How important is protein for bodybuilding?

Deleted member 11074

Deleted member 11074

Silver
How much protein do you need a day?

• +1
Reactions: Lux
around 100g

• +1
2 g per kg of bodyweight

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Reoa, RecessedPrettyboy, Yerico7 and 3 others
  • +1
Reactions: onfiresems
Do we have any non shady researches on this? This value is inflated by the supplement industry
Thats what i used to eat when i was gym celling, i have really bad genetics for building muscle so idk

1.2 - 2g per kg is sufficient for most individuals

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Hozay, Wallenberg and 1 other person
Very important!
1.2 - 2g per kg is sufficient for most individuals

4 scoops a day

Very but praying to Gandy is most effective for bodybuilding

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12611, Deleted member 7419 and Slayercel
protein doesnt really matter, i just eat cookies all days
cookie dancing GIF

1.5-1.7 grams per lb bodyweight is ideal.
Ideal my ass, you don't need this much protein jfl. look at the studies online, you only need .7-1g for maximum benefits

• +1
Reactions: PYT, Yerico7, Slayercel and 1 other person
Ideal my ass, you don't need this much protein jfl. look at the studies online, you only need .7-1g for maximum benefits
if ur natty that might be all u need, not if ur enhanced tho.

Been researching since I'm cutting. If you're bulking, .7-1.0 grams per pound of bodyweight is fine. If you're cutting, you'll use a sliding scale of 1.2-1.6 grams per lb of Lean Body Mass, depending on how much fat you have(If you're higher bodyfat, you'll do 1.2 grams per lb of LBM).

Notice that I said LBM for cutting, and just regular bodyweight when bulking.

Last edited:
I used to take whey protein 3 scoops a day while gymcelling and noticed no benefits compared to not taking it. I also barely eat any protein through the day since my diet is made mostly of pasta, potatoes, little bit of dairy (milk, yoghurt), bread, bananas, salad, green and black teas. I managed to develop decent physique but struggle with leg size.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and Yerico7
How much protein do you need a day?

Not really important tbh, it was just pushed by the supplmemt industry to sell their shit to low IQ people.

A balanced homemade made meal with quality ingredients is the key.

Also optimizing hormones i.e. no insulin resistance, low cortisol, high tesosterone.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9779
Been researching since I'm cutting. If you're bulking, .7-1.0 grams per pound of bodyweight is fine. If you're cutting, you'll use a sliding scale of 1.2-1.6 grams per lb of Lean Body Mass, depending on how much fat you have(If you're higher bodyfat, you'll do 1.2 grams per lb of LBM).

Notice that I said LBM for cutting, and just regular bodyweight when bulking.
link? most of the stuff I've read says between 0.7 - 1.0 is ideal

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7
Calories in calories out is also important

Not really important tbh, it was just pushed by the supplmemt industry to sell their shit to low IQ people.

A balanced homemade made meal with quality ingredients is the key.

Also optimizing hormones i.e. no insulin resistance, low cortisol, high tesosterone.
Most researchers agree that high protein foods help at building muscles. Do you think they're all wrong? Is there any research that shows that protein doesn't help at building muscles?

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
Most researchers agree that high protein foods help at building muscles. Do you think they're all wrong? Is there any research that shows that protein doesn't help at building muscles?

Most research is funded by fitness industry to push whatever agenda they want.

There used to be research that fat made you fat ect when they pushed low fat diet.

Also also this shitty research making green tea look like some miracle herb ect.

Elephants, rhinos, gorillas ect dont touch any meat related products but muscle mog me to oblivion.

Most research is funded by fitness industry to push whatever agenda they want.

There used to be research that fat made you fat ect when they pushed low fat diet.

Also also this shitty research making green tea look like some miracle herb ect.

Elephants, rhinos, gorillas ect dont touch any meat related products but muscle mog me to oblivion.
Screenshot 20210405 161255 Chrome

Just googled this. Interesting

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
link? most of the stuff I've read says between 0.7 - 1.0 is ideal
That's for bulking.

He cites the papers he references in the video.

Must have not really read my first comment since I say .7-1.0 in the previous one.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
2g is a lot
U can prob get away with 1.8g per kg of LEAN bodyweight, or even 1.6g if u r total noob.

When u factor that in it is not THAT much, for example it means a chubby 200lb guy only needs around 140g of protein, so eat 2 normie meals, SLIGHTLY more protein heavy than a normie, and take 3 scoops of isolate and you easily get there everyday.

I've been doing it for 3m now to lose weight, it started out hard, but gets easier

That's for bulking.

He cites the papers he references in the video.

Must have not really read my first comment since I say .7-1.0 in the previous one.

U can prob get away with 1.8g per kg of LEAN bodyweight, or even 1.6g if u r total noob.

When u factor that in it is not THAT much, for example it means a chubby 200lb guy only needs around 140g of protein, so eat 2 normie meals, SLIGHTLY more protein heavy than a normie, and take 3 scoops of isolate and you easily get there everyday.

I've been doing it for 3m now to lose weight, it started out hard, but gets easier
how are you guys finding the protein diets? better muscle building? any other effects (good or bad)?

• +1
Reactions: MassacredMyBoy
how are you guys finding the protein diets? better muscle building? any other effects (good or bad)?
I find building muscle pretty easy if I eat high protein, take creatine, and don't eat crap, and I'm pretty old too!

As for cutting, I keep it clean 5 days a week, do light cardio (hiking) 4x a week, and medium intensity weights 3x a week, while keeping the protein high, and I've lost 4kg in 2 months, without any real muscle loss. Bear in mind I know if I didn't let it fall away the other 2 days a week I'm sure it would be more weightless, BUT I genuinely feel those 2 'refeed' days a week not only keep me sane, they also help me not lose muscle, can't explain the science but putting those carbs in me seems to help

• +1
Protein is improtant, but I started gaining muscle mass only after I began also eating a lot of carbonhydrates. If you can't gain muscle with protein, then you need to eat more carbs

• +1
The weightlifting is having the biggest life effects, the protein is just supplementary. I've been bulking for about 7 months, finally got up to 22% bodyfat and decided to cut. The only difference now is I'm increasing my protein intake by a little, and really dialing in my diet, counting calories.

• +1
1.5 till 1.7 per kg bodyweight

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and volcelfatcel
i weigh 80 and i am above 200, better safe than sorry