How to fix prediabetes/insulin resistance?

A

alphaChadpeasant911

Ascending
since i took mk677 my insulin resistance got fucked and i still have prediabetes and elevated blood sugar even tho i have stopped taking it. Its been almost a year since i stopped too wtf how t ofix this shit :feelswhy:

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine
I'd lower my PUFA consumption (seed oils, etc.) and increase sugar intake. I think some caffeine would work well too.

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Reactions: alphaChadpeasant911
since i took mk677 my insulin resistance got fucked and i still have prediabetes and elevated blood sugar even tho i have stopped taking it. Its been almost a year since i stopped too wtf how t ofix this shit :feelswhy:
Water fasting and weight loss. The only non-medical ways. Also give it time: like a year.

If it does not improve, then it means you've already done damage for life. Probably some of the beta-cells died, or who knows. Then you will wait for diabetes, and start taking metformin.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine, Deleted member 15539 and alphaChadpeasant911
Water fasting and weight loss. The only non-medical ways. Also give it time: like a year.
The thing is i want to do fasting but i don't want to lose weight as i'm already quite skinny(fat), i like my weight now and probably even wanna bulk tbh.

If it does not improve, then it means you've already done damage for life. Probably some of the beta-cells died, or who knows. Then you will wait for diabetes, and start taking metformin.
wtf so i'm gonna have diabetes? :hnghn:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15539
The thing is i want to do fasting but i don't want to lose weight, i like my weight now and probably even wanna bulk tbh.

wtf so i'm gonna have diabetes? :hnghn:
If you don't lose weight, nor start fasting/low sugar diet, then you have a HIGHER chance to get diabetes. Not a certainty.

If you don't lose weight, nor start fasting/low sugar diet, then you have a HIGHER chance to get diabetes. Not a certainty.
I'm already really skinny tbh, if i lose more weight wont it start to become unhealthy too?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Artemis
Stress hormones like cortisol, adrenaline, and growth hormone are involved in diabetes. Sugar is anti-stress and will reverse the condition.

Last edited:
Most people who have diabetes are severely overweight, usually, if you lose weight you will cure your insulin resistance. If you are underweight and have insulin resistance then its probably a genetic trait and you can't really cure it. Either way you're probably fucked for life. try eating a health balanced diet.

• So Sad
Then diet only. Reduce sugar dramatically.

WHat's your BMI? 21? Get to 19 kg/m^2.

• So Sad
Reactions: Artemis
Ok bro go to a doctor. :feelsmega:
i went to the doctor before but they said i didn't have prediabetes, they said i was too young to have itand sent me away :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine and Artemis
Ok bro go to a doctor. :feelsmega:

Faggots.org is for shitposting. No one here can help you. Better be safe than sorry. usually when people are lean like you, they have zero problems with insulin.
I'm not lean tho i'm skinnyfat. My arms are flabby and i have belly fat. Which seems to be the typical indicators of insulin resistance unfortunatly :feelsrope:

• +1
Reactions: Sanguinius
Sugar is the body's preferred fuel source, we don't crave it for nothing. If your blood sugar is high, your body is having a hard time oxidizing it, cause you're in fat-burning mode (thanks to stress hormones, PUFA, etc.). You gotta switch back into carb-burning mode

Insulin resistance is an overlooked factor in aging and just about every disease, good work keeping an eye on it.

The first thing is to get off Mk677, HGH, or other GH peptides to reset. t

The following are some ways to increase insulin sensitivity, they're roughly in order, and staking them increases the effectiveness.

1) Intermittent fasting - Consistently doing a minimum of 16 hours fasted and 8-hour feeding window will fix insulin issues as long as you're not overeating
2) Exercise - ideally do 150-80 minutes of zone 2 training per week (around 65-75% of maximum heart rate)
3) Caloric restriction - Eating slightly under maintenance and not snacking
4) Medication - Specifically Metformin is effective
5) Increase muscle mass - the more muscle mass you have the more insulin storage you have

Also, blood glucose is not a great way to determine if you're actually insulin resistant, doing blood tests like ha1c and an oral glucose test will give you a better idea.

Edit to add ketogenic diet works too

• +1
Insulin resistance is an overlooked factor in aging and just about every disease, good work keeping an eye on it.

The first thing is to get off Mk677, HGH, or other GH peptides to reset. t

The following are some ways to increase insulin sensitivity, they're roughly in order, and staking them increases the effectiveness.

1) Intermittent fasting - Consistently doing a minimum of 16 hours fasted and 8-hour feeding window will fix insulin issues as long as you're not overeating
2) Exercise - ideally do 150-80 minutes of zone 2 training per week (around 65-75% of maximum heart rate)
3) Caloric restriction - Eating slightly under maintenance and not snacking
4) Medication - Specifically Metformin is effective
5) Increase muscle mass - the more muscle mass you have the more insulin storage you have

Also, blood glucose is not a great way to determine if you're actually insulin resistant, doing blood tests like ha1c and an oral glucose test will give you a better idea.

Edit to add ketogenic diet works too
Yeah i did try keto for awhile, it worked but it made me feel like shit tbh. I had no energy and i heard long term keto is bad for your hormone levels. I will try to get other tests to confirm if i am insulin resistant but my blood glucose levels are considered prediabetic.

