How hard is it build a workstation pc?

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Gang
Title. I wanted to buy a PC for some machine learning, and cloud computing these are system intensive tasks so the high end PCs that I want are pretty expensive and my friend told I could save a lot of money if I built my own pc from scratch and bought used parts. I currently use a 3 year old laptop with a Nvidia 1660Ti and a I7 11700k and all the applications run really slow. My laptop hangs a lot when I try to run them. I want something that can smoothly run all the applications while being relatively cheap. Like $1200-1500 maybe a little more. I already have a decent monitor and keyboard. I'm not a hardcore gamer but I would like to do some gaming to pass some time What do you guys think. Is it hard to build your own pc also any parts that you recommend.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Chadeep, twinkceluwu, NZb6Air and 7 others
@YugoDutch @PLA1092 @wishIwasSalludon

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Chadeep, YugoDutch and StarvedEpi
Title. I wanted to buy a PC for some machine learning, and cloud computing these are system intensive tasks so the high end PCs that I want are pretty expensive and my friend told I could save a lot of money if I built my own pc from scratch and bought used parts. I currently use a 3 year old laptop with a Nvidia 1660Ti and a I7 11700k and all the applications run really slow. My laptop hangs a lot when I try to run them. I want something that can smoothly run all the applications while being relatively cheap. Like $1200-1500 maybe a little more. I already have a decent monitor and keyboard. I'm not a hardcore gamer but I would like to do some gaming to pass some time What do you guys think. Is it hard to build your own pc also any parts that you recommend.

Built my own $4k PC for the first time 2 years ago, so when niggas have panic attacks over screwing things up, I get it.

Everyone's afraid of breaking some connector accidentally and dumping 100s down the drain.

Thing is, it's hard to break components because they fit like jigsaw pieces: if it doesn't fit, you don't put it in. If something requires force, stop, google it and see what other people say. They'll tell you, for an example "Yeah you need to push the ram sticks in a bit hard until the locks click."

The most difficult part is not the building, but researching the parts for price/performance and cable management.

Time and patience is all you need. You are a CS student, so I'm sure self learning in nothing new to you.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Chintuck22, Chadeep, Jason Voorhees and 1 other person
its easy nigga i did it at 12

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and Jason Voorhees
Built my own $4k PC for the first time 2 years ago, so when niggas have panic attacks over screwing things up, I get it.

Everyone's afraid of breaking some connector accidentally and dumping 100s down the drain.

Thing is, it's hard to break components because they fit like jigsaw pieces: if it doesn't fit, you don't put it in. If something requires force, stop, google it and see what other people say. They'll tell you, for an example "Yeah you need to push the ram sticks in a bit hard until the locks click."

The most difficult part is not the building, but researching the parts for price/performance and cable management.

Time and patience is all you need. You are a CS student, so I'm sure self learning in nothing new to you.

it’s not hard at all, you just figure out where all the parts connect with each other

so everything pretty much connects to the motherboard

but the cpu needs to be compatible with the motherboard so when researching parts make sure they’re all compatible

you can use buildapc.com to test out compatibility

I thought you knew about computers nigga

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and Jason Voorhees
Thx bhai. I am not spending 4k on a PC tho. Ain't no damn way I'm spending the cost of a car on a PC.

it’s not hard at all, you just figure out where all the parts connect with each other

so everything pretty much connects to the motherboard

but the cpu needs to be compatible with the motherboard so when researching parts make sure they’re all compatible

you can use buildapc.com to test out compatibility

I thought you knew about computers nigga
Any recommendations? I know about parts and stuff but I don't know how to build it.

Just watch vids on how to build one, it’s pretty intuitive and a lot of the parts are more durable than you think so you’d have to be using a lot of force to break shit

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
easy af, jsut pm me, i got third reich pc

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: truthhurts, Chadeep and Jason Voorhees
I've done it twice. Even being careful, it doesn't take more than two hours.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, Jason Voorhees and Schizotypalcel
sounds hard but fun to do. good luck :)

• +1
DNR

PC for gaming or ER

• +1
What's your PSL?

PC-building is chad only
henry-cavill-pc-case.jpg

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: truthhurts and Jason Voorhees
I suggest to get it built from here. My friend bought they are awesome they do stress tests and everything before shipping you the pc so that you get the best. Building yourself first time is risky.
is shipping costly?

• +1
It's a piece of piss I done it when I was 15 just have a big open table with good lighting

• +1
Also Bro go for 12th Gen Intel. 13th and 14th gen have High Voltage Issues and frying up themselves. Otherwise if you have no problem with specific requirement go for Amd. They are based in Hyderabad so same day delivery is possible.

• Woah
Built in 2021

i7-10700k
RTX 2070 Super
32GB RAM DDR4
1 TB SSD

• +1