How much do you think personality REALLY matters?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
been reading many bluepills here and I'm starting to think that our theories on attraction are a not a very good reflection of reality, due to many of us being trapped in the PSL echo chamber

maybe it isnt as bad as we think

unironically maybe it is our personalities that is causing our lack of success with women

and if so, does anyone have a good way to tell that its your personality and not your looks? :unsure::unsure:

interested to hear your thoughts

• +1
Reactions: litaz, mulattomaxxer, Yuya Moggershima and 1 other person
been reading many bluepills here and I'm starting to think that our theories on attraction are a not a very good reflection of reality, due to many of us being trapped in the PSL echo chamber

unironically maybe it is our personalities that is causing our lack of success with women

and if so, does anyone have a good way to tell that its your personality and not your looks? :unsure::unsure:

honestly i think personality matter, lip gallagher i think its one of the biggest examples (search on tiktok) btw if u are a 10/10 personality doesnt matter

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and datboijj
Looks give your personality a chance.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Ugh..
Reactions: faithlesscel, WagedandReady, Gaia262 and 14 others

Looks makes you need much less personality. If you are a 10 in looks and a 0 in personality you won’t fck.

• +1
Reactions: looksseg, mulattomaxxer, GigaAscender and 4 others

i have amazing chad personality, girls below my looks level love me instantly cause low inhib + dont care what anyone thinks, but girls above my looks level seen very annoyed like i am some cheap copy of them chads. thats whats makes me angry the most, i aint trying hard at all, im like that since im a kid, and im not going to behave like a dog around them just to match my looks.

• +1
Reactions: litaz, faggotchadlite, Spinc and 3 others
For relationships, a lot. For ONS/hooking up, not very much (just don't be autistic). Keep in mind that you need pass her looks threshold before personality even becomes a factor. Someone with a good personality who isn't attractive is called a friend.

• +1
Reactions: faithlesscel, Deleted member 4946, Germania and 10 others
i'm big on looks theory like most. But I also see examples in my own life of guys who aren't good looking who don't have money or status who do at least OK with girls.

this sort of stuff:

1620428724010-png.1126169

1620428784002-png.1126171

1620428807311-png.1126174

1620428819845-png.1126175

1620428868803-png.1126176

1620429488032-png.1126202

1620428977561-png.1126180

1620428986750-png.1126181

1620429014989-png.1126184

1620429032913-png.1126186

1620429354793-png.1126194

1620429365659-png.1126195

1620429382585-png.1126197

1620429391137-png.1126198

Attachments​

• 1620428953185.png
    1620428953185.png
    250.3 KB · Views: 26

I think that with cold approach and tinder and stuff, you just won't get off the starting blocks if she doesn't think you're pretty damn handsome. Giving you a shot just isn't worth her time. Even with good 'game' I think you're still looking at a big numbers game to get laid with decent girls if you aren't good looking (ps - basically all of my lays have come from cold approach. I'm not gl but with numbers game i've gotten a few very nice results)

But if it' a girl who you know socially and stuff (work, college etc) and you have time to build a connection and comfort (propinquity) and she really likes your personality etc, then i really do think even a fairly ugly guy can do much better than most here realise.

So personality matters. If you have a really bad personality on a cold approach, you better be not only good looking, but gigachad. Otherwise she'll just pick a less weird handsome dude!

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: looksseg, litaz, metagross and 2 others
imo, i think its just hard to have a really bad personality. its not hard to make basic conversation, throw in some inside jokes with eachother. that should be good enough. but a good personality will make them like u even more and bad personality will make them like u slightly less but if ur gl then it wont matter. but if u only just about got with her lookswise, AND you have a bad personality(somehow) then she'll fuck you off

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer and lilhorizontal32
presonality in the sense that you can estimate and fulfill what people expect / want from you. And things like status, social life, but of course that only apply in real life and LTR.

