How realistic is learning about stocks (probably day trading) and earning money with it at 17?

D

Deleted member 685

Kraken
I just need money, there's nothing worse than realizing you have major flaws at a young age like me (17, nosecel) and having such a hard time earning money. I just got done from the supermarket where I was working for 7 hours straight and earned 35 euros.

Soon I'll have around 2.5k euros on my bank account. I wanna invest in stocks with that money

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5891, Got the hunter eyes and ChaddeusPeuterschmit
Do anything but day trading

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2012, Deleted member 5694, Aizen and 6 others
  • +1
Reactions: Aizen, Kade, Deleted member 3202 and 3 others
you can invest now, corona made it possible for poorfags

• +1
Reactions: Kade and turkproducer
lost 2k in 2 days, absolutely over

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2275, hairyballscel, Petsmart and 19 others
I just need money, there's nothing worse than realizing you have major flaws at a young age like me (17, nosecel) and having such a hard time earning money. I just got done from the supermarket where I was working for 7 hours straight and earned 35 euros.

Soon I'll have around 2.5k euros on my bank account. I wanna invest in stocks with that money
invest in companies with certain future growth like KFC, amazon and ebay.
You can't get wrong

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Chadelite and Deleted member 685
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
dedsrs ? damn bro
73C62D1C F187 4A3D 9A49 993004BC2CC0
:feelswhy:

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: looksmaxxtocope, Vidyacoper, Deleted member 470 and 2 others
what app do you use dude ? looking to get into stock trading
robinhood if u get it lmk and we can both get a free stock

Vaccine companies if u wanna day trade tbh

• +1
Reactions: ChaddeusPeuterschmit
Crude oil it at it's lowest right now and obviously it won't stay in that range forever, it's fucking oil, niggas go to war over that shit.

Some that used to be 20-50 dollars are now 1-2 dollars, clean opportunity. You can't always be too certain when it comes to the stock market but in a year span from now I don't see how you can not yield at least a 10x profit
So swing trading? I just need money
Yeah don't day trade. Wait for a nice entry, hold, and when you hit a 100% return exit and repeat. Read up on the company and understand the circumstances that could decrease or increase a company's value

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: StressShady, Kade, Patient A and 12 others
Crude oil it at it's lowest right now and obviously it won't stay in that range forever, it's fucking oil, niggas go to war over that shit.

Some that used to be 20-50 dollars are now 1-2 dollars, clean opportunity. You can't always be too certain when it comes to the stock market but in a year span from now I don't see how you can not yield at least a 10x profit

Yeah don't day trade. Wait for a nice entry, hold, and when you hit a 100% return exit and repeat. Read up on the company and understand the circumstances that could decrease or increase a company's value
Can you name some that are worth investing pls :) :feelsgiga:

• Love it
Reactions: RAITEIII

noob question but which app to trade and what company for the oil bro?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: RAITEIII and Almu
Not now, we're going into the biggest crisis since world war 2

• +1
Reactions: MadMong, HighIQcel, stuckneworleans and 2 others
Can you name some that are worth investing pls :) :feelsgiga:
I bought trgp because I like how broad their operations are and they had a stable prices prior to the corona and Saudi Russia situation.
I didn't read on OilU but they were a fucking dollar and call premiums we're pennies so I bought some expiring next year just for the hell of it.
There are like five company I wrote down that are good some of them better than trgp so I will let you know
noob question but which app to trade and what company for the oil bro?
Webull, TD Ameritrade, Charles Schwab, e-trade, fidelity...
I use webull, etrade, and Robinhood
Edit: my bad for the typos

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Patient A, Arkantos, Chadelite and 3 others
I bought trgp because I like how broad their operations are and they had a stable prices were prior to the corona and Saudi Russia situation.
I didn't read on OilU but they were a fucking dollars and call premiums we're pennies do I bought some expiring next year just for the hell of it.
There are like five company I wrote down that are good or better than trgp so I will let you know

Webull, TD Ameritrade, Charles Schwab, e-trade, fidelity...
I use webull, etrade, and ribinhood
Do you think I should wait a little more for investing and thanks

Over if you don't buy BTC at 5k :forcedsmile:

• +1
Reactions: JMax and Deleted member 470
Do you think I should wait a little more for investing and thanks
I don’t know, I’m no psychic but I heard the best way to buy in times like this is in increments. So say you want to invest 1,000 right, you would invest 200 or 100 every week for the next 5 or 10 weeks respectively. You get the average overall

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Kade, PubertyMaxxer, turkproducer and 1 other person
I don’t know, I’m no psychic but I heard the best way to buy in times like this is in increments. So say you want to invest 1,000 right, you would invest 200 or 100 every week for the next 5 or 10 weeks respectively. You get the average overall
Thats High IQ

• +1
Reactions: turkproducer, RAITEIII and TheMewingBBC
Bump

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
Don’t fucking day trade. You’ll lose so much money. Do your due diligence and invest in companies that show good future growth potential over the next few months or years. Whether that be companies in industries that are taking a major hit right now but will rebound after the crisis is over. Or crypto. Or even companies that could benefit from the virus causing people to stay inside (food delivery services for instance).

