How to combat my small frame? Look anorexic with clothes on. GYMCELS GTFIH

D

Deleted member 7313

LIT
Most people would recommend gymcelling but I'm just not fucking seeing it for me. I'm trying my best to improve my physique but with clothing I continuously look like I am skinny and don't work out at all. I'm sure other gymcels have the same problem. I've been working out for a little over a year and it seems like this is the best I can naturally do (120 lb at 5'8") which is extremely unfortunate. In the pic with a shirt on I even tried rolling up my sleeves to see if that helped and it did nothing. I guess @Yuyevon is right that it's extremely fucking difficult to look muscular in clothing natty. Is it hopeless or is there anything that can be done?

• +1
Reactions: ezio6, Deleted member 9568, Julius and 2 others
Just go shirtless out bruh

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Lolcel, Gaia262, Hero of the Imperium and 6 others
U look like a twink but u have 10/10 vascularity

its possible to be big in clothes natty but u will look bloated. Roided guys have lean arms and muscles look very full

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel, Deleted member 9568, TopzCat1 and 1 other person
Your upper chest is kinda undeveloped thats why it doest show. Also upper traps, back, and forearm. Especially the last one that's why you dont look that big.
Whats your workout routine?

• +1
Reactions: Strafe and Deleted member 7313
U look like a twink but u have 10/10 vascularity

its possible to be big in clothes natty but u will look bloated. Roided guys have lean arms and muscles look very full

Yeah I definitely don't want to gain body fat or get bloated, jfl would be fucking scary. My body is naturally at this limit at 120 pounds and I'm trying to increase without gaining fat but it's damn near impossible. People tell me to my body type is perfect for sports like wrestling, swimming, martial arts etc and I do those but jfl I don't care much about sports, just want to appear dom

Your upper chest is kinda undeveloped thats why it doest show. Also upper traps, back, and forearm. Especially the last one that's why you dont look that big.
Whats your workout routine?

No workout routine because corona, just home bodyweight workouts. I'll try to find some upper chest workouts I can do tho. Also can't really change my forearm size, I've tried doing as much as I can but it doesn't budge, I'm almost sure I've reached my genetic limit in a lot of my muscles

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3323
train traps and shoulders more

• +1
Reactions: Strafe and Deleted member 7313
No workout routine because corona, just home bodyweight workouts. I'll try to find some upper chest workouts I can do tho. Also can't really change my forearm size, I've tried doing as much as I can but it doesn't budge, I'm almost sure I've reached my genetic limit in a lot of my muscles
It's fine im doing calisthenics too. Work towards One arm chin up, it wonders to your forearm and grip strength. Upper chest and upper traps there's not too much you can do, you can learn planche push up but it will only hit your shoulders and lower chest. Do some shrugs with some heavy object at home but it's really boring.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7313
You have narrow clavicle, it's over

Just get some oversized shirts

• +1
Reactions: Lux

You can find a decent calisthenics workout routine online, don't just do random home workouts. Invest in a pullup bar and get a weight belt and some plates.

• +1
You need to wear smaller sizes or hop on testosterone for extra size.

I mean, why do weights when it is all about the face?

• JFL
Reactions: Lolcel
You need to wear smaller sizes or hop on testosterone for extra size.

Some one said to wear oversized shirts as well though. Since I do have a genetically small frame would that still work? Or how about really fitted clothing that accentuates muscularity.

• +1
Reactions: UNINVITED
Look into pike push ups instead of regular ones, they hit your upper chest better.
What helped me gain muscle during lockdown were these motherfuckers:
41FPayAwKSL AC SY400

Lots of pull ups and dips and my upper body started growing like crazy

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7313 and Deleted member 3323
Screenshot 20200629 213538

"120 lb at 5'8" - What do you expect?

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel and ChadRoneXL
Some one said to wear oversized shirts as well though. Since I do have a genetically small frame would that still work? Or how about really fitted clothing that accentuates muscularity.
Look bro you can do some advanced calisthenics to improve strength or maintain it but you will never get as big as a guy lifting spending the same time.
The key point to get big is to go heavy on the BASIC lifts: deadlift, squat, rows, vertical pull, bench, OHP, curls. You go heavy at these, eat rest enough 100% you'll get huge. But if you dont like it well just maxx on something else.

