How do I heal my wrists?

kevxtra

kevxtra

Iron
I want to train forearms, whenever I do, my wrists are in extreme pain, I don’t know what to do because it’s been hurting for months and I don’t know how to get it to feel better, FYI this is at home free weight forearm exercises, should I just train my forearms at the gym with a certain machine?

I want to train forearms, whenever I do, my wrists are in extreme pain, I don’t know what to do because it’s been hurting for months and I don’t know how to get it to feel better, FYI this is at home free weight forearm exercises, should I just train my forearms at the gym with a certain machine?
If your wrists hurt from doing forearm work that involves wrist flexion (wrist curls) it might be from overuse. I used to go too crazy on dumbbell wrist curls and my wrists would be in pain. You also might have weak wrists/tendons which would be fixed by doing other things in the gym, like benching, rowing, deadlifting, etcetera. You can still train forearms without a ton of wrist flexion. Dead hanging from a bar and squeezing hard, reverse curls, hammer curls with fat grips.

I don’t do dumbbell wrist curls anymore, I do cable wrist curls. They feel better because a heavy dumbbell isn’t hanging off my wrist. If it’s been months you should probably see a doctor or physical therapist

If your wrists hurt from doing forearm work that involves wrist flexion (wrist curls) it might be from overuse. I used to go too crazy on dumbbell wrist curls and my wrists would be in pain. You also might have weak wrists/tendons which would be fixed by doing other things in the gym, like benching, rowing, deadlifting, etcetera. You can still train forearms without a ton of wrist flexion. Dead hanging from a bar and squeezing hard, reverse curls, hammer curls with fat grips.

I don’t do dumbbell wrist curls anymore, I do cable wrist curls. They feel better because a heavy dumbbell isn’t hanging off my wrist. If it’s been months you should probably see a doctor or physical therapist
should i try doing cable then, if the pain continues ill go to my doctor

felt mine always are killing me

felt mine always are killing me
What exercises do they hurt on? I don’t really think dumbbell wrist curls like Sam Sulek does are a great idea to do. I can wrist curl a lot of weight, it’s probably not healthy to make your wrist curl heavy weights up from that weakened position where you’re fighting gravity. Reverse EZ bar curls and hammer curls have done great for my forearms, zero wrist flexion involved

What exercises do they hurt on? I don’t really think dumbbell wrist curls like Sam Sulek does are a great idea to do. I can wrist curl a lot of weight, it’s probably not healthy to make your wrist curl heavy weights up from that weakened position where you’re fighting gravity. Reverse EZ bar curls and hammer curls have done great for my forearms, zero wrist flexion involved
wrist curls

do farmers walks for forearms

• +1
Reactions: kevxtra