this is chuando tan's dad at 57

Chuando Tan - Wiki.sg

this chuando tan at 55

Chuando Tan (@chuandotan) | Twitter

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: ReignsChad, SOS-Sonic, datboijj and 1 other person
" Family studies demonstrated that about 25 % of the variation in human longevity is due to genetic factors"

" It's been estimated that genes can explain a maximum of 35 percent of lifespan, but there is still more we do not understand about aging than which we do understand."

TL;DR: Environment is not a cope

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Descartes, Deleted member 7901, eduardkoopman and 5 others
" Family studies demonstrated that about 25 % of the variation in human longevity is due to genetic factors"

" It's been estimated that genes can explain a maximum of 35 percent of lifespan, but there is still more we do not understand about aging than which we do understand."

interesting

• +1
Reactions: Selinity
80% genetics, 20% environment. And that's being generous tbh
I guess genetics must have improved drasticly then, considering we have gone from living to 20 to 100 ...

Last edited:
Hard to put a number on something like that though I would say there is something to a few nutritional supplements making you age more gracefully. I have friends that surprise me how old they look while others can be heavy drinkers and still look young for their age so genetics is a big part. Also we know balding destroys most men regardless of their health.

great find.
i can agree. on this.

most people. do significant amount of things that severely fucks up anti-aging maxxing.

for example.
plenty guys get drunk regularly-ish.
plenty guys stay in sun unprotected long

• +1
Reactions: Selinity and Lars

ok but you can look like shit and still become very old. good examples are bald guys who get bald in their tweenties/thirties and then get 80s and older

dont we need to differentiate here?

jared letos mum for examples look super young for her age too

ok but you can look like shit and still become very old. good examples are bald guys who get bald in their tweenties/thirties and then get 80s and older
yes, that study doesn't add ugly balding to the equation, nor even looks levels. Or things like collagen of skin is also not included in ti. Just longlevity.

Geerally speaking, one can assume though (besides balding). That most people that get older healthy, do probably also looked throughout their life younger and healthy tha other people.
on average
dont we need to differentiate here?
yes, if we wanna test looks.
But LOL @ good look at doing a study level quality research on this. Which takes scientist a long time, alot of manpower, and plenty money/funding.
jared letos mum for examples look super young for her age too
Genes matter.
BUT ALSO! He was raised by her. So she intilled habits into him, because she the parent and did certain things. So her lifestyle, he may have copied plenty things of them.

The mother Of Hadid, was a super model.
and she instilled model habits into her daughter.
Maxxing her habits and environmen part also, besides genes, for becoming model maxxed.

LMAO.
that mother is a walking blackpill, with her:
lean is life pills
race pill
dhymophism pill

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: homo_faber
80% genetics, 20% environment. And that's being generous tbh
I feel like with aging there a lot more environmental factors tbh
skin aging alone mostly comes from direct sun light

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
who said we waz aging

I feel like with aging there a lot more environmental factors tbh
skin aging alone mostly comes from direct sun light

With lighter skin especially. Its crazy how bad the average ginger ages looks wise. Females that smoke seem to get that aged skin pretty quick also. Alcohol is a differing effect many times depending on the person. I have seen a few drunks that I swore it was preserving their facial look somehow even though their livers were already half way gone and others that looked way older than their age from it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7901