How is lower jaw asymmetry fixed?

RandomPerson1893

RandomPerson1893

Iron
I have a left lower jaw that hangs lower than my right side. When I bite down I feel my right side hit fully and my left side hitting only in a few teeth. I had invisalign for the past few years and I'm at the point that my teeth are relatively straight and aligned visibly, but this asymmetry remains.

My orthodontist is saying for me to keep my invisalign in with rubber bands that recess my jaw so I'm hesitant to use them and would rather like an approach that fixes the asymmetry without recessing the jaw (and plus this ortho wasn't sure that the bands would even fix the asymmetry at all so rip).

What are my options? I am planning to get some sort of expander since my maxilla is recessed too, but my upper jaw is straight otherwise. Are there complementary treatements for lower jaw asymmetry?

Why don't you consider jaw surgery?

Why don't you consider jaw surgery?
It’s a grand ordeal for a relatively minor asymmetry. And since I wasn’t born with the asymmetry I think I could maybe fix it with proper exercises and mewing maybe but idk

It’s a grand ordeal for a relatively minor asymmetry. And since I wasn’t born with the asymmetry I think I could maybe fix it with proper exercises and mewing maybe but idk
Nigga Thinks Meowing Will Change His Bones :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: extremchange628181
  • +1
Reactions: extremchange628181
Bump

• +1
Reactions: RandomPerson1893