How can I stop believing my muscle twitches are probably ALS?

Xangsane

Xangsane

Walking sick sick they walking the town
It started off with a leg twitch in a specific part of my knee and now I'm feeling sporadic eyelid, foot, and hand twitches. I also feel a leg cramp, but not on the leg that has the twitchy knee.

I sat cross-legged for a while before bed.

I have no muscle weaknesses.

I hope it's just BFS, man.

ALS posts:

Stop trolling.

I had arm and leg twitching starting back in late '18, did EMGs, nerve conduction studies, shit results, slowed down motor speeds but not sensor speeds - which is exactly what happens in ALS, yet here I am I can walk and run faster than ever. You need to see muscular atrophy to confirm.

How do you know it's ALS from that? It's a death sentence.

Suck this D

• JFL
Reactions: ascension
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ascension, Deleted member 25938 and Xangsane
It started off with a leg twitch in a specific part of my knee and now I'm feeling sporadic eyelid, foot, and hand twitches. I also feel a leg cramp, but not on the leg that has the twitchy knee.

I sat cross-legged for a while before bed.

I have no muscle weaknesses.

I hope it's just BFS, man.
It's most likely BFS. Used to have these twitch tings all over my body during corona lockdowns, sedentary lifestyle and chronic stress seemed to trigger it.

Gymcelling helps, stress management and stretching as well. I managed to get rid of 90% of the twitching by simply doing the aforementioned.

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
It's most likely BFS.
That's calmed me down. I also had to watch this video to help calm me down too:

Used to have these twitch tings all over my body during corona lockdowns, sedentary lifestyle and chronic stress seemed to trigger it.
I first had a twitch in my eyelid in December, then it went to my knee, and a particular spot in my knee is the most frequent spot for twitching. I could even see the twitch in my knee. Occasionally I'd get one in my other leg, the side of my foot and hand.
Gymcelling helps, stress management and stretching as well. I managed to get rid of 90% of the twitching by simply doing the aforementioned.
Thanks for the heads up. I have realised I've been a lot more stressed lately but I hate brushing things off due to "anxiety" or "stress".

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and Deleted member 25938
Stand in your room and scream XANGSANE to the top of your lungs

• JFL
Reactions: forevermirin and Xangsane
  • +1
Reactions: klip11

Sounds like als

• So Sad
You’re just getting punished by God for being racist to white people
IMG 20230416 080551
Screenshot 20230416 080606
IMG 20230416 080637

Last edited:
you have hypochondria, I mean i spent like 4 years bashing my face, and the only ever time i "twitched" was out of insecurity like thinking someone is looking at me from the side and thinking i have a weak jawline, then sometimes i would twitch for some reason. Doesnt happen anymore. Also my eyelid used to do that sometimes, like just randomly start twitching and closing. It just stopped.

• So Sad
you have hypochondria, I mean i spent like 4 years bashing my face, and the only ever time i "twitched" was out of insecurity like thinking someone is looking at me from the side and thinking i have a weak jawline, then sometimes i would twitch for some reason. Doesnt happen anymore. Also my eyelid used to do that sometimes, like just randomly start twitching and closing. It just stopped.
I am aware that I have health anxiety and it's been ongoing for a long time. I want to live a long life to see my children and grandchildren grow up with my wife.
The first thing I thought about when my knee started twitching is ALS/MND and it's been going on for about 5 months now... Mostly twitching in my right knee with occasional twitches elsewhere. It gets worse at night and it goes when I flex. Someone told me it could be restless legs syndrome or benign fasciculation syndrome but even though these are harmless illnesses I did hear of 4 men who were diagnosed with BFS but ultimately died of ALS.

I am aware that I have health anxiety and it's been ongoing for a long time. I want to live a long life to see my children and grandchildren grow up with my wife.
The first thing I thought about when my knee started twitching is ALS/MND and it's been going on for about 5 months now... Mostly twitching in my right knee with occasional twitches elsewhere. It gets worse at night and it goes when I flex. Someone told me it could be restless legs syndrome or benign fasciculation syndrome but even though these are harmless illnesses I did hear of 4 men who were diagnosed with BFS but ultimately died of ALS.
I think you need to start discipline, work out and ice bath, or at least do ice baths. It will be very uncomfortable at the beginning but it will flood your brain with repairing hormones.

Its proven to be an effective treatment against dementia. I feel extremely sharp after an ice bath

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and Xangsane
I think you need to start discipline, work out and ice bath, or at least do ice baths. It will be very uncomfortable at the beginning but it will flood your brain with repairing hormones.

Its proven to be an effective treatment against dementia. I feel extremely sharp after an ice bath
I always shower...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back