HOW I SOFTMAXXED MY EYE AREA - how i improved + what i recommend

pl@yboi

pl@yboi

Iron
This is just gonna be a small thread detailing what I'm currently using in my routine for my eyes, as well as what I've used in the past. I'll go over what I do and don't recommend based on my personal experience.

Went from this ~ 1.5 years ago (my fake ID picture jfl)...
IMG E8557   Copy

To this today:
IMG E8553

However as you can tell, major frauding is involved.

Here is what I look like at the same angle
Screenshot 2024 10 01 174939

No chad mogger eyes of course :feelscry:, but major improvements over the past couple years. As you can tell in the before picture, the left side of my face (camera flips it) has lighter and less dense hairs than the right. Over the past year, I have been asked if I wear mascara (even when my lashes aren't curled), and even been accused of being on testostorone (by dumb foids) because I look more masculine. Here's everything I've tried to improve my eyes.

What I tried and tested

1. Tint w/ mascara: 1/10 for brows and 2/10 for lashes

- I'm kind of a brokie, so instead of ordering an eyebrow tint kit, I just used my sister's mascara. I needed a quick fix not only for my blonde eyebrow, but my blonde, invisible eyelashes. I thought why not. I applied mascara on my left and right eyelashes, trying to put more on my left, but not make it too unnatural. Also put quite a bit on my eyebrows.

IMG E8566

- It did make them darker and appear thicker, but also looked kinda gay. My eyelashes were more visible, but my eyebrow hairs clumped together and it looked unnatural. It would sometimes flake during the day if I touched them or sweat at all. Thought it looked better than before at the time so I kept it for couple months. However, two or three people called me out for "dying" them, kinda embarrassing.

2. Rosemary oil: 3/10
- I after I was fed up with the mascara, I wanted to grow my actual hairs and not just darken them. I decided to buy rosemary oil off amazon and give it a try. I saw a slight eyebrow density boost after about a month that wouldn't be very noticeable by anyone. On it's own, not very effective.

3. Topical Minoxidil: 9/10
- This shit combined with rosemary oil made my eyebrows a lot thicker after only around two months of use. Rosemary oil definetly is not essential to this at all, as I've actually stopped using it, which I'll tell you why later. I also used it on my lashes, but very, very inconsistently. My lashes still grew some, I think due to the minox dripping a tiny bit from my brows to my eyes.

IMG E8572

This pic is around 3 months of using it on my brows twice a day most days (I got lazy sometimes and only did none or one application sometimes).

4. Eyebrow/eyelash dye: 11/10
-This single-handedly ascended my eye area to another level. Because my eyebrows are naturally different colors, making them more symmetrical was huge. It also improved my perceived eyebrow density drastically. Same thing goes for light lashes, this made my eyes even more symmetrical, although lashes were still noticeably thinner on the left. To apply it, flollow the intructions on the box, but also put vaseline around your eyes with a q-tip so other areas wont be dyed. Make 100% sure that it doesn't touch your lashes or part of them will stay lighter. I have no idea why I didn't try this earlier.

IMG E8574

This pic was after ~ 6 months on minoxidil + dye

5. Eyelash curler: 7/10 w/ short eyelashes and 10/10 with long
-I also used an eyelash curler in the pic above and really helps show off the eyelashes. The pairing with eyelash dye enhances it further because the tips are darker and more prominent. As long as you have visable lower lashes, no one will noticed that they're curled (not even girls). Even better to pair with bimatoprost, which I'll cover in sec. It increase perceived eyelash length drastically and can cover up some UEE. Just blow dry the curler, curl ur lashes, and boom.

6. Topical Minoxidil taken orally: 9/10
-For the past several months I've been drinking topical minox. I originally took it bc I'm lowkey receding and decided to pair it with topical minox on my temples. However, this works insanely well for eyebrows and potentially eyelashes (idk bc I started taking bimatoprost around the same time), as well as everywhere else you grow hair (asshole is currently cooked). I put water in mouth, three drops of minox, and swallow. This works wonders for even more eyebrow density on top of putting it on eyebrows topically. My eyebrows started becoming TOO dense and I had to cut back to topical minox once a day and cut out rosemary oil completely.

7. Bimatoprost (latisee): 11/10
-This may have doubled my eyelash density AND length. Some people say that it makes their eye color darker as a result, but I already have shitty T15 eyes anyways :feelsrope:, so haven't noticed ANY color change. I honestly recommend it, even with A10 eyes because it's going to bring out the color so much more. To apply it, I would recommend watching this video and skipping to watch 4:15-5:15. If you're too lazy, you pretty much just buy a very small eyeliner brush, put a drop in the lid, and apply. For me, one drop lasts around 3 days. Apply nightly. I also got from OTC store here.

