How did my doctor predict my adult height as a child?

D

Deleted member 6423

Diamond
When I was young my doctor would always tell me i’m going to be 6’3” when i’m fully grown

I’m 6’6” but does someone know what method he used?

I saw one method where u add mother and fathers height, add 5 for boys and subtract for girls then divide by 2 but i doubt he did that

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13754 and Jerzy Bondov
I dont know tbh but i think they look at your height and weight at the age(like say you went to doctor at age 7) and determine your percentile at that age and then using that they make the same adult percentile range you will be roughly in..

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423
I dont know tbh but i think they look at your height and weight at the age(like say you went to doctor at age 7) and determine your percentile at that age and then using that they make the same adult percentile range you will be roughly in..
makes sense

I was hoping he was looking at my wrists and frame and thought I had high prenatal T

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1588
Idk but im 6 foot at 16

• +1
Mirin height bro

• +1
no way it's like that.
He just did something with the height of your parent

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1588
(Father's height + mother's height + 13cm/5in)/2

basically the average of your father's height and male equivalent of your mother's height

• +1
Height at 2 years old *2

(Father's height + mother's height + 13cm/5in)/2

basically the average of your father's height and male equivalent of your mother's height
i don’t know why but my doc would remind me very often about my height as if it could change