Gymcels only

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: vermillioncorefan, 5'7 zoomer, MoggerGaston and 1 other person
It will train your shoulders, so pretty legit tbh

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Detective, darkness97, whiteislandpill and 6 others
Very legit for getting strong deltoids. I don't know a close IRL equivalent besides maybe pressing a wheelbarrow overhead with like hay in it or something if you work on like a farm.

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel, MoggerGaston and wsada
Shit for shoulders cuz you put a ton of stress on them also there is better and safer alternatives like lateral raises. You can do this exercise if you got good stability and spoter

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel and autistic_tendencies
rlly good for front delts

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss, alurmo and autistic_tendencies
Idk my shoulders are cooked I can't get no good workout

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: try2beme, TechnoBoss, butterworld and 3 others
very legit. chad tier. better if you could do seated dumbbell shoulder presses tho.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
I dont think they are necessary for aesthetics

there is better and safer alternatives like lateral raises.
It's not an alternative, but a complementary movement, they don't train the same pattern or deltoid head
You can do this exercise if you got good stability and spoter
no need for a spotter, and you should do it to improve stability and core strength

Shit movement, hurt my shoulders when i did it

favourite movement for me best way to build your shoulders also triceps

• +1
Reactions: butterworld and MoggerGaston
One of the best exercises out there

It's not an alternative, but a complementary movement, they don't train the same pattern or deltoid head

no need for a spotter, and you should do it to improve stability and core strength
Valid points, but you shouldn't train front delts cuz they are used in almost all presses

Valid points, but you shouldn't train front delts cuz they are used in almost all presses
Depens on you press volume & variant choices, imo bench, OHP, incline smith machine press and dips is all you need. if you want big shoulder, you need a variant of OHP (barbell, dumbbell or machine if you're gay) else you medial head will looked over-developped and unbalanced (happened for me after gymbro (who overhead pressed) told me it wasn't necessary and a year later I end up having small front shoulders)

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and 2ndChico
Do them sitting
why not standing? sure you will need more stabilty from your core but no point training if you have 0 core strength in the end

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and autistic_tendencies
why not standing? sure you will need more stabilty from your core but no point training if you have 0 core strength in the end
Nigga overhead press is for shoulders not core and depends but it feels better sitting + i do it at smith machine so i just fucking push the bar and its easier that way to use my full strenght at it

Nigga overhead press is for shoulders not core and depends but it feels better sitting + i do it at smith machine so i just fucking push the bar and its easier that way to use my full strenght at it
what do you do for core training then ?

Depens on you press volume & variant choices, imo bench, OHP, incline smith machine press and dips is all you need. if you want big shoulder, you need a variant of OHP (barbell, dumbbell or machine if you're gay) else you medial head will looked over-developped and unbalanced (happened for me after gymbro (who overhead pressed) told me it wasn't necessary and a year later I end up having small front shoulders)
Haha he was trying to stifle the competition

Btw @autistic_tendencies dont do full rom at overhead press it will be more likely you will uze momentum if you go low

• +1
good movement i like it a lot, i find that my strength quickly deteriorates on it, if i dont do it for even a week ill go from 60kg x 8 x 5 to only like 50 x 10 x 5

• +1
Reactions: menas and autistic_tendencies
good movement i like it a lot, i find that my strength quickly deteriorates on it, if i dont do it for even a week ill go from 60kg x 8 x 5 to only like 50 x 10 x 5
since when do you lift good stats imo

it's my main shoulder movement, I do 10 sets in a row.

• +1
Reactions: Dogpill enjoyer, menas and autistic_tendencies
You can’t get away with only doing lateral raises tbh. You need some sort of overhead press, whether it’s with dumbbells or barbell

• +1
Reactions: Tonymontana and autistic_tendencies
My favorite shoulder workout tbh after lateral raises. Seated dumbbell shoulder press mogs

Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12
Face Pulls 3x10-12
Front lateral raises 3x10-12

Before anyone starts barking, I'm not recommending doing all this volume on one day. This is just the main exercises I did for shoulders.

I dont think they are necessary for aesthetics
You're right they aren't but entirely necessary for strength and I think with deltoids in particular, strength is a prerequisite for having big delts. Some people have naturally strong shoulders and those people naturally get bigger shoulders as a result. Maybe it's a chicken/egg scenario here. Isolations obviously mog for aesthetics.

You need core strength worked at the same time. You're supposed to be bracing your core when you do the movement. I feel generally weaker sitting down when doing it so I'm not training it as hard when I do sitting OHP (and before you ask no I was never using leg drive only pure pressing power no leg drive whatsoever unless it was literally the last set and I was doing my last reps of it and I was giving it my all)

• +1