how necessary are infras after bimax?

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
im getting trimax, my lefort 1 will be high cut so im not worried about the paranasal area. my surgeon offered to give me infras as well if i wanted them because i kept asking him about them.

my question is, how necessary are infras after bimax? will they really help your upper maxilla match the projection of the lower maxilla? or does it only ascend those with negative orbital vector? (i think mine is positive but i need to verify)

i can get them saddled too for the same price, and yes if i do get them i def will get RSM to design them

what's the verdict?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 33030
Bump wtf help me

if you’d want to enhance your cheekbones too then it would help.

My orbital vector is negative so I def need it. How much Le fort 1 advancement are you getting? If it’s significant then your cheekbones might look recessed compared to upper jaw. But I doubt something like 3mm lf1 would negatively affect how the upper maxilla looks

• +1
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese and Deleted member 19766
if you’d want to enhance your cheekbones too then it would help.

My orbital vector is negative so I def need it. How much Le fort 1 advancement are you getting? If it’s significant then your cheekbones might look recessed compared to upper jaw. But I doubt something like 3mm lf1 would negatively affect how the upper maxilla looks
i think my cheekbones are decent, but maybe theyll look worse after i get my advancements.

my advancement is about 4.5mm

how risky is lefort 1?

im getting trimax, my lefort 1 will be high cut so im not worried about the paranasal area. my surgeon offered to give me infras as well if i wanted them because i kept asking him about them.

my question is, how necessary are infras after bimax? will they really help your upper maxilla match the projection of the lower maxilla? or does it only ascend those with negative orbital vector? (i think mine is positive but i need to verify)

i can get them saddled too for the same price, and yes if i do get them i def will get RSM to design them

what's the verdict?
send surgeons @ you fucking jew

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: It'snotover, sportsmogger and bradpittshairline
mortality is high. even if it succeeds you will still be subhuman.
well good im too inhib to even get regular bimax so ill tread carefully.

what's the verdict?
bimax has barely any affect on your infraorbitals however can encourage maxilla to ascend higher giving the illusion of better orbirtal suppourt. regardless infras are crucial. your harmony will be ruined if you don't get infras.

Have you spoken to Giant? Maybe try to get his thoughts on it.

I can't speak to your case specifically, but they will 100% be necessary in mine. My bite is perfect, but I have horribly recessed infras and 0 cheekbones. If I were to just get a lefort 1, it would draw even more attention to their deficiency. So, just my uneducated greycel opinion, but I think if you're decently recessed they might be a good addition. Definitely something worth asking your surgeon if they know what they're talking about.

Who's the one who is known for good infras again? Was it Pagnoni?

it depends on how much you wanna advance

Also, in my case I won’t be getting them at the same time as the bimax. I feel like bimax is already a big surgery and I want to focus on it, both for the planning and the recovery. After I’ll reassess and see what I do.