8. Eye muscles: -1/10
-There was a month or so a while back where I religiously exercised my orbicularus oculi muscles (the ones around your eye sockets) and occasionally massaged my face in order to try to get deeper set eyes. I noticed ZERO difference in a month, and over-training can lead to more wrinkles. The only thing I found that may have helped was to stop using my frontalis muscle. Might've caused my brows to come down slightly

9. Ice hooding/eyelid pulling: 2/10?
-I submerged my face in a large bowl of ice water about 90% of mornings for around two months. I don't think there was much difference, if any, in hooding. The ice did make my face look a tiny bit better in the morning tho, but it was hell putting myself thru that. I stopped before any real difference could be made. Also, submerging in ice water can cause damage to the skin. With eyelid pulling, I did it maybe once a week for a few months with no results, so not enough for me to say if it works or not.

10. Caffeine cream for undereyes: 1/10
-I bought a shitty, cheap, tinted undereye cream with caffeine in it and it honestly made my eye area worse by making my bags darker if I washed off the tint. Sometimes it also gave me small red spots under my eyes. If it wasn't tinted, it would be 0/10.

11. Concealer for undereyes: 5/10
-I switched to just concealer under my eyes instead of the cream, and honestly it works pretty well. I use a brand called Stryx if you wanna check it out. All you have to do is dab your dark circles a few times and then repeatedly touch your undereyes with your finger to even it out. However, I comes off fairly easily and if you put too much on, it becomes noticeable.

before tiny bit of concealer
IMG E8578

vs. after
IMG E8579

Could defiantly use more, but mine doesn't suit my skin tone perfectly, I got a shade or two too dark.
Also yes, I know my undereyes are shit, I will be trying something to improve them a bit.

12. Derma rolling: Idk
-I only derma roll my brows maybe once a month if I remember, so I can't give it any credit for increasing my density. It might work tho.

Bonesmash Browridge: 2/10?
-I only did it for a little under a month, lightly hitting each side for 3 minutes with my pomade jar. A little bit of swelling, but no permanent results. Just didn't do it for long enough.

What I might try in the future

Eyebrow styling
-Need to do this ASAP. My brows are thick asf and I need to find a style that fits me. If anyone has tips on this lmk.

PDO threads for extra undereye support
-The one thing that needs to improve the most in my eyes are my undereyes. I'm boneless down there :feelstastyman:. @Orc thread abt them looks convincing enough to give them a shot.

Sclera whitening drops
-Easy softmax that can brighten the eye area. Worth seeing if they help my eyes pop more.

Eye lightening drops or contacts?
-Have yet to research eye lightening drops to see if they really work but anything to lighten my shit brown eyes. Also contacts could help quite a bit, but everyone I know would call me out so I don't think it'll be worth it.

Infraorbital rim implants?
Again, I haven't researched this too much, but it seems relatively cheap and less invasive than other surgeries. My undereyes are boneless.

Notes:
-I believe my eyes look more hooded now is because of a combonation of more eyebrow hairs, long curled lashes, and aging. I am NOT squinting
-Also, if you guys have another other eyemax methods lmk and I might try them.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: retardpill, ElySioNs, BoredPrince and 26 others
Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

• +1
Reactions: lightskincell, BoredPrince, Outerz14 and 2 others
good thread

• +1
Reactions: lightskincell, NVM_Ignacio and pl@yboi
great thread & nice ascension. mirin hard
any specific eyebrow dye or recommendations you could give me?
looking to make mine darker

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14 and pl@yboi
Great results, how did you change the tilt of your eyebrows?

• +1
great thread & nice ascension. mirin hard
any specific eyebrow dye or recommendations you could give me?
looking to make mine darker
IMG 8582

got this a while back on amazon but i’m sure any dye will work. i’m gonna try beard dye instead after this runs out

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14, NZb6Air and yyy
Great results, how did you change the tilt of your eyebrows?
i think them being thicker makes them look more tilted. as well as me consciously not using my frontalis muscles

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14 and alex445
Step 1, wear makeup
Step 2, take the after photo with flash and more lens distortion while squinting

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14
good thread bhai, for latisse, did you apply any on your lower lashes?

• +1
good thread bhai, for latisse, did you apply any on your lower lashes?
nope, just upper but it’ll still get some on the lower lashes. Both lash lines have grown like crazy.

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14 and K2VITAMIN
Nice thread, but with Latisse, were you not worried about the potential orbital fat loss? It's a commonly reported side effect and concern.