Everyone knows that online dating = looks and nothing more.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: looksseg, Toth's thot, mulattomaxxer and 4 others
looks everything, when i was better looking not only girls but random strangers showed interest, more accepted in friend circle and more interest, better reputation and ofcourse a lot hotter girls (now glad if i get anything at all) and i acted a lot weirder when i was 19 (23 now)

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and subhuman incel
of course it is

if you have a large social circle, you are an extroverted guy who has no trouble talking to anyone & to make friends (both male and female), but you cant get a woman to fuck you, then its your looks

if youre an antisocial loner rotting in your room 24/7, then chances are that its your personality (but also could be looks too)

the most important thing is that personality is not something you have "for women" but for yourself.
will an antisocial chad enjoy the attention? sure, but he will never enjoy the lifestyle as a chad who is outgoing and social.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32, Carolus and subhuman incel
It

matters quite a lot, of course if you are very attractive it will matter less and if you are very ugly it will not help. in average range it does a lot. this can be especially seen in schools or college as people are in the same rooms with same people for long time so they will get a snese of peoples personality without knowing them personally. however those kinds of envronments are rare outside of those places so it will matter less

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
In ONS 0%
in relationships 50%

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and mazzi

You won’t find an indefinite answer for this.

Blackpill is too black and white and far from the truth.
Looks are very important for some and less important for others. Most girls will give the good looking guy MUCH more fck ups or less personality. Some guys that are below their looks threshold can fck if they are interesting enough. Some girls don’t really care to looks or status. It depends on who, where and when, the circumstances and level of intoxication.

you will ALWAYS be much better in dating with looks. If you are not good looking enough it will close many doors in terms of dating. But you can’t simplify it to the extent of the blackpill

• +1
Reactions: dantemaxxing, litaz, mulattomaxxer and 1 other person
I’m willing to bet that most if not all of these guys met those girls irl, be it school, social gathering, childhood friends or what have you.

Online dating apps will warp your perspective if you use them. Meeting and talking to girls irl is a different ball game, so many more factors that you can play to your advantage and give you better chances of success

• +1
Reactions: litaz, one job away and lilhorizontal32
0%

• Woah
i'm big on looks theory like most. But I also see examples in my own life of guys who aren't good looking who don't have money or status who do at least OK with girls.

this sort of stuff:

Attachments​

• 1620428953185.png
    1620428953185.png

I think that with cold approach and tinder and stuff, you just won't get off the starting blocks if she doesn't think you're pretty damn handsome. Giving you a shot just isn't worth her time. Even with good 'game' I think you're still looking at a big numbers game to get laid with decent girls if you aren't good looking (ps - basically all of my lays have come from cold approach. I'm not gl but with numbers game i've gotten a few very nice results)

But if it' a girl who you know socially and stuff (work, college etc) and you have time to build a connection and comfort (propinquity) and she really likes your personality etc, then i really do think even a fairly ugly guy can do much better than most here realise.

So personality matters. If you have a really bad personality on a cold approach, you better be not only good looking, but gigachad. Otherwise she'll just pick a less weird handsome dude!
Is anyone of these a manlet? I need lifefuel :feelswhy:

below 5 psl and after 7 psl personality dont matter

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24347 and lilhorizontal32
In ONS 0%
in relationships 50%
Pretty much all this thread answered.
Edit I have to add in general the hotter the girl the more she will care about looks and have higher standards

• +1
Your personality is determined largely by your face, and I don’t mean in terms of the experiences you have growing up shaping you as a person or whatever shit, I mean the deciding factor for whether your behaviors are considered good or bad is almost entirely your face.

with that being said, being NT is EXTREMELY important, the better your face is the less NT you have to be. Being ridiculously autistic can even knock Chad down a bunch of notches, so in THAT sense “personality” does matter a lot. If you’re normal and not awkward with a good face you can behave however you want though

• +1
Reactions: faithlesscel, Prince88, litaz and 4 others
of course it is

if you have a large social circle, you are an extroverted guy who has no trouble talking to anyone & to make friends (both male and female), but you cant get a woman to fuck you, then its your looks

if youre an antisocial loner rotting in your room 24/7, then chances are that its your personality (but also could be looks too)

the most important thing is that personality is not something you have "for women" but for yourself.
will an antisocial chad enjoy the attention? sure, but he will never enjoy the lifestyle as a chad who is outgoing and social.
Tbh there's a huge chance you may be a basement dweller due to not looking old enough when it matters(elementary+middle+high school) or/and being ugly af- then there's a positive feedback loop where the more you get rejected due to factors outside your control, you become more reclusive and bitter+hateful(shitty personality) which makes it more and more likely to continue your rotter lifestyle.

