How do you tell when you need Bimax?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
Talked to some high iq users here who said that I shouldn't get bimax because I would get chimp lip

But talked to 2 well-reputed surgeons who said that I would benefit from it

Thoughts? and how does one tell that they will get chimp lip from Bimax?

if you need bimax, chimp lip is least of your problems

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: fvolkek, Deleted member 10709, Deleted member 5694 and 4 others
I'm pretty sure chimp lip is the result of asking for too much upper jaw advancement, as long as you know what you need and conservative within reason I would think chimp lip would be unlikely.

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, sub7ita, Deleted member 10709 and 8 others
I don't think you can predict the chimp limp, but I am not reaearched into that topic, so I dont know.

You try to aim for a full ante face with a bimax or a little bit more forward growth. See figure below. If you are close to a full ante perhaps a bimax isn't necessary and money could better be spend somewhere else.

YqukV38

From the surgeons text book:
Screenshot 20210108 175539 YouTube

And one with from faceandlms:
Screenshot 20210108 150106 YouTube

With a bimax you can also combine a ccw rotation. Aim should be an angle around 120 degrees.
Screenshot 20210330 174002 YouTube

If you are somewhere close to 120 degrees jaw angle and a full ante face I wouldn't recommend a bimax

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel, Administrator, lilhorizontal32 and 4 others
who cares what retards here think about your surgery

I am pretty sure the "chimp mouth" effect is caused when the upper maxilla (especially the nasal aperture) and the upper facial third are not projected enough in relation to the lower maxilla (which is the only part of the maxilla that is brought forward with LeFort 1; remember Bimax = Lefort 1 + BSSO).

Look at this pic for example:

Dr-Joel-Defrancq-1534581639067992400_5787.jpg

You can see how in the before pic he had a Class 3 malocclusion due to his entire maxilla being recessed (maxillary hypoplasia), he underwent LeFort 1 to fix his bite, but his upper maxilla was left untouched resulting in the "chimp mouth" look (notice the decrease in his nasolabial angle).

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel, Pumanator and lilhorizontal32
I am pretty sure the "chimp mouth" effect is caused when the upper maxilla (especially the nasal aperture) and the upper facial third are not projected enough in relation to the lower maxilla (which is the only part of the maxilla that is brought forward with LeFort 1; remember Bimax = Lefort 1 + BSSO).

Look at this pic for example:

Dr-Joel-Defrancq-1534581639067992400_5787.jpg

You can see how in the before pic he had a Class 3 malocclusion due to his entire maxilla being recessed (maxillary hypoplasia), he underwent LeFort 1 to fix his bite, but his upper maxilla was left untouched resulting in the "chimp mouth" look (notice the decrease in his nasolabial angle).
makes a lot of sense thanks for that

• +1
Reactions: Cain
I don't think you can predict the chimp limp, but I am not reaearched into that topic, so I dont know.

You try to aim for a full ante face with a bimax or a little bit more forward growth. See figure below. If you are close to a full ante perhaps a bimax isn't necessary and money could better be spend somewhere else.

View attachment 1065968
From the surgeons text book:
View attachment 1065971
And one with from faceandlms:
View attachment 1065973
With a bimax you can also combine a ccw rotation. Aim should be an angle around 120 degrees.
View attachment 1065972

If you are somewhere close to 120 degrees jaw angle and a full ante face I wouldn't recommend a bimax
thanks for that, gonna talk to my surgeon to see what he thinks

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator
I'm pretty sure chimp lip is the result of asking for too much upper jaw advancement, as long as you know what you need and conservative within reason I would think chimp lip would be unlikely.
the problem is I don't know how much I need

who cares what retards here think about your surgery
lots of users here know what they are talking about when it comes to surgeries, especially bimax. I wouldn't ignore what they say

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9699 and Deleted member 4430
lots of users here know what they are talking about when it comes to surgeries, especially bimax. I wouldn't ignore what they say
No they dont jfl its easy for them to talk about what surgeries you should/shouldnt get when they will never actually go through with it themselves

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal
No they dont jfl its easy for them to talk about what surgeries you should/shouldnt get when they will never actually go through with it themselves
I talked to one user who got bimax and he suggested not to get it in my case

Lordmadness, datguyyoulike, and mark stretcher to name a few

Talked to some high iq users here who said that I shouldn't get bimax because I would get chimp lip

Upload pics and we will tell you, just black out your eyes to retain anonymity.

When your side profile is trash

I had the opposite experience. Users say I need it the real life doctors saying no

• So Sad
Reactions: Pumanator
I had the opposite experience. Users say I need it the real life doctors saying no
did you consult aesthetically focussed doctors or nah

did you consult aesthetically focussed doctors or nah
Plastic surgeons told me that I’d be better doing malar and zygote fillers or implants. I’ve had multiple max facs tell me the same regarding appearance.

Plastic surgeons told me that I’d be better doing malar and zygote fillers or implants. I’ve had multiple max facs tell me the same regarding appearance.
Just out of curiosity, can you pm me your face (feel free to crop out your eyes). I want to see at what point real life docs dont suggest bimax