• +1
Reactions: EzikoIsHere, Outerz14, lucifer6969 and 1 other person
Nice thread, but with Latisse, were you not worried about the potential orbital fat loss? It's a commonly reported side effect and concern.
when i was researching side effects, it didn’t seem like a common one people delt with, and I personally haven’t seen any difference. I think using a very small amount of it on an eyeliner brush prevents that. people who use a whole drop and a big brush cover their whole eyelid, when you just need a tiny bit on the lash line.

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14 and Alexanderr
minox dripping a tiny bit from my brows to my eyes.
because it works systemic, wdym dripping nigga :lul:
-Easy softmax that can brighten the eye area. Worth seeing if they help my eyes pop more.
lumify isn't spammable

so yea basically thanks for reporting, people are more susceptible to anecdotal stuff like this and this is solid

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14, lucifer6969 and pl@yboi
when i was researching side effects, it didn’t seem like a common one people delt with, and I personally haven’t seen any difference. I think using a very small amount of it on an eyeliner brush prevents that. people who use a whole drop and a big brush cover their whole eyelid, when you just need a tiny bit on the lash line.
Did the topical minoxidil not make your eyelashes grow, then? For many it seems to have this effect as well.

• +1
impressive

BUT

i cannot endorse using topical minoxidil orally

and: when youre using this many products simultaneously you can hardly pinpoint which product did what amount of work. Chances are it was all due to minox and latisse.

• +1
Reactions: EzikoIsHere, Outerz14 and pl@yboi
because it works systemic, wdym dripping nigga :lul:

lumify isn't spammable

so yea basically thanks for reporting, people are more susceptible to anecdotal stuff like this and this is solid
wdym lumify isnt spammable

• +1
Did the topical minoxidil not make your eyelashes grow, then? For many it seems to have this effect as well.
definitely could have, but i was taking latisse at the same time so i couldn’t tell you for sure

• +1
ima dye first and maybe ill get minox too

• +1
i cannot endorse using topical minoxidil orally
doesn’t seem to affect my heart rate or have any other side affects i’m aware of.
and: when youre using this many products simultaneously you can hardly pinpoint which product did what amount of work. Chances are it was all due to minox and latisse.
also i started off with the products I mentioned first and then started to add to my routine. I agree, a lot of it is minox + latisse, which is why they are 9/10 and 11/10.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Outerz14 and GreekGenes
What brand of topical minoxidil did you use? Im looking to eyebrow maxx as well

• +1
Reactions: pl@yboi and Outerz14
This is just gonna be a small thread detailing what I'm currently using in my routine for my eyes, as well as what I've used in the past. I'll go over what I do and don't recommend based on my personal experience.

View attachment 3212326

To this today:
View attachment 3212328

View attachment 3212332

No chad mogger eyes of course :feelscry:, but major improvements over the past couple years. As you can tell in the before picture, the left side of my face (camera flips it) has lighter and less dense hairs than the right. Over the past year, I have been asked if I wear mascara (even when my lashes aren't curled), and even been accused of being on testostorone (by dumb foids) because I look more masculine. Here's everything I've tried to improve my eyes.

What I tried and tested

- I'm kind of a brokie, so instead of ordering an eyebrow tint kit, I just used my sister's mascara. I needed a quick fix not only for my blonde eyebrow, but my blonde, invisible eyelashes. I thought why not. I applied mascara on my left and right eyelashes, trying to put more on my left, but not make it too unnatural. Also put quite a bit on my eyebrows.

View attachment 3212346

- It did make them darker and appear thicker, but also looked kinda gay. My eyelashes were more visible, but my eyebrow hairs clumped together and it looked unnatural. It would sometimes flake during the day if I touched them or sweat at all. Thought it looked better than before at the time so I kept it for couple months. However, two or three people called me out for "dying" them, kinda embarrassing.

- I after I was fed up with the mascara, I wanted to grow my actual hairs and not just darken them. I decided to buy rosemary oil off amazon and give it a try. I saw a slight eyebrow density boost after about a month that wouldn't be very noticeable by anyone. On it's own, not very effective.

- This shit combined with rosemary oil made my eyebrows a lot thicker after only around two months of use. Rosemary oil definetly is not essential to this at all, as I've actually stopped using it, which I'll tell you why later. I also used it on my lashes, but very, very inconsistently. My lashes still grew some, I think due to the minox dripping a tiny bit from my brows to my eyes.

View attachment 3212353
This pic is around 3 months of using it on my brows twice a day most days (I got lazy sometimes and only did none or one application sometimes).

-This single-handedly ascended my eye area to another level. Because my eyebrows are naturally different colors, making them more symmetrical was huge. It also improved my perceived eyebrow density drastically. Same thing goes for light lashes, this made my eyes even more symmetrical, although lashes were still noticeably thinner on the left. To apply it, flollow the intructions on the box, but also put vaseline around your eyes with a q-tip so other areas wont be dyed. Make 100% sure that it doesn't touch your lashes or part of them will stay lighter. I have no idea why I didn't try this earlier.

