How to actually lose weight (for advanced leanmaxxers)

yue

yue

Exponent
Everyone and their mother knows how to lose weight, one simply needs to eat less.
Yet, it's hard, especially as your bf% gets to around 15-12% losing more weight becomes a psychological battle, if you've ever experienced bingeing foods, you know what I'm talking about.

There are several solutions to the above quandary:
1. Debloating: Debloating of the water content in your face is obviously a short-term solution, the actual adipose tissue has remained unaffected, therefore it does not actually change your bf%
2. Weight-loss drugs: Something like ozempic to increase incretins can work, ideally though I would like not to mess with my hormone balance. As ultimately losing weight is a problem of intake.
3. Starving: Since weight is a problem of intake, lets solve that problem by cutting all intake. Just as an experiment. Well, I conducted this experiment on myself a few years ago, I didn't eat anything for six days just to see what would happen, unsurprisingly I lost a great amount of weight and looked quite lean at the end. Yay! right?

However, the psychological response absolutely wrecked me, I had very intense cravings to binge for the 3 days after breaking my fast, and for the next 5 months I couldn't even think about leaning out again without having a psychologically averse reaction to it.

4. Maximizing mentals: Everything to do with weight loss is mental, the act of counting calories is a mental tax on you, it makes eating an autistic endeavor. Cravings and the feeling of punishing yourself by leaning out are mental taxes on you, ultimately you must frame your mindset in the right way in order to lose weight.

Here's the secret sauce, the best way to frame your mindset is to find something you enjoy, it could be a video game, it could be literally anything, and then you simply need to obsess over it, spend every waking hour and minute obsessing over whatever it is you've chosen, and you'll no longer care about eating.

This is how drug addicts can lean out so strikingly, this is how select artists or other devotees to their craft can work for hours without thinking about a meal.

Last edited: