How to fix my narrow palate at 22 years old? Is palate expander an option?

Deleted member 2788

Deleted member 2788

Diamond
F3183BC0 2447 407A 9B32 921B50FCFFD8 223818B7 19E1 4EBC 9B22 367043CC1D44
Subhuman smile thinking about going to the dentist and asking for a palate expander

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: hoodcurry and Atem Rah
palate expander wouldnt do anything. Get MSE

• +1
Reactions: Warlow, RealSurgerymax and Deleted member 2788
palate expander wouldnt do anything. Get MSE
How can i get one? Just go to an orthondist and ask for it? I’m almost sure they probably dont even know what this is where i live jfl

MSE with cortipunture will probably work.

If not, SARPE.

MSE with cortipunture will probably work.

If not, SARPE.
How do i get MSE? I think orthondists where i lived never heard of this its over. Also what is sarpe?

How do i get MSE? I think orthondists where i lived never heard of this its over. Also what is sarpe?

MSE is Won Moons version of MARPE (Mini-Implant Assisted Rapid Palate Expansion.)

Most orthodontists have not drilled or given an injection since dental school, maybe decades. In fact most don’t even bother renewing their license to write prescriptions and order drugs (DEA Number in USA) which prevents them from being able to give you a nerve block injection to numb your palate for the MSE installation. So yes, unfortunately most orthodontists do not offer MSE. They might refer you to a maxillofacial surgeon for placement, but that will increase the cost a lot vs an orthodontist who places it. MSE is meant to be placed by orthodontists “Only for order by a certified orthodontist” but ironically most are not equipped to do it realistically.

SARPE is Surgically Assisted Rapid Palatal Expansion. Where the surgeon cuts your maxilla in half down the palatal suture then you wear the expander.

Last edited:
MSE is Won Moons version of MARPE (Mini-Implant Assisted Rapid Palate Expansion.)

Most orthodontists have not drilled or given an injection since dental school, maybe decades. In fact most don’t even bother renewing their license to write prescriptions and order drugs (DEA Number in USA) which prevents them from being able to give you a nerve block injection to numb your palate for the MSE installation. So yes, unfortunately most orthodontists do not offer MSE. They might refer you to a maxillofacial surgeon for placement, but that will increase the cost a lot vs an orthodontist who places it. MSE is meant to be placed by orthodontists “Only for order by a certified orthodontist” but ironically most are not equipped to do it realistically.

SARPE is Surgically Assisted Rapid Palatal Expansion. Where the surgeon cuts your maxilla in half down the palatal suture then you wear the expander.
And how can someone get mse then besides installing it urself lol

And how can someone get mse then besides installing it urself lol

Travel, and it doesn’t hurt to ask. You might have someone locally that will.