• +1
Reactions: Julius
Also OP your frame looks average to me...?
What's your bideltoid length?

i would consider gaining weight even if its fat and muscle, from what i know the most important aspect is that you fill out shoulders/chest/arms of a large shirt or whatever size youre wearing.
at this weight you might as well not work out at all, its completely useless. no one can see youre in shape as soon as you wear anything not short sleeved.
also your muscle insertions seem to be kinda shit, that doesnt help.

• +1
Over for you tbh. I was 5'9" 135lbs before I ever touched a weight. Now I'm in the 160s.

Don’t ever wear oversized with your small frame. Fitted clothing, preferably guess, armani, CK when you want to impress. Otherwise Zara/H&M for casual dress. The fit is so fucking important as a natty. Even Zyzz on tren used to size down and even wear women’s track pants, cardigans etc for a slimmer, more snug fit and he was over 1 gram of gear a week.

LET ME PARAPHRASE: NEVER SIZE UP AS A NATTY, ALWAYS SIZE DOWN. THE FIT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT AS YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR FRAME. A SMALL FRAME IN AN OVERSIZED T-SHIRT IS STILL A SMALL FRAME IN AN OVER SIZED TSHIRT

• +1
Reactions: ezio6, middayshowers and Deleted member 7313
i would consider gaining weight even if its fat and muscle, from what i know the most important aspect is that you fill out shoulders/chest/arms of a large shirt or whatever size youre wearing.
at this weight you might as well not work out at all, its completely useless. no one can see youre in shape as soon as you wear anything not short sleeved.
also your muscle insertions seem to be kinda shit, that doesnt help.
This, but try to do a lean bulk to minimize fat gain. Looking big in clothes is less important than having a lean face

• +1
Look into pike push ups instead of regular ones, they it your upper chest better.
What helped me gain muscle during lockdown were these motherfuckers:
View attachment 481672
Lots of pull ups and dips and my upper body grew like crazy

Ah bet. I can tell, there's a ton of workouts you can do with those rings and pullup bars. I've tried doing pullups, chinups, dips etc with things in my home but it's just sofas and chairs, doesn't really workout well.

View attachment 481673
"120 lb at 5'8" - What do you expect?

There's no way the average woman is 170 lb - that's insane. I don't think I could reach that with steroids. Without working out, my natural bodyweight fluctuated around 108 lb.

Look bro you can do some advanced calisthenics to improve strength or maintain it but you will never get as big as a guy lifting spending the same time.
The key point to get big is to go heavy on the BASIC lifts: deadlift, squat, rows, vertical pull, bench, OHP, curls. You go heavy at these, eat rest enough 100% you'll get huge. But if you dont like it well just maxx on something else.

Yeah, gotchu man. Genetics are my biggest enemy here, but oh well. If I do ever become able to do one armed pullups and stuff like that, max out on my deadlifts and etc when I go back to the gym and improve. I'm sure my body will improve enough to where I'll be satisfied with it even if I'm smaller than the average man.

Over for you tbh. I was 5'9" 135lbs before I ever touched a weight. Now I'm in the 160s.

Yep, it's interesting. I see other 5'8" 120 lb people and they look like pencils and it's interesting how our body's work. I remember telling my friend (5'10" 190, pretty muscular but nothing crazy) my weight and we arm wrestled and were pretty even LOL. It's some poor mans Bruce Lee type shit with my body.

Also OP your frame looks average to me...?
What's your bideltoid length?

I tried looking up how to measure it, but I can't find anything. I'll try it though. Do you know any pages that show how?

• +1
Reactions: Julius
You look fine. The truth is that you cannot look big in shirt while being natty and low body fat.

• +1
Reactions: PYT, Deleted member 4332, Mayorga and 2 others
There's no way the average woman is 170 lb - that's insane. I don't think I could reach that with steroids. Without working out, my natural bodyweight fluctuated around 108 lb.
Don't worry about that, there is an obesity pandemic in the US, that's why their women are heavy as fuck. Being less heavy than a landwhale should be a compliment lol.

