How do you train abs without getting wider waist

appealmaxed

appealmaxed

bruxism saves lives
I hear that ab training makes waist more blocky and wide
How do you avoid this and still get abdominal development?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 55252
I hear that ab training makes waist more blocky and wide
How do you avoid this and still get abdominal development?
Planks and captain chair leg raises

Internet says it's the twisting movements that make your waist thicker...Don't do any oblique shit

Idk if that's true or not but sounds legit enough to me

• +1
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel and appealmaxed
if you mainly work obliques (the side abs) then yes it can get blockier, but focusing on leg raises and crunch movements or isometrics (planks) will just give you that lower ab definition and accentuate that v-taper. also leanmaxxing is key

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
Planks and captain chair leg raises

Internet says it's the twisting movements that make your waist thicker...Don't do any oblique shit

Idk if that's true or not but sounds legit enough to me
if you mainly work obliques (the side abs) then yes it can get blockier, but focusing on leg raises and crunch movements or isometrics (planks) will just give you that lower ab definition and accentuate that v-taper. also leanmaxxing is key
are planks actually effective at ab hypertrophy?

• +1
are planks actually effective at ab hypertrophy?
you need both moving (crunches and leg raises) and isometric (planks) exercises to develop well rounded muscle tone, including abs.
planks greatly help with core endurance, which improves your ab strength which makes it easier for you to build muscle later on, so work on them at the end of ab workout if possible, one or two sets til failure.

you need both moving (crunches and leg raises) and isometric (planks) exercises to develop well rounded muscle tone, including abs.
planks greatly help with core endurance, which improves your ab strength which makes it easier for you to build muscle later on, so work on them at the end of ab workout if possible, one or two sets til failure.
2sets curnches of 10-30 reps till faliure
+
2 sets panos till faliure
enough to build well developed all rounded aesthetic abs?

• +1
You dont u dumb phuck abs is all about bodyfat %

You dont u dumb phuck abs is all about bodyfat
body fat makes them show yes, but training them allows them to portrude even more than not training them

• +1
my routine is
warm up lower abs with hanging leg raises (knee raises if you cant) 1-2 sets
decline crunch (constant tension, short movements) look up the form on youtube definetely before attempting 2-3 sets
plank finisher (or ab roller, same effect) 1-2 sets
do not focus on reps. ever. feel the muscle and push until your abs fall apart like legos. get them gains and remember: no abs without LEANMAXXING. if you need help with that lemme know

• Love it
Reactions: appealmaxed