How to gain muscle and lose fat?

Deleted member 1089

Deleted member 1089

Luv fightin and beer
Been losing alot of fat lately but also muscle.
I want to rebuild muscle but keep losing fat.
Is it possible?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3795
not sure OP but I bookmarked this thread because i'm also wondering the same thing.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: BigBoy, dogeatsgrass and Deleted member 1089
First you put on mass and then you cut down.

• +1
Reactions: BrendioEEE, SubhumanCurrycel and janoycresva
I am in process. Eat protein rich diet whilst keeping calories down.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
clean diet, high protein low carbs

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1089
I Think both at the same time is not possible. Except maybe when you are a beginner

1- You can only lose fat and build muscle at the same time if you're a begginner, and you do that by staying on a cutting (calorie deficit) and training seeking progressive overload

2- If you want to build muscle, start a bulking and stay in a caloric surplus, mix hypertrophy and strenght training with the big compounds and you're good.

Hit your macros and train.

That's it.

• +1
Reactions: janoycresva
enough protein bro and slightly calorie deficit

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
First you put on mass and then you cut down.

Tried multiple times,
always end up too fat and then lose all muscle when I cut down

Tried multiple times,
Of course you're gonna end up too fat, i'm 100% sure you're not tracking what you eat using a kitchen scale and myfitnesspal. You have to be in a moderate caloric surplus and hit your macros properly.

Don't have a before photo but this:

Still very fat, but I lost fat and gained muscles at the same time.
A5d2eedb27df6659a85e784b385d8e5d
I am going for this type of body.

Last edited:
  • +1
Tried multiple times,
you're not losing muscle, your fat gives you the illusion that you have more muscle than you think you do. so when you cut down and lose fat, you're seeing how much muscle you really have... which is not a lot. Look at some real natties that cut down for bodybuilding shows, they look horrible because it's honestly hard to build a lot of muscle naturally. but basically what @matlockmatt said is the correct answer.

also, a big key to maintaining muscle while cutting is maintaining the same training intensity as when you were bulking. it's only in the final weeks before a show that you should slighly reduce intensity and that's only if you really feel like you're hanging by a thread. I was squatting 2-3 times a week, deadlifting 2 times a week and benching 3 times a week + extra hypertrophy, deep into my cut.

Last edited:
Eat 4-6 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.

Tried multiple times,
Depends on how long you've been lifting. Less than 1-2 years, you're just eating too much, scale it back a bit. About 300 calories. If you're mid-intermediate or higher, bulking is a scam, it'll just make you fat as a natural. You could also have low T3/T4 and/or low testosterone.

Depends on how long you've been lifting. Less than 1-2 years, you're just eating too much, scale it back a bit. About 300 calories. If you're mid-intermediate or higher, bulking is a scam, it'll just make you fat as a natural. You could also have low T3/T4 and/or low testosterone.

Been going for 2.5 years,
I need to bulk because I streetfight and I cant be a little rat so auswichmaxxing goes against what I want to do.
Eat 4-6 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.

JFL thats way too much

Been going for 2.5 years,
I need to bulk because I streetfight and I cant be a little rat so auswich goes against what I want to do.
Sounds like you're a good candidate for the legion of needle samurai. Nobody gets impressively strong or big without magic muscle elixirs or top 10-20% genetics, and it sounds to me like you're missing the latter.

• +1
Sounds like you're a good candidate for the legion of needle samurai. Nobody gets impressively strong or big without magic muscle elixirs or top 10-20% genetics, and it sounds to me like you're missing the latter.

It's true,
I can get fairly big without the juice though.
Although I do get quite a bit of fat which is the issue.
I'll see what I can do.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
It's true,
I can get fairly big without the juice though.
Although I do get quite a bit of fat which is the issue.
I'll see what I can do.
What you perceive as "size" is very likely intramuscular fat, water, and glycogen. Naturals who get lean have their muscles flatten out as a consequence. And because mass moves mass, the simple act of increasing your body weight will make you stronger even if a negligible amount of that weight is contractile muscle tissue. It sounds to me like you've hit your genetic ceiling for muscle growth and are mistaking other forms of mass gain for muscle gain. It's a common mistake.