How long does it take to make infection on my face go away

Acridax

Acridax

Light triad hopecel
It sounds stupid but i was dermaroling my face and got an infection, probably because im stupid and didn't sanitize it enough. How long does it take for the infection to go away
20240525 080731

Edit, the area that looks infected is slightly reddish, uneven little bumps that slightly hurt

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Braindeadautist, bloomercel, bluderbra and 1 other person
Let the infection run it's course.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, LooksThinker and IAMNOTANINCEL
It sounds stupid but i was dermaroling my face and got an infection, probably because im stupid and didn't sanitize it enough. How long does it take for the infection to go away
Could take around 1 1/2 to 2 months for it to go away completely. Good luck man.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
Before you go about worrying about your life being ruined, it depends on the severity of the infection.
Pic pinned on top of the thread, you could check, i just noticed it today, right bellow my eye

It sounds stupid but i was dermaroling my face and got an infection, probably because im stupid and didn't sanitize it enough. How long does it take for the infection to go awayView attachment 2942491
Edit, the area that looks infected is slightly reddish, uneven little bumps that slightly hurt
Simple solution. Maybe a month at most to heal. It could heal faster if use an anti-biotic cream and apply it to the infection. Hope this helps.

• +1
Reactions: Acridax
Take antibiotics. You don't want to fuck around with skin infections

• +1
Doesn't look like infection. Looks like post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. On white skin this can appear as initially red patches of skin that end up brown.

I can't tell for sure cuz camera quality isn't that good but that's what I'd bet.

• +1
Reactions: Sushifart and Acridax
If it's fungal, never.
What can you even do if it is fungal? Asking since I think mine might be genuinely fungal related (had rashes that lasted months then dispersed and come back occasionally as well as breakouts that I couldn't fix with shit like anti-bacterials and skincare). Only reason why I haven't fixed it is because I was rotting and didn't have medical insurance.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: bloomercel
What can you even do if it is fungal? Asking since I think mine might be genuinely fungal related (had rashes that lasted months then dispersed and come back occasionally as well as breakouts that I couldn't fix with shit like anti-bacterials and skincare). Only reason why I haven't fixed it is because I was rotting and didn't have medical insurance.
There are lots of things you can do that guy is just fear mongering.

Sulfalinamide creams.

Ketoconazole 2% shampoo applied to affected areas or Ketoconazole creams.

Oral itraconazole or flucaconazole.

And oral isotretinoin because its goated and cures almost anything skin related.

Depending on the type of fungal infection 0.3% adaplane OR 0.05% tretinoin applied topically has been shown to fix it too. Tazarotene also probably works there are just no studies for it.

• +1
Reactions: Sushifart
It's only fungal if you have it on your forehead and around mouth, mine spots are bellow my eyes so it's not fungal

• +1
It's only fungal if you have it on your forehead and around mouth, mine spots are bellow my eyes so it's not fungal
Not sure. I developed rashes around eyelids, temples, and parts of the back of my scalp. All while having acne symptoms. When I went to a derm they told me I had eczema (never had these symptoms until a few months ago) and they prescribed me steroid creams, which I took for a little bit, but then just stopped since it wasn't going away after 3 wks of using it.

Albeit, it does sort of go away a little for a bit, then comes back in the same spots.
There are lots of things you can do that guy is just fear mongering.

Sulfalinamide creams.

Ketoconazole 2% shampoo applied to affected areas or Ketoconazole creams.

Oral itraconazole or flucaconazole.

And oral isotretinoin because its goated and cures almost anything skin related.

Depending on the type of fungal infection 0.3% adaplane OR 0.05% tretinoin applied topically has been shown to fix it too. Tazarotene also probably works there are just no studies for it.
I'll try these out. Thank you for the advice, will probably try this out.

Doesn't look like infection. Looks like post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. On white skin this can appear as initially red patches of skin that end up brown.

I can't tell for sure cuz camera quality isn't that good but that's what I'd bet.
Yesterday was nothing on my face, and today its bellow my eyelids
20240525 111703

Also could be just inflammation from only using the dermaroler, just got scared bc my mom told me in the morning what the fuck is wrong with your face jfl

Last edited:
  • +1
Yesterday was nothing on my face, and today its bellow my eyelids
View attachment 2942649
Also could be just inflammation from only using the dermaroler, just got scared bc my mom told me in the morning what the fuck is wrong with your face jfl
If that's where you used the dermaroller, then I think it was from that. Usually right after using one the area that was stamped/rolled gets red and inflamed for a few days or some shit.

It does kind of look like hyperpigmentation, but that doesn't appear overnight. Usually takes a long time for hyperpigmentation to develop.

• +1
If that's where you used the dermaroller, then I think it was from that. Usually right after using one the area that was stamped/rolled gets red and inflamed for a few days or some shit.

It does kind of look like hyperpigmentation, but that doesn't appear overnight. Usually takes a long time for hyperpigmentation to develop.
It's also quite better from yesterday. The bumps on the inflamed area aren't as rough as they were. I think it's going away, i bought a cream for inflamed areas

• +1