If you have a place in your home where you can attach rings it would be great, you can do a lot of cool exercises and you can actually apply progressive overload (which is the most important thing for building muscle if you are training natty).

Do you have someone who can help you measure your bideltoid?

• +1
you just need to train more to gain more muscle bro

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: 54UD4D3 and Julius
You look fine. The truth is that you cannot look big in shirt while being natty and low body fat.

Yeah, I guess that is pretty true. I have a few friends who are jacked low body fat and look good in anything but it happened pretty quick for them, like 6 months of working out in junior year. It seems like it's either something completely in your genetics, and I just don't have those

Don't worry about that, there is an obesity pandemic in the US, that's why their women are heavy as fuck. Being less heavy than a landwhale should be a compliment lol.

If you have a place in your home where you can attach rings it would be great, you can do a lot of cool exercises and you can actually apply progressive overload (which is the most important thing for building muscle if you are training natty).

Do you have someone who can help you measure your bideltoid?

Lol, that makes a lot of sense as to why the average is so skewed. I do see a good chunk of obese people here on the daily so it's not actually not too surprising if you say it like that. I'll also ask my parents if we have any places I can use for fitness things. I looked up buying a pullup bar and we could use our garage for that, and maybe also add a stand for the workout rings if it fits in nicely. And yep, I think my mom can help me if it's easy enough.

How old are you? Chances are you will still continue to fill out your frame (maybe some minimal bone growth in the clavicle as well, for example) until your mid/late 20s.

• +1
How old are you? Chances are you will still continue to fill out your frame (maybe some minimal bone growth in the clavicle as well, for example) until your mid/late 20s.

Recently turned 18, and that's great! I hope I can make some small growths at least, will avoid doing steroids or juice to help encourage it

• +1
Im 110lbs at 5'8
I feel you

• So Sad
Your phisique is good tbh.Average frame.

• Woah
Most people would recommend gymcelling but I'm just not fucking seeing it for me. I'm trying my best to improve my physique but with clothing I continuously look like I am skinny and don't work out at all. I'm sure other gymcels have the same problem. I've been working out for a little over a year and it seems like this is the best I can naturally do (120 lb at 5'8") which is extremely unfortunate. In the pic with a shirt on I even tried rolling up my sleeves to see if that helped and it did nothing. I guess @Yuyevon is right that it's extremely fucking difficult to look muscular in clothing natty. Is it hopeless or is there anything that can be done?
View attachment 481615View attachment 481616View attachment 481618
You have a great body, you mog most of the population. You need to buy clothes that fit tightly. Or you could do what everyone else does and find an excuse to always take your shirt off

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel and Deleted member 7313
Keep working out. You made good gains in 1 year natty. Pm me and IL show u my best friends physique and he is natty as well. Makes most roiders look like trash in comparison

• +1
You have a great body, you mog most of the population. You need to buy clothes that fit tightly. Or you could do what everyone else does and find an excuse to always take your shirt off

Appreciate that a lot! Lol. Yeah I'm going to invest in some tight, slim fitted clothing that can help bring out what I have. Since it's Texas I'll mostly be fine all year besides in the middle of winter where I wear long sleeves and jackets but I should be okay.

Keep working out. You made good gains in 1 year natty. Pm me and IL show u my best friends physique and he is natty as well. Makes most roiders look like trash in comparison

Thanks a lot! For sure I'll keep going and use all the tips mentioned on here and invest in a lot of the equipment.

This is why gymcels bulk. Start eating more and keep gaining weight. Don't cope with "muh six pack". Just sacrifice it for more bulk you will be much happier with yourself. I certainly was. I'm a completely different person now that i'm 211lbs instead of 132lbs.

Eat more. I don't care if it's Mc Donalds just eat. You don't even have to force feed, just increase calories slowly and you will adapt to it.

• +1
You should train more neck and traps, and don't wear oversized clothing like you do in the pic, that shirt is too wide and too long for you

• +1