how long would your skin clear up if on 20mg accutane?

ZUZZCEL

ZUZZCEL

Banned
anyone tried this? what were the sides? how long until ur skin cleared up?

I'm on 20mg/day and I have to take it for 18 months. I'm on month 12 now I guess.
After around month 6 my breakouts stopped completely and I only had one small new breakout after that. I'm only left with my acne scars now.
I only took 10mg/day the first month btw. If your acne is not as severe as mine which I assume your skin will clear up quickly.
Side effects I noticed in the beginning: dryness. I have to moisturize my skin twice a day and my lips like 10 times a day.
The side effects I'm starting to notice now after 1 year: hair thinning, lack of motivation, decreased libido, lack of appetite

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ZUZZCEL
I'm on 20mg/day and I have to take it for 18 months. I'm on month 12 now I guess.
After around month 6 my breakouts stopped completely and I only had one small new breakout after that. I'm only left with my acne scars now.
I only took 10mg/day the first month btw. If your acne is not as severe as mine which I assume your skin will clear up quickly.
Side effects I noticed in the beginning: dryness. I have to moisturize my skin twice a day and my lips like 10 times a day.
The side effects I'm starting to notice now after 1 year: hair thinning, lack of motivation, decreased libido, lack of appetite

lol it actually thins your hair?

lol it actually thins your hair?
I have some hair loss but I still have a full head of hair it's just less hair. The hair grows back afterwards usually.
How bad is your acne btw?

pretty sure i was on like 40 or 60 mg a day, sides were annoying as hell. Extremely dry lips, eyes would tear up randomly, joint pain, felt weaker in general, hair was thinner (mightve been smth else, cant remember), severe dry skin to the point were i had to moisturize like every few hours or my skin would be full of flaky shit, most annoying thing is not being able to drink.

Don't drink on accutane srs, i did it once and my entire body was in pain days after. over for weakcels

it did clear up my facial acne pretty decently, no cysts whatsoever, sometimes a zit here and there, a little bit of almost unnoticable redness but the rest is aight. id say worth because acne is a death sentence

was clear after around 4-5months of usage. if u have body acne, u might get memed. my bacne returned

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 39
pretty sure i was on like 40 or 60 mg a day, sides were annoying as hell. Extremely dry lips, eyes would tear up randomly, joint pain, felt weaker in general, hair was thinner (mightve been smth else, cant remember), severe dry skin to the point were i had to moisturize like every few hours or my skin would be full of flaky shit, most annoying thing is not being able to drink.

Don't drink on accutane srs, i did it once and my entire body was in pain days after. over for weakcels

it did clear up my facial acne pretty decently, no cysts whatsoever, sometimes a zit here and there, a little bit of almost unnoticable redness but the rest is aight. id say worth because acne is a death sentence

was clear after around 4-5months of usage. if u have body acne, u might get memed. my bacne returned

• WTF
Reactions: 712127
I did two cycles of 20mg Accutane for 50 days each, 3 month gap inbetween. Still get mild acne, but my skin actually cleared up while I was on testosterone. Dry lips tho so keep lip balm on you 24/7