How is The Sopranos rated so high with 9.2 IMDb, why do many men love it?

Dr. Mog

Dr. Mog

Researcher at moggerdom and zoomerology

I never truly understood how many men just love this show. I’ve watched multiple series and this one is just considered as peak American cinema for some reason.

I’m currently in season 3, so far I wouldn’t say the show is bad but it’s slow, there are only few violent action at times.
To me, Tony Soprano seems like this cheap low life thug who cheats on his HQNP wife with prostitutes and promiscuous gonorrhoea infected whores. He and his crew making money off sometimes beating innocent civilians.

Meanwhile if you love this show (which I believe many do), I don’t have any comments but I’d just like to know why? And what’s your POV?

• Hmm...
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Gonthar, Imretarded? and TechnoBoss
I've always wanted to give this show a try. I might watch it tomorrow.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Imretarded?, MoggerGaston and 6PSLcel
It's meant to be relatable to oofy doofies suffering a masculinity crisis.

who cheats on his HQNP wife with prostitutes
Carmella is not pretty and is extremely annoying and complicit.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Imretarded? and 6PSLcel
It’s a good show, 7-8/10 up until season 4, you’re right it’s very slow and starting from s4 the pace slows down even further.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Imretarded? and TechnoBoss

And his daughter fucked a black jew lmfao

• JFL
Reactions: Imretarded?, Andremln, Dr. Mog and 1 other person
Top tier protagonist, tomorrow i will write an essay about why he's so awarded and ill tag u broski but rn it's 5:40 am i can barely open my eyes (i will open yours)

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Ghoulish and TechnoBoss

• JFL
Reactions: TechnoBoss

Real men watch my little pony :feelshmm:

• Woah
Reactions: TechnoBoss
@Darkeningstar you wanna watch sopranos with me?:owo:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TechnoBoss and Darkeningstar
I don't like these type of shows

I only watch cartoons tbh

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Imretarded? and Swarthy Knight
Why do Americans jerk off to crime dramas so much jfl

• JFL
Reactions: Imretarded?
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Darkeningstar and N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
  • So Sad

I never truly understood how many men just love this show. I’ve watched multiple series and this one is just considered as peak American cinema for some reason.

I’m currently in season 3, so far I wouldn’t say the show is bad but it’s slow, there are only few violent action at times.
To me, Tony Soprano seems like this cheap low life thug who cheats on his HQNP wife with prostitutes and promiscuous gonorrhoea infected whores. He and his crew making money off sometimes beating innocent civilians.

Meanwhile if you love this show (which I believe many do), I don’t have any comments but I’d just like to know why? And what’s your POV?

I hate people that drink warm beer

• JFL
The last couple of episodes are the only ones where an actual story develops.

tony is an extremely relatable character

insert copypasta about americans worshiping black people
It's more than black worship tho. Look at some of the major "white" shows/movies that are hailed as GOAT level by Amerikunts (BB, Sopranos, Ozark, Godfather, Goodfellas, Scarface, Joker, etc)

Americans just love crime and degeneracy, which is why they love blacks :feelskek:

• JFL
It's more than black worship tho. Look at some of the major "white" shows/movies that are hailed as GOAT level by Amerikunts (BB, Sopranos, Ozark, Godfather, Goodfellas, Scarface, Joker, etc)

Americans just love crime and degeneracy, which is why they love blacks :feelskek:
Yeah mafia stuff was romanticized.

Should have been north italians who immigrated and not south italians

I never truly understood how many men just love this show
Good question, me neither...
I’ve watched multiple series and this one is just considered as peak American cinema for some reason.
What reason?:feelsthink:
Yes, 90% of the time it feels like a regular soap opera, with lots of boring stuff and every day things like we see Tony going shopping, throwing barbecue parties, taking the kids to school, arguing with his wife, talking to the therapist, solving various minor family problems, etc. - only 10% of the time they actually show more interesting, gangster activity things, like Tony might go to beat some guy or collect some protection money during a lunch break, or something but you would expect these to be the focus of the show, instead of the other crap...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back