How people with acromegaly dont stop growing?

goat2x

goat2x

You are done son
They only stop growing when the tumor in their pituitary gland is removed.
Some of them are 30-40 and still grow in height
how the fuck? growth plates arent closed or what the fuck happens

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: IhateDentists, Slob, Deleted member 6401 and 3 others
idk. There was this guy apparently who was 145 cm at 18 because of dwarfism and when he got acromegaly he grew up to be 205 cm.

• +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: IhateDentists, Slob, FreakkForLife and 4 others
idk. There was this guy apparently who was 145 cm at 18 because of dwarfism and when he got acromegaly he grew up to be 205 cm.
I think he took mk677

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Growth Plate, Deleted member 21146, LostYouth and 15 others
ive read that a women in her 40s was still growing before the tumor removal

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 3832
You mean gigantism.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 3832
i dont know if we're talking about the same person but this is much more extreme:
at 19 he was 111cm/3'8, he later died at 51 measuring 234cm/7'8

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: IhateDentists, Deleted member 6401, Chadelite and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: BackFromTheMogging, Deleted member 6401 and goat2x
Would like to hear @Strike_Poseidon opinion on this

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Jesus Christ wtf lmao. 111 cm?
it's absolutely crazy. the article also says that he went from shoe size 10 to size 20 in only three years

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Chadelite, TheMewingBBC and 2 others
Fuarrrk I need acromegaly immediately
Reminder that such robust concrete skulls await you if you are ever blessed with it

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Slob, Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 6401 and 9 others
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Ocelot, Deleted member 6401, sloopnoob and 3 others
Fuarrrk I need acromegaly immediately
Reminder that such robust concrete skulls await you if you are ever blessed with it
View attachment 357026
Sorry fam but that's a bit too much don't you think? I mean if your goal is pure intimidation then I agree but your goal is attracting women so I don't think that would help.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, FutureMogger and Deleted member 2661
Sorry fam but that's a bit too much don't you think? I mean if your goal is pure intimidation then I agree but your goal is attracting women so I don't think that would help.
Chin bigger than forehead = life on godmode

• +1
Reactions: Slob, LostYouth, Deleted member 6401 and 5 others
Every manletcel’s wet dream

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall, Nabopolassar, Slob and 7 others
acromegaly is gigantism
It is not.
Gigantism refers to abnormally high linear growth due to excess IGF-1/GH while the epiphyseal plates are open. People with acromegaly basically suffer from the same thing (excessive secretion of IGF-1/GH) but when the growth plates are fused, so they can’t grow taller, instead the bones thicken. Acromegaly therefore only happens in adults.

• +1
Reactions: BackFromTheMogging, Deleted member 6401, SubhumanCurrycel and 2 others
It is not.
Gigantism refers to abnormally high linear growth due to excess IGF-1/GH while the epiphyseal plates are open. People with acromegaly basically suffer from the same thing (excessive secretion of IGF-1/GH) but when the growth plates are fused, so they can’t grow taller, instead the bones thicken. Acromegaly therefore only happens in adults.
found the exact sentence that you got from google lol

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 6401 and goat2x
It is not.
Yeah but sometimes someone with acromegaly grows in height too
This women was only 5'7 at 21 and she was a woman so high estrogen levels
she grew more than 1 feet after 21

• +1
Yeah but sometimes someone with acromegaly grows in height too
This women was only 5'7 at 21 and she was a woman so high estrogen levels
she grew more than 1 feet after 21
“Her gigantism was caused by a tumor on her pituitary gland but radiation and three surgeries”
They mention she had acromegaly and then mention she had gigantism not much later, lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and goat2x
“Her gigantism was caused by a tumor on her pituitary gland but radiation and three surgeries”
They mention she had acromegaly and then mention she had gigantism not much later, lol
at 21 especially she was a woman
idk

• +1
idk
Only people with gigantism experience linear growth, since they’ve still got growth plates allowing them to.
She must’ve had gigantism if she grew vertically.
idk
People with gigantism also often experience a delay in puberty.

• +1
As far as I've understood:
1)the tumor and/or the extreme release of gh cause the sex hormones to go near 0
2)their production of gh/igf-1 is not blunted by somatostin/glucose like a normal person

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Alexanderr
1)the tumor and/or the extreme release of gh cause the sex hormones to go near 0
2)their production of gh/igf-1 is not blunted by somatostin/glucose like a normal person
idk about the first but the second is wrong
the gh/igf1 levels are elavted because of the tumor

• +1
Is the first true true?