View attachment 3212354

-I also used an eyelash curler in the pic above and really helps show off the eyelashes. The pairing with eyelash dye enhances it further because the tips are darker and more prominent. As long as you have visable lower lashes, no one will noticed that they're curled (not even girls). Even better to pair with bimatoprost, which I'll cover in sec. It increase perceived eyelash length drastically and can cover up some UEE. Just blow dry the curler, curl ur lashes, and boom.

-For the past several months I've been drinking topical minox. I originally took it bc I'm lowkey receding and decided to pair it with topical minox on my temples. However, this works insanely well for eyebrows and potentially eyelashes (idk bc I started taking bimatoprost around the same time), as well as everywhere else you grow hair (asshole is currently cooked). I put water in mouth, three drops of minox, and swallow. This works wonders for even more eyebrow density on top of putting it on eyebrows topically. My eyebrows started becoming TOO dense and I had to cut back to topical minox once a day and cut out rosemary oil completely.

-This may have doubled my eyelash density AND length. Some people say that it makes their eye color darker as a result, but I already have shitty T15 eyes anyways :feelsrope:, so haven't noticed ANY color change. I honestly recommend it, even with A10 eyes because it's going to bring out the color so much more. To apply it, I would recommend watching this video and skipping to watch 4:15-5:15. If you're too lazy, you pretty much just buy a very small eyeliner brush, put a drop in the lid, and apply. For me, one drop lasts around 3 days. Apply nightly. I also got from OTC store here.

-There was a month or so a while back where I religiously exercised my orbicularus oculi muscles (the ones around your eye sockets) and occasionally massaged my face in order to try to get deeper set eyes. I noticed ZERO difference in a month, and over-training can lead to more wrinkles. The only thing I found that may have helped was to stop using my frontalis muscle. Might've caused my brows to come down slightly

-I submerged my face in a large bowl of ice water about 90% of mornings for around two months. I don't think there was much difference, if any, in hooding. The ice did make my face look a tiny bit better in the morning tho, but it was hell putting myself thru that. I stopped before any real difference could be made. Also, submerging in ice water can cause damage to the skin. With eyelid pulling, I did it maybe once a week for a few months with no results, so not enough for me to say if it works or not.

-I bought a shitty, cheap, tinted undereye cream with caffeine in it and it honestly made my eye area worse by making my bags darker if I washed off the tint. Sometimes it also gave me small red spots under my eyes. If it wasn't tinted, it would be 0/10.

-I switched to just concealer under my eyes instead of the cream, and honestly it works pretty well. I use a brand called Stryx if you wanna check it out. All you have to do is dab your dark circles a few times and then repeatedly touch your undereyes with your finger to even it out. However, I comes off fairly easily and if you put too much on, it becomes noticeable.

View attachment 3212356

vs. after
View attachment 3212357
Could defiantly use more, but mine doesn't suit my skin tone perfectly, I got a shade or two too dark.
Also yes, I know my undereyes are shit, I will be trying something to improve them a bit.

-I only derma roll my brows maybe once a month if I remember, so I can't give it any credit for increasing my density. It might work tho.

-I only did it for a little under a month, lightly hitting each side for 3 minutes with my pomade jar. A little bit of swelling, but no permanent results. Just didn't do it for long enough.

Eyebrow styling
-Need to do this ASAP. My brows are thick asf and I need to find a style that fits me. If anyone has tips on this lmk.

-The one thing that needs to improve the most in my eyes are my undereyes. I'm boneless down there :feelstastyman:. @Orc thread abt them looks convincing enough to give them a shot.

Sclera whitening drops

-Have yet to research eye lightening drops to see if they really work but anything to lighten my shit brown eyes. Also contacts could help quite a bit, but everyone I know would call me out so I don't think it'll be worth it.

Again, I haven't researched this too much, but it seems relatively cheap and less invasive than other surgeries. My undereyes are boneless.

Notes:
-I believe my eyes look more hooded now is because of a combonation of more eyebrow hairs, long curled lashes, and aging. I am NOT squinting
I keep telling you niggas just wear concealer and grow your lashes then eyebrows

• Love it
Reactions: pl@yboi

View attachment 3212326

To this today:
View attachment 3212328

View attachment 3212332

What I tried and tested

View attachment 3212346

View attachment 3212353

View attachment 3212354

View attachment 3212356

vs. after
View attachment 3212357

Eyebrow styling

Sclera whitening drops

Notes:
didn't latisse cucked ur fat pads?

W thread, have you experience any fat loss around your eye area with latisee? I heard it drains the far around the eye