• +1
Reactions: Heguldus, lilhorizontal32 and Mongrelcel
i have amazing chad personality, girls below my looks level love me instantly cause low inhib + dont care what anyone thinks, but girls above my looks level seen very annoyed like i am some cheap copy of them chads. thats whats makes me angry the most, i aint trying hard at all, im like that since im a kid, and im not going to behave like a dog around them just to match my looks.
you think that you acting confident is making hot girls insecure?

this sort of stuff:

Attachments​

• 1620428953185.png
    1620428953185.png

good take man. and agree with what you said

imo, i think its just hard to have a really bad personality. its not hard to make basic conversation, throw in some inside jokes with eachother. that should be good enough. but a good personality will make them like u even more and bad personality will make them like u slightly less but if ur gl then it wont matter. but if u only just about got with her lookswise, AND you have a bad personality(somehow) then she'll fuck you off
very similar to what I'm thinking. I don't really meet too many people whose personalities are a true failo. slightly detrimental to their overall appeal is more common though

looks everything, when i was better looking not only girls but random strangers showed interest, more accepted in friend circle and more interest, better reputation and ofcourse a lot hotter girls (now glad if i get anything at all) and i acted a lot weirder when i was 19 (23 now)
you got better accepted into friend circles as well?

Tbh there's a huge chance you may be a basement dweller due to not looking old enough when it matters(elementary+middle+high school) or/and being ugly af- then there's a positive feedback loop where the more you get rejected due to factors outside your control, you become more reclusive and bitter+hateful(shitty personality) which makes it more and more likely to continue your rotter lifestyle.
was gonna say pretty much this actually

Everything matters, even if a girl finds you attractive at first any single thing about you can turn her off. It’s not so black and white

• +1
Reactions: litaz and lilhorizontal32
Since girls are not the hunters in dating, a attractive guy needs to have a sales closer mentality. Even if a girl is attracted to you, she cant do all the steps to get fucked. A succesful fuckboy has a non autistic way of seducing the girl and moving all resistance to sex. And yes, also chads gets resistance and some bullshit that he needs to deal with.

• +1
looks only. over thread jfl @ u

• JFL
you got better accepted into friend circles as well?
i literally got invited into friend circles from the beginning of school, some were even doing me favors, driving me to appointments etc even though we didnt even talk a lot

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and mulattomaxxer
Not much for the intial attraction phase. Firstly you need to pass the looks threshold. Then your "personality" matters.

Personality traits you need to get laid. These are ideal personality traits.
> Decent social skills.
> NT
> Extraverted
> Low inhib
> Confident

Traditional personality traits that normies bark about, such as kindness and compassion are irrelevant. They will matter in a LTR but your never going to get here if your ugly or high inhib.

• +1
i literally got invited into friend circles from the beginning of school, some were even doing me favors, driving me to appointments etc even though we didnt even talk a lot
What even guys?

Ngl haven’t heard of guys going out of their way to help other guys to that extent when they weren’t even really friends. Unless he was into you? :unsure:

Not much for the intial attraction phase. Firstly you need to pass the looks threshold. Then your "personality" matters.

Personality traits you need to get laid. These are ideal personality traits.
> Decent social skills.
> NT
> Extraverted
> Low inhib
> Confident

Traditional personality traits that normies bark about, such as kindness and compassion are irrelevant. They will matter in a LTR but your never going to get here if your ugly or high inhib.
Agreed. Good personality = NT & low inhib

being nice/kind in some ways is a failo, and definitely not necessary

Why are only males told to work on their personalities but females aren't?

• +1
Reactions: faithlesscel and lilhorizontal32
Not at all. It doesn't have to. The only thing you really need is the ability to attract and communicate.

Personality is always confused with character.

• +1
For relationships, a lot. For ONS/hooking up, not very much (just don't be autistic). Keep in mind that you need pass her looks threshold before personality even becomes a factor. Someone with a good personality who isn't attractive is called a friend.
dnr cope

this sort of stuff:

Attachments​

• 1620428953185.png
    1620428953185.png

they're british, brit foids are known for having low standards.

Personality/status/game in general will only make you be able to pick girls up to 2 level above your looks (except few exceptions)

Below your looks if youre retarted and non NT enough you can get screwed even with very bad looking girls

So yes, it matters, but look is still much more important

• +1
Personality is pseudoscience

looks > personality, but you dont have to be a chad ofc. Being above average is enough.