how long does it take for beta carotene tan to GO AWAY

redhandsbluehands

redhandsbluehands

?Undercover?
just wondering haven't taken it yet but wanna know.
assuming a person takes 50000 IU's of beta carotene Every day for 4 to 5 months.
and then suddenly stops taking it.
how long would it take for the glow to fade away completely ???

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5875

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5875 and Julius
I stopped taking beta carotene while on an accutane cycle since I didn't wanna further impact my liver function. Skin glow didn't go away for months but definitely very slowly faded over time. By the end of the accutane cycle a year later it was totally gone. Couldn't tell you when exactly as I wasn't paying close attention but it definitely took a long while. The red undertones from astaxanthin faded much faster than the oranges from beta carotene. I find if I go even a few weeks without astaxanthin before ordering another bottle it's basically gone. Probably since it's more of a subtle change.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, PrisonMike, Greecgawd and 2 others
I stopped taking beta carotene while on an accutane cycle since I didn't wanna further impact my liver function. Skin glow didn't go away for months but definitely very slowly faded over time. By the end of the accutane cycle a year later it was totally gone. Couldn't tell you when exactly as I wasn't paying close attention but it definitely took a long while. The red undertones from astaxanthin faded much faster than the oranges from beta carotene. I find if I go even a few weeks without astaxanthin before ordering another bottle it's basically gone. Probably since it's more of a subtle change.
wait does that mean you need very little for maintenance?

How long did it take you to get the glow in the first place? Did you increase consumption of fruit/veg high in it or did you use a supplement?

wait does that mean you need very little for maintenance?

Yes, you are supposed to megadose until it builds up and then you can take a normal dosage for maintenance.

How long did it take you to get the glow in the first place? Did you increase consumption of fruit/veg high in it or did you use a supplement?

I only supplemented, I also didn't bother megadosing though you should do that if you're only using beta carotene. I instead use a blend of various carotenoid supplements for a varied color profile. Due to using so many I still end up having a net amount of carotenoids that are in an excess to make sure it won't be converted and instead stored in the skin. I use beta carotene, astaxanthin, zeaxanthin, lutein, and lycopene. I saw a minor change within a month, took a few months to see a big difference. It's very gradual so I only really saw the major impact from comparing to old photos.

• +1
Reactions: TheoryMaxxer
Yes, you are supposed to megadose until it builds up and then you can take a normal dosage for maintenance.

I only supplemented, I also didn't bother megadosing though you should do that if you're only using beta carotene. I instead use a blend of various carotenoid supplements for a varied color profile. Due to using so many I still end up having a net amount of carotenoids that are in an excess to make sure it won't be converted and instead stored in the skin. I use beta carotene, astaxanthin, zeaxanthin, lutein, and lycopene.
Did you take any before and afters you would be willing to send?

• +1
Reactions: cathalo
Did you take any before and afters you would be willing to send?

Nah, sorry my mans. Not willing to share any revealing face pics & dox myself. I have a social media presence so it'd be easy to dox me.

• +1
Reactions: TheoryMaxxer
Nah, sorry my mans. Not willing to share any revealing face pics & dox myself. I have a social media presence so it'd be easy to dox me.
wait so taking 2 a day for always is not recommended?

• +1
@cathalo what should I do to get red undertones? I want the beta carotene glow but don’t wanna turn into don trump jfl!

• +1
wait so taking 2 a day for always is not recommended?

You can if you want, but there's no real point once it's built up in your skin. And in general I'd say it's best to minimize taxing your liver. For most young/healthy people it won't matter though.

@cathalo what should I do to get red undertones? I want the beta carotene glow but don’t wanna turn into don trump jfl!

Astaxanthin & Lycopene for strongest reds, astaxanthin is the most commonly used and has a good track record if you're looking for minimalism in your supps.

• +1
Reactions: Greecgawd
From my experience, beta carotene tan go away very quickly but It depends how quickly you get beta carotene tan, the faster you get it means you slowly metabolise beta caroten to vitamin a, so tan will go very slowly.

I only supplemented, I also didn't bother megadosing though you should do that if you're only using beta carotene. I instead use a blend of various carotenoid supplements for a varied color profile. Due to using so many I still end up having a net amount of carotenoids that are in an excess to make sure it won't be converted and instead stored in the skin. I use beta carotene, astaxanthin, zeaxanthin, lutein, and lycopene. I saw a minor change within a month, took a few months to see a big difference. It's very gradual so I only really saw the major impact from comparing to old photos.
Can you give sources for chemicals you used? Also, how did you dose each compound?