How long should it take to add +20kg to bench press?

Johnny_Sins

Johnny_Sins

Bronze
My bench is shit as fuck. My best set is 80kgx4 or 77.5kgx7
It seems like it only goes up with my bodyweight. So if I bloatmaxxed to 90kg I could rep 90kgx5 but if I drop to 75kg i’ll only be able to bench that. Will I really have to be 100kg to rep 100kg on bench press?

How long would it take a normal person to go from 80kgx4 to 100kgx5?

depends, if u have long arms it may take a year

• +1
Reactions: Johnny_Sins
depends, if u have long arms it may take a year
That doesn’t seem too bad tbh. I plan on getting to 100kg in the next 24 months and then maybe cutting like 10 - 15kg to be lean at 85-90kg. I’ll have to sacrifice my face a bit but fuck it, I never want to be sub 80kg victim weight again.

• +1
Reactions: 6PSLcel
That doesn’t seem too bad tbh. I plan on getting to 100kg in the next 24 months and then maybe cutting like 10 - 15kg to be lean at 85-90kg. I’ll have to sacrifice my face a bit but fuck it, I never want to be sub 80kg victim weight again.
im gonna hop on roids, at my height ill never be jacked

• So Sad
no matte rhow much you add you will never bench pres the pain

• So Sad
im gonna hop on roids, at my height ill never be jacked
I would but i’m scared of baldcelling and also I have a rare medical condition which could make me end up like Zyzz, have to check that out first. I’m a 6ft garden gnome anyway so i’m fine. What height are you?

• +1
Reactions: 6PSLcel
9 weeks or less unless you are pretty obscenely strong already

• Hmm...
there is no reason you should have to bulk to do this btw, especially where you are now
If I don’t bulk I don’t make progress. You can’t pull strength out of your ass, you need energy

Not sure tbh. My chest is just dogshit. I can bench 95kg for 1.
do you have a consistent form, pausing at the bottom, full range etc... ?

do you have a consistent form, pausing at the bottom, full range etc... ?
Yeah and I swap between barbell and dumbbell too, it’s very hard for me to progress on bench. I have small, shit pec insertions so maybe it’s something to do with that

I would but i’m scared of baldcelling and also I have a rare medical condition which could make me end up like Zyzz, have to check that out first. I’m a 6ft garden gnome anyway so i’m fine. What height are you?
I’m 6’5 barefoot

• Woah