I heard metformin has bad side effects as well, i was taking berberine before too but i saw a study that said it reduces muscle growth. gotta pick my poison i guess :lul:

Yes. Contrary to popular belief
OP don't listen to this guy he's fucking retarded

1. Increase caffeine consumption NO MORE THAN 2 CUPS OF COFFEE A DAY
2. Reduce PROCESSED CARBS
3. Keto DIET
4. Consume high fat foods to gain healthy weight, GOOD fats, not animal fat, you need to consume nuts, legumes, and beans for your fat.

5. Increase PROTEIN and FIBER intake, these both slow the digestion of sugar and boost metabolism, aim for BELOW 30g of net carbs a day (net carbs are carbs minus fiber)

6. Get your carbs from VEGETABLES AS MUCH AS YOU CAN

7. get enough SLEEP 8-10 HOURS

8. EXERCISE REGULARLY TO BURN EXCESS CARBS

9. do NOT eat right before bed or during the middle of the night, eat ATLEAST 2 hours before bed so your body has time to DIGEST before you sleep.

10. Get your blood tests taken, you may be TIFU (thin outside fat inside).

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: ironjacket and alphaChadpeasant911
1. Take brisk 10min walks after meals (exercise can be TWICE as effective as the popular drug Metformin for blood sugar control!!).
2. Lose weight (Damn near everyone who loses body-fat lowers blood sugars along with cholesterol and blood pressure).
3. Improve sleep!! Even if that means using a CPAP
4. Maintain optimal blood levels of VitD, 25-Hydroxyvitamin D >75 nmol/L. Take 8,000IU VitD daily. The Big Vit D mistake - 8,000IU
5. Daily Potassium – 4700 mg (See Potassium)
6. Daily calcium (Whole fat Greek yogurt daily. FAGE TOTAL). Calcium helps weight loss. (See Calcium)
7. Daily Magnesium (Supplement). 400mg/day before bed (See Magnesium)
8. Incorporate 2 cups of fruit daily (except banana) as part of your recommended calorie and nutrient recommendations. Fructose stimulates the liver and may enhance glycogen storage (For reference1 orange = 1 cup) (See Fructose)
9. Incorporate a carrot daily along with other well-tolerated vegetables.
10. Incorporate 2 whole eggs daily (Choline in the yolks helps regulate blood sugars) [80]
11. Don’t eat too much protein. Protein is glucogenic meaning that it can be converted to glucose. Overconsuming protein can create issues maintaining blood glucose levels.
12. Get iodine to improve thyroid function (pure cranberry juice 3-4oz 2xdaily)
13. 20-30 minutes resistance training daily is optimal. Daily sets of deep knee bends is advised. The legs muscles when worked absorb glucose from the bloodstream without the need for insulin.
14. Reduce carbs to 150g daily and get from primarily fruit and potato. Avoid polyunsaturated fats. Eat saturated fats (Red meat, grass fed butter, Pasteur raised egg yolks, Cheddar cheese, whole fat yogurt and cottage cheese). Unsaturated fats oxidize and create free radicals which trigger stress hormones and inflammation. Saturated fats turn off stress hormones.
15. Collagen/Gelatin Protein Daily from boiled bones. Bone broth or hydrolyzed collagen powder. Gelatin vs collagen

(This is copied from the vertical diet, also berberine)

Don't eat too often, don't consume lots of sugar, especially not processed sugars. No sweets or sugary drinks (which you shouldn't consume anyway). Intermittent fasting may be an option, you should make sure not to snack in between meals!

1. Take brisk 10min walks after meals (exercise can be TWICE as effective as the popular drug Metformin for blood sugar control!!).
2. Lose weight (Damn near everyone who loses body-fat lowers blood sugars along with cholesterol and blood pressure).
3. Improve sleep!! Even if that means using a CPAP
4. Maintain optimal blood levels of VitD, 25-Hydroxyvitamin D >75 nmol/L. Take 8,000IU VitD daily. The Big Vit D mistake - 8,000IU
5. Daily Potassium – 4700 mg (See Potassium)
6. Daily calcium (Whole fat Greek yogurt daily. FAGE TOTAL). Calcium helps weight loss. (See Calcium)
7. Daily Magnesium (Supplement). 400mg/day before bed (See Magnesium)
8. Incorporate 2 cups of fruit daily (except banana) as part of your recommended calorie and nutrient recommendations. Fructose stimulates the liver and may enhance glycogen storage (For reference1 orange = 1 cup) (See Fructose)
9. Incorporate a carrot daily along with other well-tolerated vegetables.
10. Incorporate 2 whole eggs daily (Choline in the yolks helps regulate blood sugars) [80]
11. Don’t eat too much protein. Protein is glucogenic meaning that it can be converted to glucose. Overconsuming protein can create issues maintaining blood glucose levels.
12. Get iodine to improve thyroid function (pure cranberry juice 3-4oz 2xdaily)
13. 20-30 minutes resistance training daily is optimal. Daily sets of deep knee bends is advised. The legs muscles when worked absorb glucose from the bloodstream without the need for insulin.
14. Reduce carbs to 150g daily and get from primarily fruit and potato. Avoid polyunsaturated fats. Eat saturated fats (Red meat, grass fed butter, Pasteur raised egg yolks, Cheddar cheese, whole fat yogurt and cottage cheese). Unsaturated fats oxidize and create free radicals which trigger stress hormones and inflammation. Saturated fats turn off stress hormones.
15. Collagen/Gelatin Protein Daily from boiled bones. Bone broth or hydrolyzed collagen powder. Gelatin vs collagen

(This is copied from the vertical diet, also berberine)
150g carbs is way too much