How Dangerous are LF3 and OBO with a competent surgeon

Octavian_Augustus

Octavian_Augustus

L'État, c'est moi
Hypothetically, if you get a really high quality surgeon to perform these on you what are your realistic odds of complications. I heard somewhere 1 in 20,000 odds of blindness from OBO.

• +1
Reactions: LebenistneHure
Surgery is cope, if you are ugly surgery will not ascend you unless you have one glaring flaw or a deformity. And if you are normie tier you don't need it and it will reduce your facial harmony. Of course if you are genuinely good looking you wouldn't be thinking about it unless you have BDD.
Not the question but okay.

Surgery is cope, if you are ugly surgery will not ascend you unless you have one glaring flaw or a deformity. And if you are normie tier you don't need it and it will reduce your facial harmony. Of course if you are genuinely good looking you wouldn't be thinking about it unless you have BDD.
Also just plain wrong. There are so many examples of people who look a lot better after 1 or more surgeries.

• +1
Reactions: LongForgotten and RealSurgerymax
Nice polluting the thread you mong. Why are you even on this forum, just to put people down?

• +1
Reactions: LongForgotten, RealSurgerymax and Deleted member 24444
Hypothetically, if you get a really high quality surgeon to perform these on you what are your realistic odds of complications. I heard somewhere 1 in 20,000 odds of blindness from OBO.
I'm interested to know too OP, maybe some of the high IQ users have gone through data on this

Nice polluting the thread you mong. Why are you even on this forum, just to put people down?
I have had surgery and I am still ugly. People need to have realistic expectations and not believe it can get you from incel to normie unless in rate cases.

• +1
Reactions: LebenistneHure
I have had surgery and I am still ugly. People need to have realistic expectations and not believe it can get you from incel to normie unless in rate cases.
Well OBO is a surgery that changes your base, which people think is unchangeable, and probably the biggest reason most people still look shit after surgeries. If your harmony is off, meaning your eyes are close-set, or appear close-set because of a long midface/nose, then offsetting the eyes would improve harmony. I know for a fact I would look better with eyes wider set since I've seen my face in some mirrors that distort your face, the mirror basically widened my face/increased my IPD and I looked NORMAL. If I could only get this one surgery without dying/going blind/having permanent vision problems, I wouldn't need any other surgery. But instead I have to consider around 4 major surgeries (rhino, jaw wraparound implants, cheekbone implants, possibly jaw surgery) to basically eradicate any flaws that I have, just to still look sub-par to someone with normal harmony. I basically have to work around the actual problem instead of addressing it, if you understand what I mean, when I could instead just get a single surgery (OBO), and solve the source of my problems.

It's unrealistic from multiple standpoints (my age, finances, risks involved), but doesn't hurt to research.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Averagecel, Octavian_Augustus and sub5inchcel
Well OBO is a surgery that changes your base, which people think is unchangeable, and probably the biggest reason most people still look shit after surgeries. If your harmony is off, meaning your eyes are close-set, or appear close-set because of a long midface/nose, then offsetting the eyes would improve harmony. I know for a fact I would look better with eyes wider set since I've seen my face in some mirrors that distort your face, the mirror basically widened my face/increased my IPD and I looked NORMAL. If I could only get this one surgery without dying/going blind/having permanent vision problems, I wouldn't need any other surgery. But instead I have to consider around 4 major surgeries (rhino, jaw wraparound implants, cheekbone implants, possibly jaw surgery) to basically eradicate any flaws that I have, just to still look sub-par to someone with normal harmony. I basically have to work around the actual problem instead of addressing it, if you understand what I mean, when I could instead just get a single surgery (OBO), and solve the source of my problems.

It's unrealistic from multiple standpoints (my age, finances, risks involved), but doesn't hurt to research.
I don't have these problems. My main flaw is my facial features don't fit together. There's no surgery that can correct this or even a surgeon who can analyze why this is the case and create a natural looking result and a genuine upgrade to my phenotype.

I don't have these problems. My main flaw is my facial features don't fit together. There's no surgery that can correct this or even a surgeon who can analyze why this is the case and create a natural looking result and a genuine upgrade to my phenotype.
Why do you keep going on about this on so many threads? Just stfu and let other people discuss.

I agree fixing harmony is super powerful. Close-set eyes look brutal IMO and really need to be fixed. To your point about looking like shit despite having surgeries, look at Justin Jedlica. The guy had 1,000+ cosmetic surgeries and still looks fucking awful because of his ratios and harmony (including his dog shit IPD and long midface)

I think people on here exaggerate a little bit when they say OBO and LF3 are super deadly etc. Even Eppley and some other surgeons say OBO isn't that dangerous if performed by someone competent. I also can't imagine 3mm of expansion on a normal face being the same ball game as correcting 1cm+ of hyper-telorism on deformed patients.

I think the harder part is finding a good surgeon and the wherewithal to finance the procedure.

Personally I'll take a deeper look into it through consultations in the next few years. I have it as absolute last in my laundry list (My IPD isn't that fucked) as the ultimate step to perfection ( I have a 1.0 MFR but a 0.435 ESR due to a large face. I want a 0.46 ESR)

Realistically we just need to ask a doctor directly during a consultation.
I already asked a surgeon. That's where the 1 in 20,000 came from. Most surgeons won't have caused blindness or performed enough cases for an average so couldn't give you a number based on their experience

• +1
Reactions: Octavian_Augustus
I already asked a surgeon. That's where the 1 in 20,000 came from. Most surgeons won't have caused blindness or performed enough cases for an average so couldn't give you a number based on their experience
Are you doing a full OBO or a modified one? Are you not afraid at all?

Are you doing a full OBO or a modified one? Are you not afraid at all?
I'm not doing anything till I get enough money. I'm slightly concerned about going blind cos it's totally over if I do, but the risk is very small