How They Measure For BIMAX

randomvanish

randomvanish

České srdce, otevřené všem!
With calculation like frankfurt plane etc., i'm not recessed at all BUT i'm not sure i have enough forward growth.

So, aesthetically, how can measure what i need for the best ?

How are you going to convice your doctor to give you bimax if youre not recessed?

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Chintuck22, never_lucky, Yerico7 and 4 others
Just blackmail your maxfac theory
not really. some doctors are strictly against aesthetic surgeries when it comes to bimax etc. some are not.

however, that's not what the thread about

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and Danish_Retard
not really. some doctors are strictly against aesthetic surgeries when it comes to bimax etc. some are not.

however, that's not what the thread about
my bad for derailing:feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh:

It's not just about cephalometric mesure
There are standards like SNA, SNB angle

But you can have good cephalometric saying ur not recessed and look recessed irl.

That's why i read sleep apnea studies and cephalometricly some of them are in the range
Aesthetic is not just number, it's harmony

But there are some studies based on purely cosmetic mesure, like Alfaro Fernandes use this line ⬇️

Attachments

• 71648397-A925-442E-97C4-E227415EDAC3.png
    71648397-A925-442E-97C4-E227415EDAC3.png
    373.2 KB · Views: 46
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and randomvanish

But you can have good cephalometric saying ur not recessed and look recessed irl.

That's why i read sleep apnea studies and cephalometricly some of them are in the range

But there are some studies based on purely cosmetic mesure, like Alfaro Fernandes use this line ⬇️
elab more

Jaw that matches nasion almost always looks decent ngl. You risk looking like a monkey if you go above that and don't have top tier brow ridge and upper maxilla.

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger
elab more
Above:
1) Steiner Analysis, it's studied by maxillo facial surgeon, SNA determine position of maxilla, 82 is standard

2) Its Alfaro Ernandez specific plane he use for aesthetic , he don't care about SNA

He said in his conference that his patient after surgery have long face from a cephalometric standard. But you look at them they look really good

And i consulted many surgeon for my bimax, bluepilled one used cephalometruc without looking my face. And the one who were blackpilled told me he don't look at mesûrement but face, mesurement it's just a reference

Attachments

• FE022B40-B3A3-4D6A-A1DA-174927CAFD84.jpeg
    FE022B40-B3A3-4D6A-A1DA-174927CAFD84.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 051C66CA-CB3C-4E9C-89AC-F69E78330FB6.jpeg
    051C66CA-CB3C-4E9C-89AC-F69E78330FB6.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 1F1E35DF-4725-4DB5-B23C-B668FF34473A.jpeg
    1F1E35DF-4725-4DB5-B23C-B668FF34473A.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Love it
Reactions: Chintuck22, Pumanator and randomvanish
Above:
1) Steiner Analysis, it's studied by maxillo facial surgeon, SNA determine position of maxilla, 82 is standard

2) Its Alfaro Ernandez specific plane he use for aesthetic , he don't care about SNA

He said in his conference that his patient after surgery have long face from a cephalometric standard. But you look at them they look really good

And i consulted many surgeon for my bimax, bluepilled one used cephalometruc without looking my face. And the one who were blackpilled told me he don't look at mesûrement but face, mesurement it's just a reference
glad to hear if you know anything more or share links with this topic. thx

• +1
Would take a much simpler approach. From a skeletal standpoint it's hard to objectively tell if you are "recessed" when you have a class 1 occlusion. Dr Z showed me an x ray of a patient that didn't look particularly recessed for a caucasian. However, the actual photo looked severely recessed.

For class 1 patients, soft tissue is where the discussion is centered. Concave/convex philtrum, facial folds, nose shape, philtrum/chin position relative to nasion are what helps to decide if a purely aesthetically motivated bimax would make sense.

• +1
Reactions: valhalar
Btw, when you're trying to motivate a maxfac to do bimax on you with money you will undergo an adverse selection process: only those maxfacs without ethics will remain and offer you bimax and those are 1. not the best ones and 2nd thise who will drop you the quickest when they fuck you up.
So this is an extremely retarded strategy.

People need to understand that bimax, as a non recessed, functional person, is just retarded. I've written with so many autists who were turned down for bimax by Z and probably very rightfully so.

• +1
Would take a much simpler approach. From a skeletal standpoint it's hard to objectively tell if you are "recessed" when you have a class 1 occlusion. Dr Z showed me an x ray of a patient that didn't look particularly recessed for a caucasian. However, the actual photo looked severely recessed.
how can this be happen? can you show an example or the actual photo of that?

Btw, when you're trying to motivate a maxfac to do bimax on you with money you will undergo an adverse selection process: only those maxfacs without ethics will remain and offer you bimax and those are 1. not the best ones and 2nd thise who will drop you the quickest when they fuck you up.
So this is an extremely retarded strategy.
i actually don't plan anything. all i know i'm not recessed, bite is aligned, no malloclusion or ortognatic problems.

however, i've read that they can offer small amount of bimax advancement for aesthetic purposes only.

as you mentioned earlier, even though i'm not recessed by measurement i look like i don't haven enough forward growth. i just wanna know what would be the exact measurement to be look like a , let's say a male model.

i actually don't plan anything. all i know i'm not recessed, bite is aligned, no malloclusion or ortognatic problems.

however, i've read that they can offer small amount of bimax advancement for aesthetic purposes only.

as you mentioned earlier, even though i'm not recessed by measurement i look like i don't haven enough forward growth. i just wanna know what would be the exact measurement to be look like a , let's say a male model.
Studies have shown that you need at least 4mm of change in your face/jaw position so that people will recognize a difference. A small amount is probably right around that number, maybe a tad bit higher.
Is it worth it to undergo the risks, costs, and time for a mere 4-5mm? Or could you use invisaligns to push your teeth out a little (~2mm), use lip fillers and lifts/genioplasty and fat grafts for a similar effect? Maybe a rhino on top of that? Is still cheaper and way less risky... I've been approved for Bimax BUT orthos have fucked up my maxilla during 7 (!) years of torturous treatment. Eye area is fucked too thanks to these idiots🤦‍♂️

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Chintuck22 and randomvanish
could you use invisaligns to push your teeth out a little (~2mm)
another problem, i have small teeth but they are aligned too. so i'm planning to get lumineers, since it can only save small teeth.

i'm sorry for your tragic experience on orthodontic treatment.

• +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad