How much weight do you guys think I can lose on a 7 day fast?

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
my target is about 10 pounds...

4-5 pound water maybe 3-4lbs of fat

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: delta7 and Deleted member 11126
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, delta7 and Deleted member 11126
my target is about 10 pounds...
Idk about you, but i literally lose 400 gram of pure fat in 1 day of water fasting - 36 hours.

So in 7 days I would expect ~2kg of pure fat loss. But your weight will drop WAY more, due to lost water, and some muscle too.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 8988, Deleted member 19551 and Deleted member 11126
Idk about you, but i literally lose 400 gram of pure fat in 1 day of water fasting - 36 hours.

So in 7 days I would expect ~2kg of pure fat loss. But your weight will drop WAY more, due to lost water, and some muscle too.
How long can I do this without becoming ill? 10 days...?

If you can manage 1 week and you make it through the first 3 days of extreme hunger and fatigue, it's stupid not to keep going to 14 day mark. 14 days should get you 10 pounds of pure fat depending on your TDEE

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
How long can I do this without becoming ill? 10 days...?
Idk, I get totally sick after 24 hours already, cannot think straight, only watch netflix :ROFLMAO:

Eat a ton of salt water, some potassium, magnesium, iodine, etc, non stored minerals like zinc and selenium, water soluble vitamins like B and C daily

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126 and Deleted member 16380
like 1.5KG if your BMR is 1600 calories

Eat a ton of salt water, some potassium, magnesium, iodine, etc, non stored minerals like zinc and selenium, water soluble vitamins like B and C daily
I tried taking vitamins on my last fast but they made me sick I think your supposed to take them with food.

I tried taking vitamins on my last fast but they made me sick I think your supposed to take them with food.
Don't take any non electrolytes on an empty stomach and only take low doses. No zinc high dose zinc on an empty stomach

• Hmm...
Don't take any non electrolytes on an empty stomach and only take low doses. No zinc high dose zinc on an empty stomach
When you say electrolytes do you just mean salt?

When you say electrolytes do you just mean salt?
And magnesium mostly. You need sodium daily to be alive and vitamin C so you don't get scurvy. Those two are minimum

You're really just better off doing a 1000 calorie deficit

• Hmm...
If you can manage 1 week and you make it through the first 3 days of extreme hunger and fatigue, it's stupid not to keep going to 14 day mark. 14 days should get you 10 pounds of pure fat depending on your TDEE
Yeah I regret on my last fast not going longer. Rn I'm going between bulk and cut cycles.

bare minimum 5 pounds of actual fat. One pound of fat = 3000 calories
It’s 3500 cal. Assume you eat nothing for a week at a BMR of 2100
2100x7 = 14700
14700/3500= 4.2 lb fat not counting water

And magnesium mostly. You need sodium daily to be alive and vitamin C so you don't get scurvy. Those two are minimum

You're really just better off doing a 1000 calorie deficit
I think I should be fine for one week with just salt and water right?

It’s 3500 cal. Assume you eat nothing for a week at a BMR of 2100
2100x7 = 14700
14700/3500= 4.2 lb fat not counting water
There's some evidence it may not even be that simple. Apparently there's a fixed rate for adipose tissue oxidation. Apparently it's somewhere between 20-35 calories multiplied by how many pounds of fat on your body. So if you're obese, you can do a 1500+ deficit before losing any muscle mass. Deficits over 1k are retarded if you're not very overweight

• Woah
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
  • Hmm...
No, get vitamin C. You don't wanna fuck with vitamin C deficiency
I hope it won't make me sick taking vitamins on an empty stomach is gross

There's some evidence it may not even be that simple. Apparently there's a fixed rate for adipose tissue oxidation. Apparently it's somewhere between 20-35 calories multiplied by how many pounds of fat on your body. So if you're obese, you can do a 1500+ deficit before losing any muscle mass. Deficits over 1k are retarded if you're not very overweight
That does make sense your body would want to preserve a certain amount of fat regardless damn

That does make sense your body would want to preserve a certain amount of fat regardless damn
A limit on the energy transfer rate from the human fat store in hypophagia

This is the name of the paper. It's a very niche area of study by some dude named Lyle something

22-30 calories is a rough estimate but good ballpark. Water fasting is retarded, risky for no reason since your body can't really burn that much fat at once if you're not obese

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 11126 and SubhumanCurrycel
A limit on the energy transfer rate from the human fat store in hypophagia

This is the name of the paper. It's a very niche area of study by some dude named Lyle something

22-30 calories is a rough estimate but good ballpark. Water fasting is retarded, risky for no reason since your body can't really burn that much fat at once if you're not obese
What about dry fasting?

If you lose the fat standing and very fat u will regain the fat easier and more than u have right now
Showing down ur tdee