How do you guys remember what you learn/read?

Nims

Nims

👉👈
Title basically, do you guys just read a book and know what you read a few weeks later or do any specific techniques to improve your memorisation?

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate
You have to read it alot or practise it to remember

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and Nims
anki flashcards are good

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, ChristianChad, BigBundaSlapper and 2 others
repetition

• +1
Reactions: Nims
You have to read it alot or practise it to remember
How would you go about memorising parts of a book in a week or smth?
Would you just read a chapter then write a summery and re read that summery or something?

anki flashcards are good
Is there anything in conjunction you do with anki flashcards?

Title basically, do you guys just read a book and know what you read a few weeks later or do any specific techniques to improve your memorisation?
if you cum on what you want to memorise it will be significantly easier due to the increase in dopamine, try it I strongly recommend

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: MSEinvestigator, Daniel Plainview, Deleted member 18776 and 4 others
How would you go about memorising parts of a book in a week or smth?
Would you just read a chapter then write a summery and re read that summery or something?

Is there anything in conjunction you do with anki flashcards?
Reread it maybe try to find assigment about the area . But if you can't memorise it just dont read

• +1
if you cum on what you want to memorise it will be significantly easier due to the increase in dopamine, try it I strongly recommend
Nah dont want to get my books all sticky.

• JFL
Reactions: LooksOrDeath, Deleted member 18776, BigBundaSlapper and 2 others
The vast majority of us suck at memorisation. I highly recommend you to look into art of memory techniques. It requires some practice, but if you learn to apply these techniques you will memory-mog hard.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Nims
The vast majority of us suck at memorisation. I highly recommend you to look into art of memory techniques. It requires some practice, but if you learn to apply these techniques you will memory-mog hard.
I did look into some memory techniques a while back but I have aphantasia (Cant imagine images.) so its basically impossible for me to do all the palace shit maybe Ill try doing some acronyms and what not.

Is this the site?

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah
Reread it maybe try to find assigment about the area . But if you can't memorise it just dont read
I think maybe I'll try condense the book into small bullet lists then its alot easier to re read that.
It would be massively impractical to aim to memorise a book a week just by re reading it as a whole, as it would take too much time.

• +1
Reactions: hebbewem
most med students life is basically anki flash cards

• +1
I did look into some memory techniques a while back but I have aphantasia (Cant imagine images.) so its basically impossible for me to do all the palace shit maybe Ill try doing some acronyms and what not.
You can still do it with your condition! This guy, who's a memory expert himself, considers(or considered, at least) himself to have aphantasia. He has a couple of videos on how to deal with it when learning art of memory. Here's some of them:

Is this the site?
Haven't checked out this particular site before, but it seems legit. Honestly, just start with one source that you find appealing and stick to that one to begin with, as you're learning the basics. There's so much on the internet, so it is easy to get overwhelmed.

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: SubSigma and Nims
Not a single word @Xangsane

• WTF
You can still do it with your condition! This guy, who's a memory expert himself, considers(or considered, at least) himself to have aphantasia. He has a couple of videos on how to deal with it when learning art of memory. Here's some of them:

Haven't checked this particular site out, but it seems legit. Honestly, just start with one source that you find appealing and stick to that one to begin with, as you're learning the basics. There's so much on the internet, so it is easy to get overwhelmed.

What do you suggest to someone with very low iq (79)?
My verbal skills are good, my writing skills are decent but everything else is retard tier

• +1
Reactions: BugeyeBigNoseCurry and Bobelbrah

Alright thx maybe I was learning from a bad source before which might have been why I had difficulty with learnign the memory techniques.
I'm going to watch those 3 videos rn.

Haven't checked out this particular site before, but it seems legit.
Do you have any recommendations for other sites you use?

I might start using:
for their duel n back as I think thats beneficial for memory as well, any experience with that yourself?

I also saw this book maybe I'll read it:

Honestly, just start with one source that you find appealing and stick to that one to begin with, as you're learning the basics. There's so much on the internet, so it is easy to get overwhelmed.
Yeah I think I'll just try and be consistent with something.