• +1
idk about the first but the second is wrong
the gh/igf1 levels are elavted because of the tumor
Is high,but it's not neutralized by those factors i mentioned,like it would be in a normal person,so it results in a lot more growth than normal
Is the first true true?
There is a correlation between acromegaly and hypogoniadism,so it's very likely

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Alexanderr
Is high,but it's not neutralized by those factors i mentioned,like it would be in a normal person,so it results in a lot more growth than normal

There is a correlation between acromegaly and hypogoniadism,so it's very likely
but thats not the main reason lmao

• +1
It
but thats not the main reason lmao
It contributes a lot,otherwise every professional bodybuilder and their dogs would look like Nikolaj Valuev

• +1
It

It contributes a lot,otherwise every professional bodybuilder and their dogs would look like Nikolaj Valuev
wtf are u talkin about lmao
pro bodybuilders doesnt take that much hgh as these guys got,they also have closed plates
"Pituitary GH-secreting adenomas are responsible for 98% of acromegaly and almost exclusively are benign "

• +1
The pituitary gland is what secretes hormones
Acromegaly is continuous hgh in their system
So they are gonna keep growing until that organ is removed

• +1
The pituitary gland is what secretes hormones
Acromegaly is continuous hgh in their system
So they are gonna keep growing until that organ is removed
ywah i know that
but how do they grow vertically
one user said that their puberty is delayed it might be that

• +1
wtf are u talkin about lmao
pro bodybuilders doesnt take that much hgh as these guys got,they also have closed plates
"Pituitary GH-secreting adenomas are responsible for 98% of acromegaly and almost exclusively are benign "
1)People can get in pseudo acromegaly range with 3 iu of pharma grade hgh,pros use at the very least 10 iu daily,this without considering the exogenous igf-1 and insulin
2)Even with closed growth plates,they should experience changes in thickness

Anyway,i'm not an expert on the subject,I think @Dyorotic2 can give the answer to this question better than most people on this site

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and goat2x
1)People can get in pseudo acromegaly range with 3 iu of pharma grade hgh,pros use at the very least 10 iu daily,this without considering the exogenous igf-1 and insulin
2)Even with closed growth plates,they should experience changes in thickness

Anyway,i'm not an expert on the subject,I think @Dyorotic2 can give the answer to this question better than most people on this site
I agree and also want to hear dyorotic2 opinion about why some people grow vertically at 21

• +1
Yeah, that’s how they test whether someone has gigantism/acromegaly as well.
ywah i know that
but how do they grow vertically
one user said that their puberty is delayed it might be that
They grow vertically because the GH/IGF-1 stimulates proliferation of the chondrocytes in your epiphyseal plates (growth plates) which allows them to grow vertically. (Basically the bone/cartilage just expands vertically, lengthening it).

If the epiphyseal plates are fused, it isn’t possible for the bones to grow taller so they just thicken instead.
The pituitary disorder seems to affect puberty by delaying it, which would allow for a greater time period of bone growth and ultimately increase adult height.

Reminder: only people with gigantism experience an increase in height, not people with acromegaly.

I agree and also want to hear dyorotic2 opinion about why some people grow vertically at 21
Because their fucking growth plates are still open and active? The answer is simple guys. They wouldn’t be able to grow taller if it wasn’t.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, WadlowMaxxing, Deleted member 1973 and 2 others
It is not.
that ain't how it works, taking HGH well only make you as tall as DNA will allow (cell cycle counter from DNA methyltransferase) that's why I say, people with gigantism have no form of regulation in their DNA methylation, they have hypermethylation which is why their growth plates pretty much never become inactive (senescence) and fuse, I will repeat this once last time to you all, you want to get taller than your DNA's cell cycle limit (loss of DNA methyltransferase in the resting zone), stop taking all of this HGH and IGF-1, all it'll do is stimulate proliferation which is good as long as your keeping your DNA methylation in check (not excessive to point of cancer), you don't need fucking 800ng/dl of IGF-1 to get taller, if that was true it should be IMPOSSIBLE to grow during puberty unless you have gigantism. I'm sure you all get the jist of what I am saying now.

I am studying biochemistry now as well for all u who are interested (even tho im still 15) it's too bad they didn't know about shit like this back then: http://genesdev.cshlp.org/content/18/9/1035.full.pdf. https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0019503

telomere lengths don't change significantly in the growth plate wth age, however DNA methylation does!

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, BasedSpinelet257, goat2x and 1 other person
They only stop growing when the tumor in their pituitary gland is removed.
Some of them are 30-40 and still grow in height
how the fuck? growth plates arent closed or what the fuck happens
Jesus acromegaly would benefit me so much.I am already having acromegalic pheno.Gotta blast hgh and T even more now.Pull ups,push ups and lots of hgh from now

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
that ain't how it works, taking HGH well only make you as tall as DNA will allow (cell cycle counter from DNA methyltransferase) that's why I say, people with gigantism have no form of regulation in their DNA methylation, they have hypermethylation which is why their growth plates pretty much never become inactive (senescence) and fuse, I will repeat this once last time to you all, you want to get taller than your DNA's cell cycle limit (loss of DNA methyltransferase in the resting zone), stop taking all of this HGH and IGF-1, all it'll do is stimulate proliferation which is good as long as your keeping your DNA methylation in check (not excessive to point of cancer), you don't need fucking 800ng/dl of IGF-1 to get taller, if that was true it should be IMPOSSIBLE to grow during puberty unless you have gigantism. I'm sure you all get the jist of what I am saying now.

I am studying biochemistry now as well for all u who are interested (even tho im still 15) it's too bad they didn't know about shit like this back then: http://genesdev.cshlp.org/content/18/9/1035.full.pdf. https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0019503

telomere lengths don't change significantly in the growth plate wth age, however DNA methylation does!
so you need igf1 hgh and what to keep methylation in check ?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4946
Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and BasedSpinelet257