How gym totally changed my mind

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
So those of you who know me already know that I suffered from a nice case of borderline anorexia from the age of 16-18. I hated it and I wanted to do something about it. I started training just doing pull ups, dips, push ups etc. (summer 2018) and a year later went to the gym. At first I was bottom 5% in strength. That was really disappointing. I was either the weakest one, or the second weakest. I thought that this is just how it is and that I will be like this forever. Naive me.

A couple of days ago I went to the gym, picked up two dumbbells each weighing 55 pounds, sat my ass and did full, clean 10 reps of overhead press. I didn’t think it was anything spectacular until I got up and saw the whole gym staring at me. At that point I knew that I was probably doing something right.

TLDR: never give up.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Bewusst, Deleted member 5830, IdiAmin and 1 other person
hodgetwins me

• JFL
Reactions: .*my*.
  • +1
Reactions: Ocelot
Imagine being anorexic. Just eat lmao

• +1
not as impressive as @juliencentral boxing ability

• JFL
Reactions: ManzareK, Mouthbreath, eduardkoopman and 1 other person
Imagine being anorexic. Just eat lmao
You would never understand a genetically small appetite and small stomach. It’s like telling a 600 pound person to stop eating. Yes it will certainly benefit them, but they will still be fat because their genetics are trash.

So those of you who know me already know that I suffered from a nice case of borderline anorexia from the age of 16-18. I hated it and I wanted to do something about it. I started training just doing pull ups, dips, push ups etc. (summer 2018) and a year later went to the gym. At first I was bottom 5% in strength. That was really disappointing. I was either the weakest one, or the second weakest. I thought that this is just how it is and that I will be like this forever. Naive me.

A couple of days ago I went to the gym, picked up two dumbbells each weighing 55 pounds, sat my ass and did full, clean 10 reps of overhead press. I didn’t think it was anything spectacular until I got up and saw the whole gym staring at me. At that point I knew that I was probably doing something right.

TLDR: never give up.
Good shit. Do overhead press standing on your feet though. When you have the option between sitting and standing during an exercise, always pick standing

• +1
> picked up two dumbbells each weighing 55 pounds
> saw the whole gym staring at me
Laughter Reaction GIF by MOODMAN