How do I know if I still need a genio after ccw bimax?

D

Deleted member 26092

Mistral
Or should I just get a genio with the ccw bimax anyway?
What factor is there that still requires me to get a genio?

Generally your chin should go just past your lips. Many surgeons will give you simulations/projections of what you’ll look like after surgery, so use those.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26092
Generally your chin should go just past your lips. Many surgeons will give you simulations/projections of what you’ll look like after surgery, so use those.
Would it be only beneficial for birdcels?
Or also for those who have a bit more forward growth on the chin but are still very recessed?

• Hmm...
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese
Would it be only beneficial for birdcels?
Or also for those who have a bit more forward growth on the chin but are still very recessed?

Genio fixes chin only... if you have a good chin but recessed jaws you don't need it but that is quite rare. If you're a birdcel most likely you will need it. Just tell your surgeon what you want and during your bimax they can do the genio last if needed. Worst case scenario is get the bimax only and once swelling is down go back for a genio as if you need a bimax you usually need other surgeries later to fix other stuff.

• +1
Genio fixes chin only... if you have a good chin but recessed jaws you don't need it but that is quite rare. If you're a birdcel most likely you will need it. Just tell your surgeon what you want and during your bimax they can do the genio last if needed. Worst case scenario is get the bimax only and once swelling is down go back for a genio as if you need a bimax you usually need other surgeries later to fix other stuff.
So I should just get genio anyway if my parent will pay for it in addition to the free bimax.
How do I know for sure it‘s not overkill and that a Bimax is already enough?

So I should just get genio anyway if my parent will pay for it in addition to the free bimax.
How do I know for sure it‘s not overkill and that a Bimax is already enough?

Post pics... tell your surgeon what you want and at the end of the surgery they can decide if you do or don't need a genio. A lot of the times now they will plan out the exact jaw movements, then give you a range for the genio... usually 5-8mm. Keep in mind though as a guy it's better to have a bit too much chin than too less.

• +1