how different is bf and BMI?

Deleted member 7901

Deleted member 7901

punch yourself 10000 times, remember wolf's law

my BMI is currently 26.8 but comparing my pics to this I look like something between 20%-25%

BMI is worthless. At 6'3"/191cm 250lb/114kg I have a 31.2 BMI yet have a ripped lean 6 pack.

My bf is around 10-12%

• +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman
Why did you make this thread

Good thread

bmi is only used because its useful for very large populations as they gather that data at every doctors visit

its not that useful of a tool ont he individual level

bf is a better tool but its difficult to measure, best to just estimate visually imo

View attachment 731680
my BMI is currently 26.8 but comparing my pics to this I look like something between 20%-25%
very low iq

bf is the amount of fat you have on your body regardless of bmi
bmi is weight compared to height, so everything depends on your body composition
a man with a bmi of 25 can look everything from a buff bodybuilder to a usual fatty depending on his bf%
the bodybuilder i mentioned might have a bf% of 10, while the fatty with the same bmi might have a bf% of 35

BMI is worthless. At 6'3"/191cm 250lb/114kg I have a 31.2 BMI yet have a ripped lean 6 pack.

My bf is around 10-12%
Mirin you muscle mass already, just looking at your statts you must be seriously packing some muscle mass.

Truth. BMI = cope if you are packing above average muscle mass. AND BMI = cope if you are packing BELOW average muscle mass.

I mean.
Dutch MMA fighter, Rico Verhoeven is
196 cm and weights 118 kg.
That sounds like that statts of a fatty. I calcultaed his BMI ONLINE: they say BMI 31: Sever Obesitas.

Well. the BMI calculation = totally wrong. He is low-ish/healthy body fat, but is packing serious big musscle mass.

POINT BEING: Don't focus to much on weight, BMI and stuff like that.
JUST, measure body fat, and muscle mass.

Here the pic. Of this so called Severe Obesitas BMI FATTY Rico Verhoeven (according to BMI calculation)
rico_verhoeven.jpg

Last edited:

My bf is around 10-12%
I'm 187cm and 48kg xd

Mirin you muscle mass already, just looking at your statts you must be seriously packing some muscle mass.

Truth. BMI = cope if you are packing above average muscle mass. AND BMI = cope if you are packing BELOW average muscle mass.

I mean.
Dutch MMA fighter, Rico Verhoeven is
196 cm and weights 118 kg.
That sounds like that statts of a fatty. I calcultaed his BMI ONLINE: they say BMI 31: Sever Obesitas.

Well. the BMI calculation = totally wrong. He is low-ish/healthy body fat, but is packing serious big musscle mass.

POINT BEING: Don't focus to much on weight, BMI and stuff like that.
JUST, measure body fat, and muscle mass.

Here the pic. Of this so called Severe Obesitas BMI FATTY Rico Verhoeven (according to BMI calculation)
rico_verhoeven.jpg
dafuq is wrong with his midsection? subhuman body tbh