fwhr tho

this you @hebbewem ?

Mwox1000ipad 2 skin pad750x1000f8f8f8u2

Dude, we look exactly the same in the mirror just flipped

i'm a bit ugly in the mirror, but on my phone taking a selfie, I am REPULSIVE!!

I went out drinking on the weekend with some friends and took a selfie, and I just stared in disbelief at it and was just amazed that i've actually managed to bang some half decent looking girls in my time. Like, I have no idea how. If I look anything close to that selfie (which I must) then it's staggering that i've managed to hook up with some semi-attractive girls

i'm a bit ugly in the mirror, but on my phone taking a selfie, I am REPULSIVE!!

I went out drinking on the weekend with some friends and took a selfie, and I just stared in disbelief at it and was just amazed that i've actually managed to bang some half decent looking girls in my time. Like, I have no idea how. If I look anything close to that selfie (which I must) then it's staggering that i've managed to hook up with some semi-attractive girls
redpill

@one job away made a good thread on what shows you the most realistic, i think it was the photo from a mirror.

when you have a mirror you probably have a good lighting nearby
i look so much better in mirror and expensive cameras

when you have a mirror you probably have a good lighting nearby
i look so much better in mirror and expensive cameras
what kind of camera? Like a DSLR and somebody takes a self portrait of you?

what kind of camera? Like a DSLR and somebody takes a self portrait of you?
school pictures. camera that flashes and provides lighting. it was to support my point about lighting

True and when you are checking out the selfie camera, you usually are less than an arms length away or at a weird angle so you might distort it by alot

my face looks like it has 200 pounds bigger and wide with front facing camera, in the mirror I look so good compared

Tired Lion GIF by Nat Geo Wild

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Deleted member 14139
@one job away made a good thread on what shows you the most realistic, i think it was the photo from a mirror.
Yes it’s mirror selfie.
a 3rd party photographing you is also correct but again reversed to what you see inside the mirror. So it will look worse than you a look like. Mirror selfie is best

• +1
Reactions: metagross and .👽.
1,85 fwhr - 1,5 - 2 meters range, not selfie, good light

1,68 fwhr selfie few cms range, good light

1,58 fwhr selfie very very close range, bad lightning

Dont even try to measure your fwhr and mid face ratio with selfies, the results wil vary alot and you will end up paranoid, specially if you have bad cellphgone cameras like i do
Everything shifts and change dramatically with distortion

Last edited:
Camera also shows brutal assymetries

• +1
Reactions: JosephGarrot123, Booker and Edgar
You have to be lean and symmetrical for selfie to even come close to your mirror face. Your mirror face is much more like what others see though so selfie face is not worth considering.

When looking in the mirror, we have full and instant control. If we don't like the angle, we react right away by tweaking our face and correcting our posture and facial expression to form a more satisfying appearance. When it comes to photographs, we mostly see ourselves only after the pic is taken. Which is why often people feel like they are much better looking then in selfies.

This is because the reflection you see every day in the mirror is the one you perceive to be original and hence a better-looking version of yourself. So, when you look at a photo of yourself, your face seems to be the wrong way as it is reversed than how you are used to seeing it.

• +1
Reactions: hebbewem
seeing your mirrored version is similar to others seeing your unmirrored version due to familarity
high IQ end of this whole mirror vs photo discussion

• +1
Camera also shows brutal assymetries
no one on this forum is more assymetrical than me. literally look like a picasso painting due to abnormal bone mass growth on certain part of my skull

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: metagross and Lolcel
no one on this forum is more assymetrical than me. literally look like a picasso painting due to abnormal bone mass growth on certain part of my skull
mirin

my guy is picassopilled

My eye assymetry is also quite noticable
One eye is higher than the other
Infact one of my whole face is slightly tilted up
If i take a front shot
It makes me want to rope ...

- smoother skin texture
- squarer jaw
- wider face

I know that the mirror view is your actual IRL view because I know my brother and when I see him in the mirror, it's like I see him IRL.
But when he is on photos, sure I recognize him, but it looks "sharper" than I actually see him. The real image of you is seen in the mirror.

You may be unsure about your own image, because you are afraid of simply coping, but when trying this with a person you know (e.g. a family member) you will see that the mirror image is the real image.
I would recommend doing this test with someone you know personally. This also avoids the coping bias.

• +1
If you are good then u are good and mirror is the most accurate and to everyone said mirror is flipped how the hell could a dlipped face be xompletely different ugly is ugly in flipped mirror and good is good