How to Choose the Right Fillers For Your Face

Rasputin

Rasputin

Gold
Which Filler Is Right For You?

Brands:

Juvéderm & Restylane

Products:

Juvéderm Voluma XC, Juvéderm Ultra XC, Juvéderm Volbella XC, Juvéderm Vollure XC, Juvéderm XC

Restalyane, Restalyane Defyne, Restalyane Refyne, Restalyane Lyft, Restalyane Sylk

Injection Areas:

Cheekbones

“The cheekbones generally need more of a lift than the lower face. Therefore, we would use a filler with a high G Prime and particle size, such as Juvéderm Voluma XC, Restylane Lyft, or even Juvéderm Ultra XC if the skin is thin.”

“Juvéderm Voluma XC via blunt-tip cannula. It’s a thick filler, so it adds structure and support. It is also the longest-lasting HA filler (up to 2 years), so it is the best financial investment for this region.”

Chin

“The chin usually needs projection from underneath, for which Juvéderm Ultra XC or Restylane Lyft may be used.”

“Juvéderm Voluma XC via needle. Like [the] cheeks, it’s thick, which is great for structure, and again, it is the longest-lasting HA filler.”

Nasolabial folds

“Nasolabial folds usually need a finer particle-size and have an easier flow. Therefore, Restylane, Juvéderm XC, or Juvéderm Vollure XC may be utilized, depending upon the patients’ needs.”

“Juvéderm Vollure XC. A lot of times the nasolabial folds actually refer to two things: The 'shadowing' next to the nostril (called 'deep pyriform space' or 'Ristow's space') created by loss of soft tissue and bony volume in this area, and the deep crease or superficial wrinkle that extends from this area down to the corner of the mouth. Assuming you have to address both of these areas, I consider Juvéderm Vollure XC a 'hybrid' filler that can do both deep and superficial work. It also lasts 18 months, which is a nice bonus.”

Lips

“Depending upon the desired aesthetic result, Juvéderm Volbella XC may be used, or Restylane Refyne, or Juvéderm Ultra XC.”

“If I have to choose one, Juvéderm Volbella XC via a needle. Most of my patients want a natural, hydrated, augmented lip, and are rarely in the market for the Kardashian/Jenner effect. In these cases, I go with Juvéderm Volbella XC for two reasons: It comes in a 0.6cc syringe (instead of the typical 1cc syringes most other fillers come in), and patients generally don’t need more than this in their lips. It is soft and natural-looking and, most importantly, feeling. So, in kissing your partner, it is least likely to feel any different than a normal lip.

If someone really wants big lips, has super de-volumized lips, or needs me to build a lot of shape and structure, I opt for Juvéderm Ultra XC via needle. It is thicker than Juvéderm Volbella XC, and it loves water, so the lips can hold better shape and get super juicy.”

Jawline

“The jawline needs definition. Therefore, Juvéderm Ultra XC, Juvéderm Voluma XC, or Restylane Defyne may be used.”

“For posterior jawline (toward the angle of the jaw) I would use Juvéderm Voluma XC with a cannula or a needle. Posterior jawline, just like filling the chin and cheeks, is building onto bone.

For anterior jawline filler (toward the chin, also called the “post-jowl sulcus”) I would use Juvéderm Vollure XC with a cannula. Anterior jawline, which is just behind the chin, is very susceptible to smile-related movement. For this reason, I like to fill here at multiple depths to ensure it looks perfectly natural with movement. That’s why Juvdéderm Vollure XC, a great 'hybrid' filler, is perfect for this.”

Under-Eye/Tear Trough

“Tear troughs need a filler that will not draw in a ton of water, while also avoiding the Tyndall effect (the bluish tint under the skin). Therefore, Restylane is ideal for this area.”

“Restylane with a cannula. Under-eye filler is the most challenging in my hands, and the most overused in our industry. The most important consideration with under-eye filler is that a filler takes in as little water as possible (or, in technical terms, is relatively 'hydrophobic'). Otherwise you’ll trade under-eye hollows with bags made mostly of water. Restylane is relatively hydrophobic, and tends to look the most natural under the eyes in my hands.”

Font: https://www.byrdie.com/what-is-best-facial-filler-4687241

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: blatonslatt, I'mme, Ethnicsmatter and 2 others

i got chin fillers, how do i look?

• +1
Reactions: leloucheREBORN