how do i become more articulate?

swagdowdle

swagdowdle

Iron
any threads on the topic of becoming more charismatic articulate and captivating people more while speaking?

I'm thinking of starting doing something speaking related because it pays well but I'm autistic and I always speak very monotonously and my accent gets out of hand when I'm focusing on what I'm saying next instead of how I'm saying it

For context my main language is arabic and english is my third language:feelswhy:, I'm somewhat articulate when I speak my mother language and I can use tonalities and all of that stuff effectively but whenever I speak english I usally focus on what I'm gonna say next instead of how I'm gonna say it.

• +1
Reactions: greycel, emeraldglass and Acion
Read more books pal

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
Read more books pal
I read like 30 books per year and everything I consume is in english

I can speak written english just fine

I can probably improve just by MUUH practicing and doing more but i want a shortcut

• +1
Reactions: greycel and asdvek

I can probably improve just by MUUH practicing and doing more but i want a shortcut
Bro fuck off u got me horny with that girl in ur sig stfu

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999 and ItsOverLawg
It has been an issue with me since I used to stutter a lot while I was younger but then it faded away when i began to practise speaking to the mirror tbh.
The thing is you gotta know what you're speaking because if you don't, nobody's gonna take your ass seriously. Learn to listen to them first, and think twice before you speak. Learn new vocabulary, stop using instagram language IRL.

It has been an issue with me since I used to stutter a lot while I was younger but then it faded away when i began to practise speaking to the mirror tbh.
The thing is you gotta know what you're speaking because if you don't, nobody's gonna take your ass seriously. Learn to listen to them first, and think twice before you speak. Learn new vocabulary, stop using instagram language IRL.
the main problem is that the way i speak is very boring and its not captivating at all

i recorded a few videos of me talking to the camera and i sound like a dork:feelswhy:

the main problem is that the way i speak is very boring and its not captivating at all

i recorded a few videos of me talking to the camera and i sound like a dork:feelswhy:
speak in a deeper tone
watch how gandy speaks
he maintains an eye contact and just talks in a deep voice. But then he's got a huge test to back him up
watch voicemaxxing vids on yt tbh they're legit
probably one of the few looksmaxxing techniques that work

• Love it
Reactions: swagdowdle
speak in a deeper tone
watch how gandy speaks
he maintains an eye contact and just talks in a deep voice. But then he's got a huge test to back him up
watch voicemaxxing vids on yt tbh they're legit
probably one of the few looksmaxxing techniques that work
got it will do
thanks mate

• Love it
Reactions: ItsOverLawg
use piracetam

There's no shortcut to improving your writing. Immerse yourself in books that captivate you with their language, descriptions, and imagery. As you read, you'll encounter unfamiliar words. You can either look them up or try to infer their meaning from context. Over time, your brain will naturally absorb these new words and phrases, even from casual sources like newspapers and articles. As you practice writing and speaking, you'll find yourself using these words and expressions effortlessly, often without even realizing it.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: swagdowdle, emeraldglass, nullandvoid and 1 other person
Though, I've heard dihexa might make you more articulate. I've tried dihexa myself, but I didn't have that experience. It might, if I upped the dose.

• Hmm...
Reactions: nullandvoid
step 1) be raised by prestigious parents

any threads on the topic of becoming more charismatic articulate and captivating people more while speaking?

I'm thinking of starting doing something speaking related because it pays well but I'm autistic and I always speak very monotonously and my accent gets out of hand when I'm focusing on what I'm saying next instead of how I'm saying it

For context my main language is arabic and english is my third language:feelswhy:, I'm somewhat articulate when I speak my mother language and I can use tonalities and all of that stuff effectively but whenever I speak english I usally focus on what I'm gonna say next instead of how I'm gonna say it.
Ya akhi, as an Arabic speaker, eloquence should come naturally to you. To better it, expand your vocabulary, study public speakers and their techniques, and read relevant books. Practice by recording yourself, then review and analyze your performance to identify areas for improvement. Focus on mastering English pronunciation. With enough dedication, you can learn and refine your skills.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: swagdowdle and nullandvoid
Read, read, read. Then try to adopt the style of speaking of the authors. Though, I would argue that being articulate is a falio in this crass and lowbrow day and age. You're surrounded by morons who think ignorance is a virtue.

Ya akhi, as an Arabic speaker, eloquence should come naturally to you. To better it, expand your vocabulary, study public speakers and their techniques, and read relevant books. Practice by recording yourself, then review and analyze your performance to identify areas for improvement. Focus on mastering English pronunciation. With enough dedication, you can learn and refine your skills.
Thanks brother, I think I'll focus on reviewing recordings of myself and improving my pronunciation for now.

Helpful advice:feelsgood:

• Love it
Reactions: emeraldglass

Practice is the only thing that works. Text chat does NOT help, you have to talk to people face to face. If you're autistic it might help to read about social skills though to learn about the stuff that is obvious to non-autists

• +1
Read books out loud and practice your accent by listening to your favourite english creator. Just record yourself and repeat the same stuff over and over until it becomes muscle memory.

• Love it