Also most importantly: don’t invest money you can’t afford to lose. Specifically if you’re not putting it into blue chip stocks. And be patient with your returns and don’t overreact to dips if you have reason to believe it’ll go up in the long run.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kade, Seth Walsh, Fear and 3 others
Also most importantly: don’t invest money you can’t afford to lose.
By far the most important lesson. This rule comes first, no matter how knowledgeable or skillful you become.
@Gudru if you want to invest x amount and you really really believe it will yield profits, if you can't say in your mind ”im ready to loss all of x amount no matter what happens” confidently, don't invest

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685, Chadelite and Morpheus

fuark you is high iq ngl, i knew from ur god tier money thread

u should make an updated thread on stocks and trading only, not coin or e whoring or any other way.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Hector, TheMewingBBC and forwardgrowth
Thats when I started it, and do it professionally now

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Vidyacoper, Deleted member 685, RAITEIII and 1 other person
lost 2k in 2 days, absolutely over
I barely even know what trading is, but stuff like this keeps me from ever bothering to do my research.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: StressShady and HighIQcel
I barely even know what trading is, but stuff like this keeps me from ever bothering to do my research.
I mean corona is the cause of it, I was up 2k before this unexpected shit turn

I think it’s worth if you have a little extra money you can put aside, and stocks are fun to watch and I have nothing to do so it’s good for that

What have you started with
Long story short I made a buncha money from poker in HS and college and my best friend started trading as a teen so I got exposed through him. He taught me the basics and I used my sperg analystical mind to come up strategies based off technical analysis. Took a chunk of my poker winnings and started day trading leveraged ETFs and it went from there.

By law I had to start with at least $25k cause I was in a margin account, but I used a lot more than this minimum.

Then again each trade cost like 9 bucks so the commissions ate up a lot of your capital, thankfully you can trade for free nowadays

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, Got the hunter eyes, Kade and 3 others
Told you guys to look at food delivery services! Sold WTRH at $1.83 a share after buying it for .30 a couple days ago!

Made an easy $1100. That’s going straight to the genio fund.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2275, Chadelite, mido the slayer and 6 others
Told you guys to look at food delivery services! Sold WTRH at $1.83 a share after buying it for .30 a couple days ago!

It's just not smart for me to invest yet, man. I'm 17 and I realy just don't have the knowledge for this stuff yet. Need to do some good learning and go through everything and I'll be alright. @Seth Walsh also talked about this.

It's just not smart for me to invest yet, man. I'm 17 and I realy just don't have the knowledge for this stuff yet. Need to do some good learning and go through everything and I'll be alright. @Seth Walsh also talked about this.

Here's a summary playlist of some good books on stock buying and trading. I highly recommend reading the first five books in the playlist, you can find free pdf books on them through a Google search. They got the audio version on youtube as well

• +1
Reactions: Got the hunter eyes, LordNorwood, PrisonMike and 4 others
Yeah I agree there. Don’t invest until you’re ready. Study up and get some savings that you can afford to put into the market without needing to pull out any time soon.

• +1
Reactions: ChaddeusPeuterschmit, Deleted member 3202 and Deleted member 685

For a forum called Looksmax, a crucial consideration has been overlooked:
Trading, more particularly daytrading, will kill your looks.
I traded to support myself for a few years in my 20s.
I enjoyed, overall, some success.
I had many wild days where I made $2,000, $5,000, $17,000.
Days where I went out and bought a car with the money I had just made.
But I definitely paid a price: my hair grayed early, my eyes became sunken, and my skin looked like shit.
The stress cannibalized a large chunk of that limited quantity of biological youthfulness we are all allotted.
I spent the the next few years repairing the damage.

• +1
Reactions: GreenHat500, Got the hunter eyes, PrisonMike and 4 others
But I definitely paid a price: my hair grayed early, my eyes became sunken, and my skin looked like shit.
The stress cannibalized a large chunk of that limited quantity of biological youthfulness we are all allotted.
your current age?

Fuck...it's at $2.40 now. I sold too soon lol.

I disagree with this. That was most likely just normal aging that you would've undergone anyways. You can't directly attribute those things to stress. Diet, exercise, skincare, and having a forward grown maxilla that prevents skin sag are all much more important factors.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Vidyacoper and Deleted member 685
It's over for stockcels.

