How can one fix a very short chin but overall long midface?

B

brutal_blackpill

Mistral
I have a very short chin (deep submental fold. My maxilla is also “technically” short. My incisors are not completely shown when I smile. Because of this, my midface is still “long” relative to the rest of my face.

How can this be fixed? My surgeon recommended CW with a 5 mm downgraft along with a vertical and horizontal genioplasty of 2 vertical and 2 something horizontal mm. My mandible would be rotated CW.

I am worried that because my midface is already “long” relative to my chin, it might fuck up my ratios with a downgraft. Is this a legitimate concern?

do you have a very short philtrum? these look like some ratios that don't add up in my head

if your incisors aren't showing and you have a short maxilla, but your midface still looks long it's because your lower third has really bad vertical height

if your incisors aren't showing and you have a short maxilla, but your midface still looks long it's because your lower third has really bad vertical height
Yes I know. So how is this fixed in a way where it doesn’t fuck up my harmony

Yes I know. So how is this fixed in a way where it doesn’t fuck up my harmony
the bimax plan your surgeon suggested sounds good, cw bimax plans usually end up with the best aesthetic outcomes

the bimax plan your surgeon suggested sounds good, cw bimax plans usually end up with the best aesthetic outcomes
But shouldn’t the genio be 5 mm not 2 something mm if the downgraft is 5 mm? Or does rotation somehow add more height below the lower lip too? I’m having trouble understanding this

Nopics

• +1
Reactions: Mr. President
show a pic of your lower third i need to determine if you have an overbite. i have a similar problem

show a pic of your lower third i need to determine if you have an overbite. i have a similar problem
My overbite is not significant. I have lip incompetence though (top lip protrudes more than lower). My mandible in plan wouldn’t be moved forward that much from what I can see

My overbite is not significant. I have lip incompetence though (top lip protrudes more than lower). My mandible in plan wouldn’t be moved forward that much from what I can see
i think you mean over jet, i mean overbite look it up and determine whether you have it.