How Many Hours Do You Spend Gymmaxing In a Week?

How Many Hours Do You Spend Working Out In a Week? Round to the nearest hour.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • 1 to 2

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • 3 to 4

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • 5 to 6

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • 7 to 8

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • 9 to 10

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • 11 to 12

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 13 to 14

• 15 to 16

• 17+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
It includes warm-up exercises, cool-down exercises, and rest periods between sets.

Last edited:
About 6

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Anywhere from 4-6 hours/week.

Used to do 2 hour high volume workouts 6x week, and grew like shit. Once I cut my volume (20-30 sets/bodypart to 3-6), my strength and size shot through the roof.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Descargue96, Deleted member 15827, Deleted member 17402 and 2 others
90 mins in the gym 5 times a week

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and thecel
Anywhere from 4-6 hours/week.

Used to do 2 hour high volume workouts 6x week, and grew like shit. Once I cut my volume (20-30 sets/bodypart to 3-6), my strength and size shot through the roof.
so 3-6 sets per week of chest?!!

• Woah
Reactions: Descargue96 and thecel
BF39F8B6 02F5 42E5 8287 AEAEE76C70C5

gym is my life

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Mewton, TrestIsBest and thecel
Use to do 1 to 2 hours until I realized that shit is cope, face reigns king

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Descargue96, Deleted member 16989 and thecel
Never went to the gym except 2 times

• Woah
3hrs a week. Diet more important.

• Hmm...
Diet more important.

:soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy::soy:

Diet just gets you to the starting line. Low body fat is just a start; frame and muscles are required too. Roids for the foids.

Last edited:
nothing can fix this bro

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and thecel
  • Woah
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, thecel and Deleted member 15669
I'm allergic
How did you come to that conclusion? Maybe you were allergic to the oil or the dissolvents, that’s more probable than allergies to the steroids themselves.

• +1
5-6 days a week. approx 60-90 mins per sesh.

way more if you include walking and general low tier activity outside the gym for health and calorie burn,

• +1
so 3-6 sets per week of chest?!!

6 sets/week for chest, back, legs, side delts. Smaller muscles like arms get 4.

Every set is taken to failure, which is why most people need more volume than me. When you leave reps in the tank, you're going to need 10+ sets to make gains.

I also think I simply genetically respond better to low volume vs high. Even when I was leaving 1-2 reps in the tank, and doing higher volume (20 sets/week), I made very slow strength and size gains. But when I just do 6 sets to all out failure for a muscle/week, I consistently add weight, and reps to my exercises every workout. The difference in my physique is night and day.

If high volume (10-20 sets/week/muscle) isn't working for someone, I definitely recommend experimenting with low volume failure style training. It's actually how many modern bodybuilders today train (Chris Bumstead, Nick Walker, Iain Vailliere, Jordan Peters). Less sets, but maximum intensity/to failure, and a HUGE FOCUS on PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD (adding weight, reps workout to workout).

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Sigmamale and thecel

Every set is taken to failure, which is why most people need more volume than me. When you leave reps in the tank, you're going to need 10+ sets to make gains.

I also think I simply genetically respond better to low volume vs high. Even when I was leaving 1-2 reps in the tank, and doing higher volume (20 sets/week), I made very slow strength and size gains. But when I just do 6 sets to all out failure for a muscle/week, I consistently add weight, and reps to my exercises every workout. The difference in my physique is night and day.

If high volume (10-20 sets/week/muscle) isn't working for someone, I definitely recommend experimenting with low volume failure style training. It's actually how many modern bodybuilders today train (Chris Bumstead, Nick Walker, Iain Vailliere, Jordan Peters). Less sets, but maximum intensity/to failure, and a HUGE FOCUS on PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD (adding weight, reps workout to workout).

Hmm, I'd like to give this a try. What split do you use?

• +1
Hmm, I'd like to give this a try. What split do you use?

Push pull legs repeat off

I also only do one exercise for each bodypart (ex: only bench for chest, only hacksquat for quads, barbell curl for biceps) and repeat that.

Thats the best way to track progress from my experience because when you constantly switch exercises, the strength gains you initially make are from your nervous system learning that movement. Its easy to add 40 lbs to a new lift while adding 40 lbs to an old exercise youve been doing for a while is much harder and actually reflects real strength/muscle gains.

You could also do 2 exercises/bodypart and alternate each one every workout (bench on first push day, incline on second). Thats probably better, but the key thing is to stick to the same exercises so you can accurately track muscle and strength gains

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Sigmamale
I need a good routine

• +1
0. i ONLY jogging everyday. I dont need muscle to attract women.

• +1