• +1
Reactions: looksmaxxtocope
how does it works can i start by investing sall amount of money like 10 dollars? or 100
to me it sounds like betting

I disagree with this. That was most likely just normal aging that you would've undergone anyways. You can't directly attribute those things to stress.

No. I can certainly attribute it all to the stress. After retiring, my hair color gradually came back but my periorbital fat was absolutely annihilated. My skincare regimen remained the same throughout and after. I look younger many years later now than I did then.

Diet, exercise, skincare, and having a forward grown maxilla that prevents skin sag are all much more important factors.

I took care of all these things religiously, and have for many years without interruption.
I didn't say anything about skin sagging, it's just that my complexion looked terrible.

In any event, while I can only speak for myself, and while maybe I have particularly abysmal biological sensitivity to stress, a life of trading wouldn't be good for almost anyone's looks.

• +1
Reactions: Vidyacoper
You have the nose for it.

Everyone wants to "become" a trader now when they get one notion of unsubstantiated potential expedience. Start trading now and lose money. The best advice in current circumstances is to stop trading if you've been trading already, long-term. Unless you literally need to be trading, don't trade. The only people trading are people who are trying to get out of underwater positions or gamblers with no risk management. But the latter will be dead broke by the end of the month. It's a shame there's unlimited new people wanting to be fucked in the ass.

Does seeing footballers get salary bonuses make you think "damn - how can I sign for PSG in 24hrs with minimum effort and earn $700k a week like Neymar? Can anyone write a guide on how to learn to do this?"

No. Because you know that scenario is one of the most unrealistic things possible. Unfortunately, people are unaware of how unrealistic and dangerous this proposed "opportunity" is - and it's a fantasy situation only being prompted by internet charlatans on random forums. Go ask a professional in real life if you should invest your money in one of the most dangerously volatile markets in history, and you'll get the answer you don't want.

You can't just jump on the pitch in the Champions League final, expect to walk around, be a nuisance, and then get PAID after :lul:

You'd get arrested, beat up, embarrassed, and taught not to ever do that again.

• +1
Reactions: PrisonMike, Fear and Deleted member 685
Everyone wants to "become" a trader now when they get one notion of unsubstantiated potential expedience. Start trading now and lose money. The best advice in current circumstances is to stop trading if you've been trading already, long-term. Unless you literally need to be trading, don't trade. The only people trading are people who are trying to get out of underwater positions or gamblers with no risk management. But the latter will be dead broke by the end of the month. It's a shame there's unlimited new people wanting to be fucked in the ass.

Does seeing footballers get salary bonuses make you think "damn - how can I sign for PSG in 24hrs with minimum effort and earn $700k a week like Neymar? Can anyone write a guide on how to learn to do this?"

No. Because you know that scenario is one of the most unrealistic things possible. Unfortunately, people are unaware of how unrealistic and dangerous this proposed "opportunity" is - and it's a fantasy situation only being prompted by internet charlatans on random forums. Go ask a professional in real life if you should invest your money in one of the most dangerously volatile markets in history, and you'll get the answer you don't want.

You can't just jump on the pitch in the Champions League final, expect to walk around, be a nuisance, and then get PAID after :lul:

You'd get arrested, beat up, embarrassed, and taught not to ever do that again.
Right but what about things like crude oil which just hit bottom low and seems to be slowly going up now.

Shouldn't be THAT risky to invest in it, that shit is gonna go up. It's oil.

Right but what about things like crude oil which just hit bottom low and seems to be slowly going up now.

Shouldn't be THAT risky to invest in it, that shit is gonna go up. It's oil.
Even if you invest in ANYTHING at the EXACT bottom, your capital is so small that even if that ideal scenario played out and you managed to guess the exact bottom price, you still wouldn't have earned anything significant. And if you had millions of euro, you wouldn't have even attempted to do what you would've with 100 or 1000 euro. Trade the right way. The amount of money you have should not affect your cognitions and emotions. If you want to take some unquantifiable gamble, then I really don't care about talking you out of it.

Even if you invest in ANYTHING at the EXACT bottom, your capital is so small that even if that ideal scenario played out and you managed to guess the exact bottom price, you still wouldn't have earned anything significant. And if you had millions of euro, you wouldn't have even attempted to do what you would've with 100 or 1000 euro. Trade the right way. The amount of money you have should not affect your cognitions and emotions. If you want to take some unquantifiable gamble, then I really don't care about talking you out of it.
I just need the money for surgery, man. That's all so like 20-50k

I have 2k on my bank rn, could use it for anything. I don't need it any time soon

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
I just need the money for surgery, man. That's all so like 20-50k

I have 2k on my bank rn, could use it for anything. I don't need it any time soon
Would you need it if you lose it all?