how many lbs of muscle can you gain as newbie gains

JustBeCurry

JustBeCurry

☠ roped ☠
Probably around 20 lbs of muscle in your first year

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3020 and JustBeCurry
This strongly depends on your diet, motivation and genetics.

If you're skinny, the road is longer than if u're fat, ofc.
Eating 3000+ cal a day with good macros is pretty hard if u spent the last twenty years eating roughly 1500 cal with junkfood.

20 lbs of pure muscle is pretty hard as a newbie, although possible.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: JustBeCurry
This strongly depends on your diet, motivation and genetics.

If you're skinny, the road is longer than if u're fat, ofc.
Eating 3000+ cal a day with good macros is pretty hard if u spent ur the last twenty years at roughly 1500 cal with junkfood.
i eat pretty clean about 2000 cals a day, but i haven't started properly weight training yet

• +1
Reactions: NVRH
i eat pretty clean about 2000 cals a day, but i haven't started properly weight training yet

Make sure to use kitchen scale + app instead of eyeballing amounts of food.
Anyways if your diet is in check (eating clean and surplus) and invested in your training, 10 kg gain is rly possible in one year.

It won't be 10 kg of PURE LEAN MUSCLE, but it will dramatically improve body look and strength.
ps : it's easier to dirty bulk => cut than clean bulking.

Make sure to use kitchen scale + app instead of eyeballing amounts of food.
Anyways if your diet is in check (eating clean and surplus) and invested in your training, 10 kg gain is rly possible in one year.

It won't be 10 kg of PURE LEAN MUSCLE, but it will dramatically improve body look and strength.
ps : it's easier to dirty bulk => cut than clean bulking.
i already look bloated while being skinny so i'd rather not dirty bulk even if it is easier, i'll just try to bulk as clean as possible

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2658 and NVRH
  • +1
i already look bloated while being skinny so i'd rather not dirty bulk even if it is easier, i'll just try to bulk as clean as possible

Y I got that too.
Most important thing is to make sure u read a ton of stuff about weight lifting in order to avoid injuries that could hinder your progress.

If u feel more about bodyweight fitness (don't have access to barbells / prefer working out at home) the sub on reddit is pretty good with lots of interesting posts about it + routines for beginners.

• +1
it's probably a lot more than you think.