how noticeable is this jaw asymmetry in motion/irl ?

alligatordude

alligatordude

serious poster
nick jonas selfie
his jaw is noticably bigger on the right if you were to draw a vertical asymptote on the exterior of cheekbones

do you know anyone who has this kind of asymmetry in real life and did you only notice it by looking at a picture or did you notice it in motion?

or just what is your overall thoughts

• +1
Reactions: CristianT
Asymmetry isn't real, it's an illusion.

• +1
Reactions: cutecel
not noticeable. the only person who noticed it was my gf and it’s only bc she has the same thing. if people don’t notice on it themselves they won’t it on other people.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Hades, cutecel, DianabolDownie and 3 others
not noticeable. the only person who noticed it was my gf and it’s only bc she has the same thing. if people don’t notice on it themselves they won’t it on other people.

yeah i have it too, i was aspie and asked my co workers who are girls if they ever noticed my jaw assymetry and eye assymetry (my jaw assymetry is exactly like nick jonas, and my eyes are where one is neutral canthal tilt, and the other one is negative canthal tilt) and they said they never ever noticed it.

i think 2d pictures really exaggerates asymmetries in general and i think if you're assymetrical and have good forward growth/have a masculine look that you are fine in motion, just dont take upclose straight pictures with cameras i guess.

and you're right about if someone has the same thing and are aware of it, they are more prone to noticing it on other people.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846 and Deleted member 3573
It doesn't seem like much here although I notice it on myself and I think everyone does for themselves. In motion, people don't notice, even I don't. And this goes for all minor asymmetries where you yourself have to look carefully to see it in a reversed image or photo. Symmetry is cope for stuff like this

• +1
Reactions: Jetty and alligatordude
@PrettyBoyMaxxing also did you notice it on your girlfriend before you dated her since you have the same thing, or did you only notice it when she brought it up?

Someone said in motion asymmetries are unnotciable like in pictures unless it’s very severe

I mean even with all the people I talk to see I never ever noticed assumetry except once which was super obvious

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
Someone said in motion asymmetries are unnotciable like in pictures unless it’s very severe

I mean even with all the people I talk to see I never ever noticed assumetry except once which was super obvious
What asymmetries are most noticeable you think?
and i think our brains are just naturally programmed to not care about minor asymmetries in the real world (hows its meant to be if we didnt have technology) , our brains subconsciously ignore them since its very human to have it and most people have them to an extent.

@PrettyBoyMaxxing also did you notice it on your girlfriend before you dated her since you have the same thing, or did you only notice it when she brought it up?
no, never. i only noticed it when she smiled with her teeth on top of each other.

no one has commented on my lazy eye, though. i have slight ptosis in one eye that no one has directed pointed out but i’ve had close to a dozen comments irl on how tired/sleepy/high/“are your eyes open?” “how much sleep did u get?” my eye area looks so it’s definitely a subconscious flaw to ppl.

• +1
Reactions: alligatordude
Asymmetry isn't real, it's an illusion.

Depends on how we define symmetry. Symmetry and asymmetry is real if we're talking about human faces, because that's simply how we describe the jawbone sitting higher or lower, compared to the other side.

Nobody, not a single organism that ever existed was perfectly symmetrical on a microscoping level. But in the human definition of symmetry, some faces are 'perfectly symmetrical'. Atleast to the point where an eye couldn't detect any asymmetries and that's what is relevant to us.

Generally, the closer you get to an object, the more apparent the flaws become.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
Depends on how we define symmetry. Symmetry and asymmetry is real if we're talking about human faces, because that's simply how we describe the jawbone sitting higher or lower, compared to the other side.

Nobody, not a single organism that ever existed was perfectly symmetrical on a microscoping level. But in the human definition of symmetry, some faces are 'perfectly symmetrical'. Atleast to the point where an eye couldn't detect any asymmetries and that's what's relevant to us.

Generally, the closer you get to an object, the more apparent the flaws become.
i have a question/ want your input because something you said sparked a thought.

"Generally, the closer you get to an object, the more apparent the flaws become,"

You know how people, atleast i do, will look up fairly close in the mirror (1-2 cm away) and they are able to spot every little flaw, wrinkles, fine law, etc etc etc, because of how close you are to the mirror.

So my question is, what is the closest people get to your face on average to the point of where they are even able to see everything that you see on your self, or is it rare where someone will even get lets say 30-40cm or less to your face unless your making out with a girl.

edit: i feel like on average throughout all events(conversations, bars, hangouts, etc) of life we see people and people see us at around 1-1.5m away. or do you disagree
@PrettyBoyMaxxing

Last edited:
Jaw asymmetry is one of most noticable things irl

depends on how noticeable
one of the bigger woman models has jaw asymmetry and eye asymmetry, Barbara Palvin

Right jaw is bigger, and right eye is bigger
711960a04c839ff0fcca4094a56d8f24.png

https://gyazo.com/711960a04c839ff0fcca4094a56d8f24

i have a question/ want your input because something you said sparked a thought.

"Generally, the closer you get to an object, the more apparent the flaws become,"

You know how people, atleast i do, will look up fairly close in the mirror (1-2 cm away) and they are able to spot every little flaw, wrinkles, fine law, etc etc etc, because of how close you are to the mirror.

So my question is, what is the closest people get to your face on average to the point of where they are even able to see everything that you see on your self, or is it rare where someone will even get lets say 30-40cm or less to your face unless your making out with a girl.

edit: i feel like on average throughout all events(conversations, bars, hangouts, etc) of life we see people and people see us at around 1-1.5m away. or do you disagree
@PrettyBoyMaxxing

In a restaurant setting it's like 50cm. People judge the entire package though. Bad skin complexion, but a good jawline? All good. People don't expect everything about you to be perfect, but there's nothing wrong with striving for that by maxxxxing yo shit.

• +1
yeah i have it too, i was aspie and asked my co workers who are girls if they ever noticed my jaw assymetry and eye assymetry (my jaw assymetry is exactly like nick jonas, and my eyes are where one is neutral canthal tilt, and the other one is negative canthal tilt) and they said they never ever noticed it.

i think 2d pictures really exaggerates asymmetries in general and i think if you're assymetrical and have good forward growth/have a masculine look that you are fine in motion, just dont take upclose straight pictures with cameras i guess.
I'm very assymetrical but have above average bone structure so some women find me attractive

It's not noticeable. Unless it's very severe assymetry, caused by a stroke or something, it is never noticeable and has 0 impact on attractiveness

• +1
Looks like the same assymetry i have
I have unilateral masseter hypertrophy and my jaw looks like its uneven to one side

Except mine is a bit more severe

• +1
Reactions: alligatordude and Deleted member 3593
Looks like the same assymetry i have
I have unilateral masseter hypertrophy and my jaw looks like its uneven to one side

Except mine is a bit more severe

assymetric chin gang

• +1
Reactions: BigChinHispanic
assymetric chin gang
Yeah but im actually getting it fixed
Surgeon will move my jaw a some low mm to the left so it doesnt look crooked

Its called camouflage surgery

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3593