How does minoxidil vellus hairs work

st_max

st_max

Depression saves lives
I have noticed big gains from topical minoxidil in 2 weeks but the hairs are all blonde/white (i have blonde hair, does the blonde hairs turn into the same colour as my eyebrows?? (eyebrows are brown)

I have noticed big gains from topical minoxidil in 2 weeks but the hairs are all blonde/white (i have blonde hair, does the blonde hairs turn into the same colour as my eyebrows?? (eyebrows are brown)
eventually they may convert into terminal hairs, in an adult male eventually 95% of their hairs become terminal

eventually they may convert into terminal hairs, in an adult male eventually 95% of their hairs become terminal
No, I know that but there has been an increase of vellus hairs in the area where i have been applying, they aren’t the same colour as the rest of my eyebrow though, is this normal

No, I know that but there has been an increase of vellus hairs in the area where i have been applying, they aren’t the same colour as the rest of my eyebrow though, is this normal
yes a vellus hair is always unmelanated and far thinner than terminal hairs

hairs that are affected by androgens such as DHT dont always become terminal, they just stay vellus

hairs that are affected by androgens such as DHT dont always become terminal, they just stay vellus
so the hairs in eyebrows from minoxidil will not fall out once you cease minoxidil use then?

so the hairs in eyebrows from minoxidil will not fall out once you cease minoxidil use then?
yes thats why people who use minoxidil for beards keep the beard after stopping minox