How dangerous actually is finasteride

D

Deleted member 5927

Lurker
What could happen to me potentially?
I still don’t know what to do. Nobody has yet told me doseage info or precautions or things to look out for or the best method to even get this shit. I’m still balding, guys.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6217
Nothing, fin is save

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416 and Deleted member 1862
What could happen to me potentially?
I still don’t know what to do. Nobody has yet told me doseage info or precautions or things to look out for or the best method to even get this shit. I’m still balding, guys.
Tbh your sex drive might suffer a bit at most but it's not too bad. If you can do bloodwork check testosterone free testosterone and estradiol and dht. I will then be able to tell you the likelihood of getting sides

• +1
Reactions: joeveniro, KaczynskiCel and Pumanator
It's like candy just take it bro

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416, Pumanator and Germania
Most important is test and estradiol
Tbh your sex drive might suffer a bit at most but it's not too bad. If you can do bloodwork check testosterone free testosterone and estradiol and dht. I will then be able to tell you the likelihood of getting sides

I'm telling you the last time: You don't have MPB so fin won't do shit except nuking your DHT.

• +1
Reactions: joeveniro, ifyouwannabemylover, pizza and 1 other person
Its 100% safe I powder the pils and mix it with minox to apply topically 0 side effects and thick full hair in return.

• +1
Reactions: gamma and Deleted member 1862
Most important is test and estradiol
My total testosterone was only like 550 but I couldn’t figure out my estradiol. I tried but there simply isn’t any labs near me.

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998
I'm telling you the last time: You don't have MPB so fin won't do shit except nuking your DHT.
"Nuke" is an extreme word. He could get off fin and his hormones will be back to normal.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416, BigBoy and Deleted member 1862
How could I possibly know man? I think it accelerated my male pattern balding. I don’t want to go bald man! It’s on my mind I can hardly focus in class I have so much stress and work to do.

False I tested my DHT before doing topical fin and minox no changes.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416 and Artemide
My total testosterone was only like 550 but I couldn’t figure out my estradiol. I tried but there simply isn’t any labs near me.
Test isn't too bad but not high either. We should know estradiol tbh. Eat food that inhibits estradiol like cabbage or something regularly if you take fin

How could I possibly know man? I think it accelerated my male pattern balding. I don’t want to go bald man! It’s on my mind I can hardly focus in class I have so much stress and work to do.
Accutane can't accelerate MPB as it doesn't even have a hormonal effect.

Would I notice less hair loss right away if it’s working? Doesn’t it nuke DHT like within 24 hours of taking it?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416
There’s many many many reports of accutane accelerating MPB. @Yahyeet says the same thing happened to him.

U can get STD using it at older age from some random hookups

• Love it
Reactions: Pumanator and Deleted member 1862
i can't wait for the fin scaremongerers to go bald in the coming years tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416
The whole point of fin is to decrease DHT jfl.
No its to reduce the enzymes that turns testosterone into dht. The enzymes will still be there but less active. Thus keeping the dht from going up, it might go down a little bit but that will balance out because there will be more testosterone in return.

• +1
Reactions: thecaste
There’s many many many reports of accutane accelerating MPB. @Yahyeet says the same thing happened to him.
It's just mindfuck at this point. It's literally impossible that MPB gets caused by accutane, every professional agrees on this. Before you take a "dangerous" drug like fin, get your potential hairloss checked by a derm and don't inform yourself on fucking .me.

• +1
Reactions: Artemide and PYT
Accutane can cause an autoimmune response making you lose hair. Its not common though for that to happen. The same response happens in some unlucky individuals who take vit a supplements.

It's just mindfuck at this point. It's literally impossible that MPB gets caused by accutane, every professional agrees on this. Before you take a "dangerous" drug like fin, get your potential hairloss checked by a derm and don't inform yourself on fucking .me.
Honestly dude, it might just be that I’m balding and didn’t even notice it. Like my scalp has always been thin, it’s honestly just getting to the point where it’s very thin. I don’t think it’s telogen effluvium because that’s a TON of hairs, and this is just like 50+ all from the top of scalp a day. Telogen effluvium is a lot faster hairloss I believe. My scalp has always been visible since shaving my head, it’s just slowly getting worse.

Accutane can cause an autoimmune response making you lose hair. Its not common though for that to happen. The same response happens in some unlucky individuals who take vit a supplements.
Yes, that's true but fin won't do shit in that case.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator
Yes, that's true but fin won't do shit in that case.
Correct man. But this definitely isn’t an autoimmune issue. Reason being it’s only on the top and there’s no scarring and it doesn’t itch.

