How to ferment? Low IQcel

slavicpsycho

slavicpsycho

17yo chillmaxxed NEET
I got raw honey and left it 50% in the jar then filled the rest with water its been a few weeks now its fully liquid
Now am I supposed to open it once every few days for oxygen? Or keep it shut until I use it

• +1
Reactions: Slavusz, SubhumanCurrycel and itzyaboyJJ
That’s gonna make the honey moldy by adding water to it

• Hmm...
Reactions: slavicpsycho
50% water sounds like a lot. Is it bubbling?

• +1
Reactions: itzyaboyJJ, slavicpsycho and ryuken
That’s gonna make the honey moldy by adding water to it
Nah it was solid/hard at the start but added water now it mixed into it its all one liquid

• +1
Reactions: itzyaboyJJ
50% water sounds like a lot. Is it bubbling?
No but theres white shit floating around
I realized it should be 1:8 ratio later on but too late to do anything about it

• +1
Reactions: itzyaboyJJ and SubhumanCurrycel
Nah it was solid/hard at the start but added water now it mixed into it its all one liquid
The point of honey is that it doesn’t mold due to its low water content by adding water it will go bad but I’m not too sure

• Hmm...
Bro why this nga keep hmmmming me 😭

• JFL
The point of honey is that it doesn’t mold due to its low water content by adding water it will go bad but I’m not too sure
Maybe shitty pasteurized honey,, If its raw honey especially fermented it should kill the mold from the bacteria in it

• Woah
No but theres white shit floating around
I realized it should be 1:8 ratio later on but too late to do anything about it
Give it a stir then smell, you’ll know if it’s off

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: itzyaboyJJ and slavicpsycho
Maybe shitty pasteurized honey,, If its raw honey especially fermented it should kill the mold from the bacteria in it
How do you ferment honey, I didn’t know that was a thing.
I actually just bought almost 4 pounds of raw honey I can show u pics

• JFL
How do you ferment honey, I didn’t know that was a thing.
I actually just bought almost 4 pounds of raw honey I can show u pics

This is what i could find for plain honey without anything else. If you want to actually get high from it you have to do it for a while though

• Love it
Shake it around and open it and stir it everyday for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks the fizz should subside and you seal it shut and let it sit for a month at least and you get really good mead after 2 months fermentation.

• +1
Reactions: itzyaboyJJ and slavicpsycho

This is what i could find for plain honey without anything else. If you want to actually get high from it you have to do it for a while though
Does it increase the benefits of the honey originally

It smells like honey and beer. But not too strong of an alcohol smell since i put way too much fucking water
Honestly just give it a taste put it in your mouth and if it’s foul split it out but it doesn’t sound like it’s gone off

• +1
It smells like honey and beer. But not too strong of an alcohol smell since i put way too much fucking water
Ideally should be 1/5 honey, 4/5 water. Don't use carbonated water it kills bacteria and ruins fermentation, if you're using carbonated make sure to shake out the carbonation before hand.

• Woah
Ideally should be 1/5 honey, 4/5 water. Don't use carbonated water it kills bacteria and ruins fermentation, if you're using carbonated make sure to shake out the carbonation before hand.
Yeah im using plain water. If that is the ideal ratio thats great cause i thought i needed to add more honey i have 50/50 right now

• +1
Reactions: Slavusz