How does one tap into the IT sector ?

<6PSLcel

<6PSLcel

Devilish
im interested in pursuing a career in the IT sector but idk where to start, ideally I would like advice from someone who lives in the UK.

what courses can I do that will let me land an entry level job from which I can the later progress ?
Do you need to go to uni to do this ?
What tech/skills are best to learn beforehand as well ?

• +1
Reactions: sub5c3l
Nooo you didn't read my thread I just made

go to college/uni

and study what exactly ?
IT, dk how it works in UK but you can't get work if you don't have a degree I think
there are several degrees tied to IT where I live so maybe go to an information evening or something

what's that ?
a day where you can go and ask questions abt degrees, ...
they organise it themselves.
I don't know the english word but it's an 'opendeurdag' here

• Hmm...
Reactions: <6PSLcel
@Pakicel let this nigga know how brutal it is

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel
im interested in pursuing a career in the IT sector but idk where to start, ideally I would like advice from someone who lives in the UK.

what courses can I do that will let me land an entry level job from which I can the later progress ?
Do you need to go to uni to do this ?
What tech/skills are best to learn beforehand as well ?

• JFL
Reactions: darkromantica and <6PSLcel
tldr: it's brutal out there buddy boyo, especially for new starters who don't have a degree
this is why im also on the fence regarding whether i should resit my alevels and go to a good uni for something

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel and JohnDoe
this is why im also on the fence regarding whether i should resit my alevels and go to a good uni for something
yh go for it, get the degree + experience otherwise it's over

• Hmm...
Uni is overrated unless it’s Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL etc. Even then, I keep seeing grads from these elite unis who are still povertycels in spite of having a few years of experience.

As for getting a tech job, the market is insanely brutal. Most people applying for entry-level roles have 3-4 YOE, with many being ex-FAANG or similar. Most grads who manage to break in start on min wage outside London. It seems like more and more UKcels are slipping into povertyceldom.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: poopoohead, <6PSLcel and JohnDoe
Uni is overrated unless it’s Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL etc. Even then, I keep seeing grads from these elite unis who are still povertycels in spite of having a few years of experience.

As for getting a tech job, the market is insanely brutal. Most people applying for entry-level roles have 3-4 YOE, with many being ex-FAANG or similar. Most grads who manage to break in start on min wage outside London. It seems like more and more UKcels are slipping into povertyceldom.
jesus, idk what other field to get into then that isnt hyper oversaturated

• +1
jesus, idk what other field to get into then that isnt hyper oversaturated
Yeah. Tech used to have a low barrier to entry but not anymore. Accounting etc are less saturated but like other UKcels, they are living paycheck to paycheck and struggle to afford heating in the winter.

If you weren’t born a trust fund richcel, it’s over. I would advise you to keep the rope ready in that case.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead and <6PSLcel
Yeah. Tech used to have a low barrier to entry but not anymore. Accounting etc are less saturated but like other UKcels, they are living paycheck to paycheck and struggle to afford heating in the winter.

If you weren’t born a trust fund richcel, it’s over. I would advise you to keep the rope ready in that case.
fuck man idk wtf do with my life then

• +1
fuck man idk wtf do with my life then
Bro you listening to a guy who's from Pakistan lmao. He's propably a refugee in UK and you taking advice from him lmao.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Pakicel and poopoohead
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Pakicel and poopoohead
get a degree in computer science or maths

• +1
Bro you listening to a guy who's from Pakistan lmao. He's propably a refugee in UK and you taking advice from him lmao.
Lol. I used to live in curryland and I was born in the UK.

But I guess you won’t believe until you graduate uni and are living paycheck to paycheck with no hope of escaping.

• +1
Lol. I used to live in curryland and I was born in the UK.

But I guess you won’t believe until you graduate uni and are living paycheck to paycheck with no hope of escaping.
Yeah cuz UK is full of middle east gypsies like you that's why the economy is fucked. Go back to your curryland and become a barber

• +1
Yeah cuz UK is full of middle east gypsies like you that's why the economy is fucked. Go back to your curryland and become a barber
Well. I’m not a gigapovertycel anymore. I studied CS and work in tech. And I could never be a barber.

And curryland is a shithole. I’m never going back unless it’s to force some curry Stacy to marry me,

• +1
CS, IT, IS, Cybersecurity any one of those degrees is good
ye out of all the IT related fields I hear that cybersec is least likely to get cucked, idk man i really just dont wanna end up in 60k worth of debt for no reason just to end up working the same job i do rn anyways

Get into cs in highscholl then college then spend times of hackforums get into cyber crime

• JFL