How common is "empty nose syndrome"?

C

Chinlet Ascension

Kraken
I'm asking on this forum because I know a lot of you have had/considered rhinoplasty, and this can be a result from functional rhinoplasty (with turbinate reduction).

Empty nose syndrome is when so much of the innards of your nose are removed, you lose the sensation of breathing. This is usually a result from some kind of turbinate reduction surgery. People who experience this complain about feelings of suffocation, dry nose and headaches. This can be a permanent condition, and some people who suffer from it commit suicide.

Related thread:

The question is how common is it. I see some people say 1% get it after the surgery, some people say 12%. That's a huge difference. I think it's on the higher end, but I have no way of really knowing. Any info is welcome.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19766, Moneymaxerr, them streets b cold and 2 others
72A7A939 725D 4DD1 A631 E6850384B400

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Gonthar, Deleted member 21278 and güss
osteotomies>implants>nose jobs>scooping out the innards of your nose lol at this low iq procedure

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and thecel
osteotomies>implants>nose jobs>scooping out the innards of your nose lol at this low iq procedure

osteotomies can cause permanent nerve damage

low IQ copers here think they can stroll into a doctor’s office and a few hours later walk out as GigaChad and go mogging

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24444
This is a functional procedure for people with overgrown turbinates and breathing problems.

• +1
Reactions: stevielake
post this in looksmaxxing section for better responses. just gonna get low-iq responses here

Edit: I see the person in the reddit thread you linked, had the damage done by a maxillofacial surgeon.
Some maxillofacial surgeons who are focused on aesthetics will perform rhinoplasties as well. They need professional qualifications for this. I would personally prefer to go to a dedicated ENT surgeon.

Its not common if you go to a good ENT.
I've had it done and I did not get empty nose syndrome.
How long was your recovery?

I had turbinate reduction and nothing crazy happened.

I had turbinate reduction and nothing crazy happened.
Did you have it with rhinoplasty or on its own? What was your recovery time?

Did you have it with rhinoplasty or on its own? What was your recovery time?
Had it with septiplasty, recovery was a little hard for first week and a half but everything was fine afterwards. You’re going to have to constantly rinse your nose out through out the day with salt water, you won’t be able to sleep on your back for the first days after surgery and the breathing tube for anesthesia will fuck your throat up so it’ll hurt for a few days as well.

Bump

• +1
Reactions: ChiraqJihad