How come you look different in photos but in mirror you look way better?

D

Deleted member 42123

Bronze
Close or far way my face looks so different

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore
but u pay attention to useless things making you insecure

• +1
Reactions: incelmogger
Lens distortion

• +1
Reactions: incelmogger and GuyFromSingapore
Nah mirror is how you look to others, photos have lense distortion which makes you look worse than you actually do

• +1
Familiarity bias. You're used to seeing yourself reversed so the brain ignores asymmetries and flaws - they stick out when we see ourselves flipped. Other people don't view you with that visual sensation of you being 'flipped'.

Nah mirror is how you look to others, photos have lense distortion which makes you look worse than you actually do
Front and back camera
Front camera I look pretty close to mirror but the back I look actually subhuman making my face fatter my lips thinner

Is it normal to look tolerable in both?!?!

• +1
Familiarity bias. You're used to seeing yourself reversed so the brain ignores asymmetries and flaws - they stick out when we see ourselves flipped. Other people don't view you with that visual sensation of you being 'flipped'.
So do they view the ugly version of you (camera)
Or the normal version of you (mirror)

The difference is to subtle to be meaningful to others. Think about if people you know look especially different in their photos versus in person. Same applies to you.

• +1
There’s legit barely any difference. Guarantee everyone you know looks almost the exact same in selfies and irl, if not better irl.

The real version is the one with the back csmera ur brain is frauding u into thinking u look better than u do with mirror

The real version is the one with the back csmera ur brain is frauding u into thinking u look better than u do with mirror
The ‘real’ version is all of them. Nobody ik looks that different in selfies and regular back cam pics, and they even look better irl. They all show you, and other people don’t notice asymmetries and are used to seeing everything flipped, you’re used to seeing mirror. Not much difference at all. I don’t get why everybody worries about this shit so much

• +1
Reactions: PSLmogger
The ‘real’ version is all of them. Nobody ik looks that different in selfies and regular back cam pics, and they even look better irl. They all show you, and other people don’t notice asymmetries and are used to seeing everything flipped, you’re used to seeing mirror. Not much difference at all. I don’t get why everybody worries about this shit so much
cuz insecurity maybe

• +1
I look good in photos in the sun but in the mirror I look retarded especially with my shitty undertones