How much of chin protrusion is bone vs fat?

Hightwolf

Hightwolf

HTW#6700
My chin looks very recessed from my side profile (because it is), but when I smile the fat that is near my chin all concentrates in that one spot and gives me extra chin protrusion. Another thing is, when my face is neutral if I touch my chin I immediately feel the bone.

So for for people who have good chin protrusion, is fat usually a factor?
What I mean is, if you were to X-Ray O'pry in this pic:

Would the furthest part of his chin in the x-ray be on the red line or the blue line, or even further behind?

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Darkstrand, Deleted member 9344 and 1 other person
Bone
Having excess fat in that region can create sagging and a lack of protrusion in that area.

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Mr.cope, Deleted member 9344 and 3 others
of course the blue line lol. But keep in mind that his teeth allignment would also be further back than his lips and such and such.

• +1
Reactions: Hightwolf
the bone is supposed to be around that “fat” instead it’s just fat there, that’s why when you smile there’s more projection

• +1
Good question

Alot of my protrusion (im not crazy protruding, but I'm pretty decently so), is from skin and a little bit of fat.
I wouldn't be recessed without skin/fat, but it helps quite a bit with projecting.

I also do the same thing when smiling, it scrunches up all of the fat into one place to create an illusion of protrusion.

Do you have an uneven chin? Chins like mine that are formed primarily from skin/fat instead of bone are often uneven. They also give the illusion of being "disconnected" from the face (they don't line up with mandible very well). Disconnected chins are bad for fat people AND aging people

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746, Hightwolf and sandcelmuttcel
the bone is supposed to be around that “fat” instead it’s just fat there, that’s why when you smile there’s more projection
yeah except I don't have that much fat, when I touch it it's mostly bone. The fat is in the area between my chin and lower lip

Good question

Alot of my protrusion (im not crazy protruding, but I'm pretty decently so), is from skin and a little bit of fat.
I wouldn't be recessed without skin/fat, but it helps quite a bit with projecting.

I also do the same thing when smiling, it scrunches up all of the fat into one place to create an illusion of protrusion.

Do you have an uneven chin? Chins like mine that are formed primarily from skin/fat instead of bone are often uneven. They also give the illusion of being "disconnected" from the face (they don't line up with mandible very well). Disconnected chins are bad for fat people AND aging people
my chin isn't projected, the fat is in the area between my chin and mouth. It's only when I smile that it happens, but it's even.

I'll send picture examples if it could help

I'll send picture examples if it could help

Not smiling vs smiling
I made sure that head tilt is perfectly neutral in both, so it's not that. Also i'm aware that my lips are pulled by when I smile which affects it, but even then you can still see that the chin itself becomes more protruding.

This, kids, is the definition of PSL autism

• +1
This, kids, is the definition of PSL autism
If you’re 3< psl and not willing to do surgery and already softmaxxing, this shit becomes just a hobby.
In reality I do not care anymore about reaching 6psl, i just wanna vibe here