Fin is relative save. There may be unlucky side effects like: gyno, ED, depression and lower sex drive. So both the scare mongers and the not scaremongers are telling the truth. If you get ed that could be permanent and depression you will warn others to not take it. If you get 0 side effects you will spam this forum that its a gods gift.

I've been using it for about 3 months, it doesn't even look like I'm taking it, nothing has changed

Correct man. But this definitely isn’t an autoimmune issue. Reason being it’s only on the top and there’s no scarring and it doesn’t itch.
Very uncommon for MPB to happen on the top of the head. Normally it starts with slight recession on the temples.

You think I should give it a go? How long until I notice if something is happening?
I suggest getting the OK from a doctor first before you try it. Your hair loss might be caused by other reasons than MPB.

Jit go get checked by a derm for your scalp, this isn't something you just wing based off opinions on .me

If you're going bald doing nothing will make you go bald, and if you're not going bald and get on finasteride you're tanking your DHT levels and not solving the underlying problem

You can go to a dermatologist for hairloss examination and there can be other reasons then dht to cause hairloss. However its rare and the dermatologist is most likely blue pilled and won't prescribe you anything. Its rare to be auto immune related. Stress related it most likely temporary and your diet needs to be really shitty to cause hairloss. The last option is ringworm and thats also highly unlikely.

• +1
Reactions: thecaste
nah he actually has no clue what he's talking about. saying shit like wisdom teeth are a vestige of evolution nothing he says can be taken seriously

Jit go get checked by a derm for your scalp, this isn't something you just wing based off opinions on .me

If you're going bald doing nothing will make you go bald, and if you're not going bald and get on finasteride you're tanking your DHT levels and not solving the underlying problem
Facts. How does a derm actually diagnose male pattern balding, do you know?

• +1
Reactions: PYT
been on it for like 7-8 months now, only ''side'' i received was increased libido during the first 2-3 weeks of taking it but then returned to normal, but i think my libido in general increased somewhat cuz i fap a lot more now probably because of the converted dht into T
just make sure ur estrogen isnt high cause then you'll get gyno

You can go to a dermatologist for hairloss examination and there can be other reasons then dht to cause hairloss. However its rare and the dermatologist is most likely blue pilled and won't prescribe you anything. Its rare to be auto immune related. Stress related it most likely temporary and your diet needs to be really shitty to cause hairloss. The last option is ringworm and thats also highly unlikely.
At this rate dude it’s either telogen effluvium or male pattern balding THAT I WOULD HAVE HAD GENETICALLY ANYWAY. The reason I say this is my dad starting balding early and is NW7. It’s not autoimmune because it’s just on the top of my scalp not the sides. On top of this my diet is perfectly fine and I excercise regularly. I never eat junk food, ever. And I don’t have ringworm jfl.

I’m balding or TE. Probably balding. Now that I look at pictures from a few months ago it makes sense why my scalp was so visible. It’s because I was slowly balding and it’s just reached a point where I’m really starting to notice it. I genetically have thin density but on top of this I’m diffuse thinning on the top. I definitely have hair loss on the top of my scalp. When I was younger I could never see my scalp this easily.

• +1
been on it for like 7-8 months now, only ''side'' i received was increased libido during the first 2-3 weeks of taking it but then returned to normal, but i think my libido in general increased somewhat cuz i fap a lot more now probably because of the converted dht into T
just make sure ur estrogen isnt high cause then you'll get gyno
Dude I think my estrogen already is high. I already have gyno since age 14. You think I’m fucked?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7044
Facts. How does a derm actually diagnose male pattern balding, do you know?
No clue, don't try and do it yourself bro just suck it up and go.

Odds are you don't have MBP, and it's normal shedding, that or there's another issue that he can diagnose you can start working towards fixing

Dude I think my estrogen already is high. I already have gyno since age 14. You think I’m fucked?
yeah but werent u fat back then? normally fat people have higher estrogen, so if ur healthy weight atm u should be fine

• +1
You dont have mpd so fin wont do anything.

You dont have mpd so fin wont do anything.
I have the genetics for it and my cowlick in the back seems to be getting thinner

Attachments

• A955B989-F2F5-41F8-BCA8-54C09AA61252.jpeg
    A955B989-F2F5-41F8-BCA8-54C09AA61252.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 32
I have the genetics for it and my cowlick in the back seems to be getting thinner
Go to a derm and theyll will use this machine to see if the hair is minitiarizing, which means youre balding, or if its shedding/temporary.

• +1