How to actually be successful wrt making money

SwollenNotSwole

SwollenNotSwole

If the world hates you, know it hated me first
No idea how to talk to girls I spend my free time doom-scrolling and getting plastic surgery...but I know plenty about how to make money. 25: (300k/year cash; ~400k liquid assets, ~2M illiquid equity)....among my peers and people I work with, this is a slightly below average outcome.

First I'll give you some grifts you can use to make 10k or 50k a year. For those more ambitious, at the end i'll give you a fully hedged path you can follow to ensure you can be in the arena.

10k:
All you need to do is find discrepancies between your local markets and eBay/Amazon. Some examples of this strategy...
1) buy cheap (or even free) stuff on fb marketplace/Craigslist and fix or sell it on eBay.
2) Use brickseek to find heavily discounted items at walmart and then sell them on amazon.

**Sometimes there is a cyclical shortage - PS5s or GPUs a few years ago- and you can make 5k in a few days by just buying them all at your local store**

50k:
You will set up a service business which doesn't require any customer acquisition. This is highly dependent on YOUR skillset but some examples...
1) Breed pets (rare reptiles); grow collectable plants in backyard (succulents)
2) You buy cars on Craiglist (m3/mx5) and fix them and sell them back at a higher price
3) You buy broken stuff (Herman miller chairs, Ps5s) and repair them and sell them

If you actually want to make lots of money (1M +/yr) 99% of people I know did the following
> In high school, win prestigious awards like Regeneron STS, USAMO, MIT RSI etc....if you do this you'll be pretty much guaranteed a spot at a top college..​
> At Princeton or wherever, read lots of interesting books and learn about an accelerating industry (these are the sectors that get a bunch of venture capital funding. In 2024 this would be defense-tech, AI agents, etc.). It also wouldn't hurt to befriend a few jews at this step srs.​
> Get a Job either trading companies (P.E., Hedge Funds, VC, Quant Shop) or making companies (founder, Big tech wagie). If you're a true money-chad, you can just raise funds directly from rich dudes and bypass the job entirely.​

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: looks>books and deepfuckingvalue
little disappointing after reading this thread, expected better info, not just water

Does 10k and 50k method works if you live in a trash shitty place where no one is gonna buy ur shits?

"repair them and sell them" (how the fuck do you repair a broken PS5 or herman miller chair without some expert knowledge, specialized tools, or materials and expenses?)

"then sell them on amazon."

"sell it on eBay."

" You buy cars on Craiglist (m3/mx5) and fix them and sell them back at a higher price"

I don't where you live, but where I am, it's hard as fuck to find people who wants to buy your shits, let alone used and once broken shits.

Last edited: