How do you lose 10kg quickly?

S

sevensources

Bronze
I used to be super skinny for a long time and then grew to a decent weight for a few years but over the past 5-6 months I've grown 10kg above that weight and I'm reaching fat territory.

I don't know what to do, how do I lose that weight? I don't want to lose too much just like 10kg.

Sleep alot and dont eat much

You don't without water fasting. And that'll cause muscle loss.

If you want to preserve muscle mass and lose body fat at the same time, expect to lose about 2-4kg of fat per month.
That is on a very aggressive 800kcal+ deficit daily with high protein intake.

You didn't put on weight quickly and it wont go away quickly.

If you have excellent self-disclipline you can lose that in about 2½ months with minimal muscle loss by calorie counting.

Utilize a BMR calculator and calculate your daily consumption then eat under it:

(Even if you water fast and eat nothing, losing 10 kilos would take you ~40 days of zero food, and much of the weight lost would be muscle mass)

If you want to lose water weight and feel better temporarily, go to a sauna or use diuretics.
It wont be fat loss but you'll be lighter on the scale and probably a bit leaner in the face for a few hours.
It'll come back once you drink water. This is about 1-2kg.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055, Wallenberg, elzde95 and 4 others
In addition to what @Gandy said, there is also PSMF (Protein Sparing Modified Fasting).

If I had to rate speed of weightloss of common methods, it would be:

1) Water fasting [UNSUSTAINABLE FOR LONG ( less than 2 weeks, even that can be dangerous) ]

2) Protein Sparing Modified Fasting (PSMF) [UNSUSTAINABLE FOR LONG (depending on the category you're in, but typically 2-6 weeks) ]

3) Alternate day fasting with a caloric deficit [Can be sustainable, but, when you reach desired weight, you will need to bump up the calories on feeding days]

4) Aggressive caloric deficit [Sustainable, but you will probably feel like shit later and since it takes longer, you will experience more muscle loss if you're not hitting protein goals/training consistently ]

5) Normal caloric deficit [ Regular IIFYM, best way to do it, small deficit, hit your protein and train hard, best if you want to recomp over like 6 months, if you eat enough protein and train, you wont lose muscle, might even gain it.]

Cut it off with a knife

Hey about aggressive fasting/losing weight. Don't you lose hair if you do that? Factor that in with MPB/Androgenetic Alopecia, it will make things worse than losing weight slowly right?

It's much harder on top of that if you aren't eating a high protein diet and lifting hard. I am personally planning on doing a cut slowly.