How many surgeons should you consult with before getting Bimax?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
Or any other procedure.

I’m too high inhib to just go with what the 1 doc has said. Also would it be a good idea to ask for the final planned movements to double check with another surgeon(s)?

Or would the surgeon I first consulted with get annoyed & think I don’t trust him

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
Yes of course its a good idea.
Or would the surgeon I first consulted with get annoyed & think I don’t trust him
why would he even know about it

your surgeon is not your girlfriend, you're not cheating on him :lul::lul::lul:

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8165, lilhorizontal32 and Deleted member 1680
tbh if you get computer imaging and you like what you see you might as well go for it right away

• Ugh..
Reactions: bysontallou
Yes of course its a good idea.

why would he even know about it

your surgeon is not your girlfriend, you're not cheating on him :lul::lul::lul:
nah I meant more like asking "yo can I get the final planned movements to double check with another surgeon" cos I know the approximate movements but he said he'll have to tweak it a bit with his technicians so gonna have to confirm what the tweaked/adjusted numbers are

and yeah kind of have to add that I am getting it to double check the movements with another surgeon cos he might be curious as to why I am asking for the final planned movements in the first place.
most normies wouldnt have a clue what a 4mm lefort 1 advancement with a 3 degree CCW rotation would mean

Last edited:
  • +1
nah I meant more like asking "yo can I get the final planned movements to double check with another surgeon" haha cos I know the approximate movements but he said he'll have to tweak it a bit with his technicians so gonna have to confirm what the tweaked/adjusted numbers are

and yeah kind of have to add that I am getting it to double check the movements with another surgeon cos he might be curious as to why I am asking for the final planned movements in the first place. most normies wouldnt have a clue what a 4mm lefort 1 advancement with a 3 degree CCW rotation would mean haha
I think that if the surgeon gets annoyed/mad/shows ANY negative emotion regarding you getting a second opinion is a MASSIVE RED FLAG.

Some doctors have massive superiority complexes, and think they can never be wrong. Working with a surgeon like that is very dangerous.
He might disregard your preferences and do what he sees as right.

You do know that almost always the movements get tweaked at the operation table right?

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
I think that if the surgeon gets annoyed/mad/shows ANY negative emotion regarding you getting a second opinion is a MASSIVE RED FLAG.

Some doctors have massive superiority complexes, and think they can never be wrong. Working with a surgeon like that is very dangerous.
He might disregard your preferences and do what he sees as right.

You do know that almost always the movements get tweaked at the operation table right?
good fucking point. I don't see why I shouldn't be able to ask him for something as basic as the surgical movements

and nah man from what I thought the 3D CT-scan data is accurate enough that no tweaking is necessary

• +1
and nah man from what I thought the 3D CT-scan data is accurate enough that no tweaking is necessary
and yet it does happen. You think a bimax is a precise thing? And you ever watched a video how a bimax is performed?

At the end of the day its a human cutting your skull, he will not be exact and precise - and even if he was, sometimes the doctors decide to alter the movements based on what the see and feel.
Wonder why some doctors have way better results than others? Performing a surgery like this is almost like an art.

in any case, be prepared that after the operation the numbers will not be the exact same as you agreed before. And most likely they will be less than what you had agreed upon.

• +1
Reactions: khvirgin and lilhorizontal32
and yet it does happen. You think a bimax is a precise thing? And you ever watched a video how a bimax is performed?

At the end of the day its a human cutting your skull, he will not be exact and precise - and even if he was, sometimes the doctors decide to alter the movements based on what the see and feel.
Wonder why some doctors have way better results than others? Performing a surgery like this is almost like an art.

in any case, be prepared that after the operation the numbers will not be the exact same as you agreed before. And most likely they will be less than what you had agreed upon.
nah man didn't know this at all. I knew it could happen, like if the planned movements were WAY off, but I thought it didn't happen in most cases.

does that mean that I won't be able to get his surgical movements and get it done by a local surgeon for like 1/2 the price?

• +1
does that mean that I won't be able to get his surgical movements and get it done by a local surgeon for like 1/2 the price?
no u retard what are you thinking :lul: :lul: :lul:

do you know how dangerous and diffcult is to fix a fucked up osteotomy? you dont want to risk this.

also, even tho everyone on this forum pretends to know-it-all, we actually know shit, and its always best to trust your surgeon. He knows bets what movements produce what results and what movements are correct for you.

nah man didn't know this at all. I knew it could happen, like if the planned movements were WAY off, but I thought it didn't happen in most cases.
it might not happen, but be prepared for it. You can discuss it with the surgeon too, he knows how often such a thing happens best. I;ve only heard that it does happen, not how often. it might be a rare thing or very common, i dont know

and react to my posts you jew

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
no u retard what are you thinking :lul: :lul: :lul:

do you know how dangerous and diffcult is to fix a fucked up osteotomy? you dont want to risk this.

it might not happen, but be prepared for it. You can discuss it with the surgeon too, he knows how often such a thing happens best. I;ve only heard that it does happen, not how often. it might be a rare thing or very common, i dont know
hahaa shit bro there goes my plan. its not even that much more expensive. the thing is the surgeon I consulted with lives quite far from me, and it would be inconvenient to visit him twice for the surgery (one for bimax + one for the removing of the plates and bone grafting). the other problem is accommodation, travel, living expenses for up to 2 weeks which could easily be 5k.

so hence why I wanted to get it done with a local surgeon I found who has just as much experience (if not slightly more) and according to a top ortho I saw, is the best jaw surgeon in the country.

funnily enough the guy I originally consulted with is blackpilled af and people here love his results and always talk about him (pm if you want to know). but that top ortho I consulted with straight up said that I refuse to work with him and wont comment why

so yeah you can see my dilemma. I will go to this "top jaw surgeon in the country" and see his results and see what he has to say for my case, and if he seems to have great before/afters, I might just ask him what his thoughts are regarding the movements my blackpilled surgeon made for me

• +1
also, even tho everyone on this forum pretends to know-it-all, we actually know shit, and its always best to trust your surgeon. He knows bets what movements produce what results and what movements are correct for you.
at this point Idk who tf to believe tbh

users here say that surgeons dont know shit about aesthetics and they just want the $$$ but then its the surgeons who actually have the EXPERIENCE of treating patients.

then again surgeons wont show cases where they messed up a face but still they arent that corrupt are they? like they wouldnt mess up a face just to operate on 1 more patient.

like if anything wouldnt that hurt their business/reputation in the long-term?

• +1