How I fixed my dry scalp and how you could do it

xaxanibber

xaxanibber

Silver
Welcome to my first ever guide on this forum.

Ok, to start off, it's important to differentiate between dry scalp and dandruff. An example of dry scalp:
an example of dandruff:

Or even this:

Depending on the severity of the case.

Ok, now that we've differentiated between the two. If you have dandruff, I would personally just use some sort of anti-dandruff shampoo (make sure it's without sulfates, parabens, phthalates, triclosan, or synthetic fragrances, as these could result in an even more damaged scalp).

Enough of that.

Now for the dry scalp

The most important thing is that you should not be washing your hair in warm water. In fact, you should wash it in cold water. The reason for this is that warm water will irritate your scalp. Just like certain shampoos, hot water could also strip your scalp of its natural oils. On the other hand, cold water helps to maintain these natural oils, keeping the scalp hydrated and less prone to flakiness. Cold water can stimulate blood circulation in the scalp. Better blood flow = more nutrients and oxygen to your hair follicles, also promoting healthier hair growth.

f you use shampoo (which I do not recommend), you should NEVER use it more than 1-2 times a week. As we already know, there are several things that will strip your natural oils. Frequent shampooing removes the natural oils (sebum) produced by the scalp. Obviously, these oils are essential for keeping the scalp and hair moisturized. Without them, your hair will most likely become dry and flaky. Shampoo is also known to disrupt pH balance, some more than others, depending on the formulation. The scalp already has a natural pH balance that helps maintain its overall health (which is one of the 917368 reasons why I despise shampoo). Over-washing can easily disrupt this balance, leading to dryness, irritation, and potential scalp issues like dandruff. By over-using shampoo, you can create a paradox: over-using shampoo will lead to overproduction of oil as the scalp attempts to compensate for the loss of natural oils. This can very easily create a cycle of washing more frequently, further drying out the scalp in the long run. Never make this mistake.

When you are showering, you should give yourself a scalp massage. No, not a Chinese happy-ending type of massage. The type of massage where you form your fingers kind of like this
just make sure you use your fingertips and not your fingernails, as it could further irritate the scalp. You should go in a straight motion about 5 cm each way from the starting point. Do this around your whole head a few times and you're done. Obviously, this will increase blood circulation, and as I've already mentioned, this is very good for your scalp. "Better blood flow = more nutrients and oxygen to your hair follicles, also promoting healthier hair growth." Doing this massage will also exfoliate the scalp, removing dead skin cells and flakes. This helps to prevent buildup that can contribute to dryness and irritation.

Thank you for reading bro! Really hope this helps as It's helped me so much in just the course of a few weeks.

Attachments

• 1722202200956.png
    1722202200956.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: boss8055 and Litekiller11

Last edited:
Damn that yellow stuff looks really nightmarish

I buzzed my hair , put glycolic acid on my scalp(exfoliate), moisturised my hair,began oiling my hair , used shampoo and conditioner for my hair type , and no hot showers
That's all you need
Nice thread tho I've read it all

• +1
Reactions: xaxanibber
dnr i wash my hair water only every 1-2 weeks,its ideal and greasy hair mogs and is more healthy,imagine putting chemicals in your hair

I buzzed my hair , put glycolic acid on my scalp(exfoliate), moisturised my hair,began oiling my hair , used shampoo and conditioner for my hair type , and no hot showers
That's all you need
Nice thread tho I've read it all
Thanks for your appreciation brother, love it. Buzzing hair is a sacrifice that is 100% worth it

• Love it
Reactions: Litekiller11
Thanks for your appreciation brother, love it. Buzzing hair is a sacrifice that is 100% worth it
It was already damaged :feelsbadman: , I've had to,
You can't have a good looking healthy hair if you're scalp is not healthy

• +1
Reactions: xaxanibber
Watching this get views, but no replies nor reps makes me hate my life even more what the fuck

I'm bumping this one last time before I bust my balls off and take a power nap

The only way to heal any disease is by fixing the root cause: The Diet

Carnivore or death

• JFL
Reactions: greycel