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah
Teach that part u learned to imagery kids, works for me

• +1
What do you suggest to someone with very low iq (79)?
Did you get your IQ tested by an actual psychologist? If not, your score is probably very unreliable. I have gotten scores similar to you when I previously did free tests on the web. But when I finally got properly tested my score fell more within the range of 120.
My verbal skills are good, my writing skills are decent but everything else is retard tier
Anyways, even if you actually have a low IQ, I don't think you should care too much about it and instead just start working on the basics of art of memory techniques, and then work it up from there. You will still be way better of knowing this stuff, and it may very well aid you in understanding and improving in other areas that you currently feel you are lacking in. And it could be argued that it may be even more important to do this if one has a lower IQ, as in that case one has less brain power for free than others. Also note that these techniques are based on how the human brains work in general and take advantage of its natural strengths, so don't think it doesn't apply to someone that isn't naturally gifted cognitively. It's even somewhat common for a lot of memory experts to have a background of being slow learners and not being seen as bright, but who are now able to stun with their abilities.

Read a paragraph. If you spaced out, then re-read it over and over until you understand it. Stop yourself from reading every once in a while and ask yourself to sumarize what you read. Comprehension is a lot more important than reading speed.

• +1
Alright thx maybe I was learning from a bad source before which might have been why I had difficulty with learnign the memory techniques.
I'm going to watch those 3 videos rn.
Hope they prove to be useful!
Do you have any recommendations for other sites you use?
I am primarily learning from swedish sources, so unless you're also a swedishcel, they probably aren't available to you.
I might start using:
for their duel n back as I think thats beneficial for memory as well, any experience with that yourself?
Did that stuff about 6 years ago. It is fun, but from what I know, the science doesn't support that it actually improves working memory. But I don't know if that has changed. It probably doesn't hurt to do, but I would focus on memory techniques instead. They will essentially give you tools that will make it appears as if you have a stellar working memory.
Yeah I think I'll just try and be consistent with something.
Yeah, just go for it bro. Again, just start studying sources from some well known memory champion or reputable teacher(such as the one I linked to) and you're good to go for while!

By the way, I actually recommend you actually get a copy of an actual book. These usually have a method that is thought through and they will highly aid you in your efforts to learn this stuff faster.

quizlet or anki mogs
make notes on key things you read and reread them at least 5x at different times

• +1
Reactions: pardocel and Nims
Did you get your IQ tested by an actual psychologist? If not, your score is probably very unreliable. I have gotten scores similar to you when I previously did free tests on the web. But when I finally got properly tested my score fell more within the range of 120.

Anyways, even if you actually have a low IQ, I don't think you should care too much about it and instead just start working on the basics of art of memory techniques, and then work it up from there. You will still be way better of knowing this stuff, and it may very well aid you in understanding and improving in other areas that you currently feel you are lacking in. And it could be argued that it may be even more important to do this if one has a lower IQ, as in that case one has less brain power for free than others. Also note that these techniques are based on how the human brains work in general and take advantage of its natural strengths, so don't think it doesn't apply to someone that isn't naturally gifted cognitively. It's even somewhat common for a lot of memory experts to have a background of being slow learners and not being seen as bright, but who are now able to stun with their abilities.
Yes I took these tests to phsycologist and therapists.
I had 75 and 79, my memory and logical thinking is fucked

Hope they prove to be useful!

I am primarily learning from swedish sources, so unless you're also a swedishcel, they probably aren't available to you.

Did that stuff about 6 years ago. It is fun, but from what I know, the science doesn't support that it actually improves working memory. But I don't know if that has changed. It probably doesn't hurt to do, but I would focus on memory techniques instead. They will essentially give you tools that will make it appears as if you have a stellar working memory.

Yeah, just go for it bro. Again, just start studying sources from some well known memory champion or reputable teacher(such as the one I linked to) and you're good to go for while!

By the way, I actually recommend you actually get a copy of an actual book. These usually have a method that is thought through and they will highly aid you in your efforts to learn this stuff faster.
a fellow memory palace connoisseur i see, mirin. are you into iqmaxxing etc?

Get a kindle and highlight all the important/useful stuff

You can then come back and view it. Even on the PC

• +1
Reactions: Nims and Deleted member 18840
give me tips